ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL to strictly enforce taunting in 2021
tk13 12:19 PM 08-10-2021
Sounds like they're going to go back to cracking down on taunting this year.

The NFL's annual rule change and points of emphasis video notes game officials have been instructed to strictly enforce taunting rules in 2021. Two violations results in automatic ejection, with fines and even suspensions (!!) in play, too.https://t.co/aMafmvxwxt

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 10, 2021

[Reply]
stevieray 05:00 AM 08-11-2021
Matriarchal Football League
[Reply]
loochy 05:28 AM 08-11-2021
Why though? What's the motive for this strict new enforcement?
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:33 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Are those stupid group photos in front of the camera whenever a player makes a contribution to the game considered taunting? Asking for a friend.

(I have no friends.)
I sure hope so, friend.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:19 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Me and a lot of other people, I guess.
No the others recognize it is taunting. They just don't want it to be called.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:08 AM 08-11-2021
If they flex after a sack, it's fine as long as they don't do it to the QB's face, or anyone else on the opposing team. That's my guess on sacks.

"Taunting" is largely harmless, and this is not an issue unless they want it to be. Apparently, they want it to be. I actually wonder how many fans (not just us assholes on this board) think this is a good thing...might surprise us to learn that it's probably a lot...
[Reply]
SupDock 08:29 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No the others recognize it is taunting. They just don't want it to be called.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Sure thing
[Reply]
scho63 08:48 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
That pretty much sums up the "New" NFL. :-)
[Reply]
jettio 09:20 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
If they flex after a sack, it's fine as long as they don't do it to the QB's face, or anyone else on the opposing team. That's my guess on sacks.

"Taunting" is largely harmless, and this is not an issue unless they want it to be. Apparently, they want it to be. I actually wonder how many fans (not just us assholes on this board) think this is a good thing...might surprise us to learn that it's probably a lot...
I disagree, there are things that a player could do or say to an opposing player that crosses the line and provokes a response.

The only questionable taunting call I have seen in the last few years was the flag on Tyreek in the MNF game against the Rams. There was nothing particularly disrespectful about flashing deuces like Tyreek has done on long TDs since his second year.

Every other time I have seen a taunting flag thrown, it is obvious that the player being flagged had crossed the line and did something that could provoke a response and lead to a fight.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:24 PM 08-12-2021
As long as the taunting call isnt a spot foul. I dont like it but at least it wont be called to take points off the board.... right?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:31 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I disagree, there are things that a player could do or say to an opposing player that crosses the line and provokes a response.

The only questionable taunting call I have seen in the last few years was the flag on Tyreek in the MNF game against the Rams. There was nothing particularly disrespectful about flashing deuces like Tyreek has done on long TDs since his second year.

Every other time I have seen a taunting flag thrown, it is obvious that the player being flagged had crossed the line and did something that could provoke a response and lead to a fight.
I would say the opposite. Taunting is usually tossing the ball back and accidentally hitting someone vs starting an actual fight. It's a horribly subjective rule and has never been a problem let alone one worth over enforcing. Is taunting provoked fights even a problem right now? What is the motivation behind this.
[Reply]
jettio 09:13 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I would say the opposite. Taunting is usually tossing the ball back and accidentally hitting someone vs starting an actual fight. It's a horribly subjective rule and has never been a problem let alone one worth over enforcing. Is taunting provoked fights even a problem right now? What is the motivation behind this.
The last taunting penalty called was Antoine Winfield in the Super Bowl. That is the motivation behind this. That was not something accidental being penalized.

That deserves a penalty and it highlighted that the rule could be stricter because it is not much of a penalty on a change of possession play.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 PM 08-12-2021
The last taunting penalty called was Antoine Winfield in the Super Bowl. That is the motivation behind this. That was not something accidental being penalized.

That deserves a penalty and it highlighted that the rule could be stricter because it is not much of a penalty on a change of possession play.
A few years ago we had 4th quarter game changing penalties from players tossing the ball gently to the wrong person. Any wrongly called penalty on a subjective call that has ZERO to do with gaining an advantage in the game is a stupid one.
[Reply]
jettio 09:54 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
A few years ago we had 4th quarter game changing penalties from players tossing the ball gently to the wrong person. Any wrongly called penalty on a subjective call that has ZERO to do with gaining an advantage in the game is a stupid one.
The rules against taunting are good rules and prevent fights. I agree that referees should actually see or hear something that shows intent, but this is not a new rule. I am not in favor of officials making mistakes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:51 PM 08-12-2021
The rules against taunting are good rules and prevent fights. I agree that referees should actually see or hear something that shows intent, but this is not a new rule. I am not in favor of officials making mistakes.
The rule is fucking stupid.

The rule against holding is to stop an OL from getting an advantage over a pass rusher. Offsides is to prevent a defensive player from getting an edge before the ball is snapped.

This is subjective bullshit. Taunting doesn't change the game other than the ultra rate scenario it escalates into a fight that creates competitive disparity.

Refs should not make opinions on calls. They should enforce the rules in place. Most subjective penalties are stupid. Especially when they have nothing to do with the game.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:32 AM 08-13-2021
So you can trash talk but can't mime? or is trash talking a penalty too now .

isn't it the same as running up the score if you don't want them to flex on you don't let them beat you.

I am not a big on end zone celebrations to me some of them seem childish, I prefer acting like you have been there before and that you will be there again(Barry Sanders style) but if you opponent has been talking shit all game pointing to the scoreboard seems fair game to me.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up