ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL to strictly enforce taunting in 2021
tk13 12:19 PM 08-10-2021
Sounds like they're going to go back to cracking down on taunting this year.

The NFL's annual rule change and points of emphasis video notes game officials have been instructed to strictly enforce taunting rules in 2021. Two violations results in automatic ejection, with fines and even suspensions (!!) in play, too.https://t.co/aMafmvxwxt

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 10, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 12:29 PM 08-10-2021
I feel like they already overreact to Tyreek having harmless fun. Kelce and Honey Badger are pretty animated when they make plays as well, but seem to know where the line is. Do they start drawing flags now?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:32 PM 08-10-2021
Why fix a problem that doesn't exist? The enforcement last year was probably too strict.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:36 PM 08-10-2021
So no more ‘peace signs’ for Reek w/o a 15 yarder attached to it?

Dumb.

Where’s the gif of Kelce telling the ref he’s a ‘jerk off’ . . . . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:36 PM 08-10-2021
Return of the No Fun League.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:44 PM 08-10-2021
if there's one thing the NFL needs more of...it's more subjective penalties.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:48 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Dumb.

[Reply]
Spott 12:52 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Dumb.

Probably no more backflips and definitely not ones where you do it into the end zone.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 08-10-2021
I guess I don't understand why this is a problem in need of emphasis.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:56 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Exactly. This isn’t a player safety or a fairness rule. Seems like a “no fun” rule.

There need to be some guidelines, sure, but in the end this is subjective.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:59 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I didn't think it was a problem.. I guess Winfield doing the peace sign to Tyreek triggered some people? My thought is: if you're gonna talk shit when you're winning, expect that shit back. Especially when you're getting smoked in the biggest game of the season
[Reply]
DaFace 01:01 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I didn't think it was a problem.. I guess Winfield doing the peace sign to Tyreek triggered some people? My thought is: if you're gonna talk shit when you're winning, expect that shit back. Especially when you're getting smoked in the biggest game of the season
Yeah, exactly. Did I love it then Winfield did it? Not at all. But the game is more entertaining when there's a little grit to it.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:02 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I don’t really understand the enforcement of these rules, although I don’t necessarily have a complaint about it.

Is strutting around and gesticulating after a big sack considered taunting, what about after a big tackle for a loss?

If those are not taunting why is a peace sign taunting? Is high stepping into the end zone taunting?

It’s just so subjective. I feel the answer is consistency rather than being more strict.

Maybe the concern is making the game more chippy, leading to fights?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:05 PM 08-10-2021
I bet Tom Brady wins at least one game this year from this penalty being called in the last minute of the game. Against a guy on the bench.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:06 PM 08-10-2021
Anyone who went to Texas, I want the opposing team to do the "Horns Down" sign towards them.

Do it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up