ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 35
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:15 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Doesn’t look like SKC has anything for Leon.
3-0 at half is an ass kicking, right?
Yes but SKC started 1 of their regular players. All the rest are 2nd and 3rd string, including the Goalie.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:23 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yes but SKC started 1 of their regular players. All the rest are 2nd and 3rd string, including the Goalie.
Really? Why?
Cuz it’s a Leagues Cup game (whatever that is)?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:26 PM 08-10-2021
Really? Why?
Cuz it’s a Leagues Cup game (whatever that is)?
Yes and it's their 3rd game inside of a week. Have some injuries too but yeah, primarily because it is the Leagues Cup game.

This is "kinda" the same as the Chiefs benching all their starters against the Chargers last year.

This is the 2nd game in a row they've done this too. Saturday they managed a 0-0 game on the road playing mostly 2nd and 3rd string players.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:31 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yes and it's their 3rd game inside of a week. Have some injuries too but yeah, primarily because it is the Leagues Cup game.

This is "kinda" the same as the Chiefs benching all their starters against the Chargers last year.

This is the 2nd game in a row they've done this too. Saturday they managed a 0-0 game on the road playing mostly 2nd and 3rd string players.
Got it. Thanks.
I’m trying to enjoy soccer. But shoot, it’s 4-1 against my hometown team.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:36 PM 08-10-2021
Got it. Thanks.
I’m trying to enjoy soccer. But shoot, it’s 4-1 against my hometown team.
Meh, this is not the game to worry about. Notice our coach just sitting down, legs crossed, not even concerned.

Keep in mind this is Leon's best players against a bunch of guys who hardly see the field normally.

Cam Duke has come in late in some games as well as Harris. They finally put Kinda in and they started Salloi who is our best player but he has already been pulled.

Names you want to know that aren't playing tonight or played sparingly..

Salloi..played 1st half
Russel..not played
Martins..not played
Zusi..not played
Espinoza..not played
Kinda..played 2nd half
Melia..not played
Pulido..not played
Ilie..played
Shelton...not played

Those guys are all our 1st string guys and goalie and haven't played or played just a little tonight

I mean we are getting woodshedded tonight but it's their best against our bench and deep bench.

SKC is in 1st place so there is that...
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:51 PM 08-10-2021
Good to know. No wonder it’s 6-1 now.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:56 PM 08-10-2021
Come all you mexicans and spend your money at livestrong
[Reply]
KCTitus 11:48 AM 08-11-2021
Really impressed with the talent level on Team USA going into the world cup. Most impressive is the 2 straight wins against Mexico with the second being without most of their top talent. Seems like most of the starting 11 are now playing abroad which only makes them better/faster.

Looking forward to the start of the Premiere League...hoping that ManU can somehow chase down City for a change. Been a long time since their last EPL trophy in 2013. Lets go Reds!
[Reply]
Shag 12:48 PM 08-11-2021
Supercup today, to kick off the season. Pulisic on the bench, which hopefully means he gets the start this weekend for the EPL kickoff.

EPL should be wild at the top, with significant upgrades for Cheslea, City and ManU. Just hope City doesn't get Kane...
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:53 PM 08-11-2021
Can't wait for the futball season to start. You'll Never Walk Alone
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:12 PM 08-11-2021
Vermes is getting a little too cautious with these mid season lineups for my liking. The league cup shouldn’t have been treated like a preseason game. Especially after resting most of the big players on Saturday in Colorado. It would have been nice to have a good showing against a strong Leon side. I understand we need these players for the playoffs and supporter shield push, but that lineup last night was embarrassing.

Excited for the European Leagues to get going again this weekend. The Josh Sargent move to Norwich could help the US team if he gets some sufficient playing time. We’ll have to see how that all plays out.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 PM 08-14-2021
Back in sole possession of 1st place....
[Reply]
petegz28 06:53 PM 08-21-2021
SKC played a hell of a game down 1 man for almost 75 minutes and damn near won. The tie on the road is very much acceptable.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:28 PM 08-21-2021
Road tie 0 0 boring
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:10 PM 08-26-2021
Wut??

Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester City from Juventus is a ‘done deal’, via Portuguese journalist @_GoncaloLopes pic.twitter.com/gA6tq5TdyK

— B/R Football (@brfootball) August 26, 2021

[Reply]
Page 2 of 35
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up