ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Woodstock ‘99 Documentary
BigRedChief 12:50 AM 07-24-2021
Have you seen this on HBO and HBO Max? It’s very well done but it’s such a slice of the cultural back then. I never knew the extent of how bad things got during that weekend for the 300K in attendance.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:18 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It was just a bad combination of the poor conditions, the heat and the types of bands they programmed. Perfect storm of events that made kids go nuts.

But yea, those prices were not too outrageous. I’m sure the tickets were expensive with all the big name acts.
I liked most of the bands..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:17 PM 07-31-2021
Durst At lollapalooza tonight. Doesn’t look like the rebel from the 90’s. Hope it’s some kind of stunt.

I just legit fell off my couch. Ummmmm what happened to Fred Durst?? Holy moly! Haven’t seen Limp Bizkit in years. Wow! pic.twitter.com/ec0YgwsyqV

— Tina BoBina (@tina_rva_) August 1, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 07:33 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Durst At lollapalooza tonight. Doesn’t look like the rebel from the 90’s. Hope it’s some kind of stunt.

That's a wig and he looks like he's from the beastie boys sabotage video..he's playing around.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:39 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's a wig and he looks like he's from the beastie boys sabotage video..he's playing around.
And/or looks like he’s straight from an old folks home.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:01 PM 07-31-2021
I enjoy how in this doc it repeatedly keeps going back to Korn and Limp Bizkit bring agressive...putting 400 k people in 100 degree heat on asphalt with crappy supplies is a recipe for disaster regardless of who's on stage.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:41 PM 07-31-2021
Durst has become a film and television show director in recent years.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:06 PM 07-31-2021
I've heard in several different interviews that Durst is the nicest guy ever.

:-)

I've heard it enough times for it not to be a one off kind of thing, so I guess I have to believe it, but it's super weird.
[Reply]
eDave 10:21 PM 07-31-2021
Jonathon Davis punched him out after a show once. I forget why.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:31 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

[Reply]
backinblack 03:19 PM 08-01-2021
My favorite part was the promoter asshole dude shedding any responsibility on his or his company's part at every turn. "Oh it was MTV's fault, oh it was Fred Durst's fault, oh it was the kids' fault, oh it was Anthony Kiedis' fault". Like dude own your shitty promotion of putting this festival on in subpar infrastructure and not having adequate sources of water and food to offset that.

Most bizarre thing was Robby Kreager being invited on stage with Creed lol. I remember back in the 90s The Doors were not exactly a band that most teenagers were into, they were seen as the bad music that their dad listened to. Couple that with performing with Creed, who even in 1999 were something of a joke.
[Reply]
notorious 03:37 PM 08-01-2021
Crazy how people were just walking around butt-ass naked.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:37 PM 08-01-2021
yeah they made them aware of the bad shit happening and instead of trying to get people to chill out, Limp Bizkit egged them on.

Also the fires started during the RHCP set. They asked the Red Hot Chili Peppers before their encore to ask the fans to stop setting fires. Not only did they tell the promoters to **** off they played Jimi Hendricks “Fire” song as an encore to be more in the face of the promoters for daring to ask them to calm things down.

There is being against the man. Being a rebel etc. and then there is deliberately making the violence worse among your own fans on purpose.
That's some bullshit if that's how RHCP were portrayed in the doc.

They told Janie Hendrix that they would play "Fire" as a tribute to Jimi, who, iirc, may have been an iconic performer at the original Woodstock, or something. I remember grampa telling me about Jimi playing the national anthem in a very orthodox and respectful way.

They had obviously planned it, because for the encore break they ALL went and dressed up as Jimi, replete with white fringe leather jackets and headbands, so it wasn't like they decided to play "Fire" at the last second to thumb their noses at anyone.

Sometimes, things have simple explanation if anyone cares to look.

Will quote Eminem here though when I post "mother**** a limp bizkit."
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:42 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
About an hour in to this. It’s good. Moby comes off as a P*ssy though
Wrong.

Pussies can take one helluva beating. Pussy beats Moby's ass.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's some bullshit if that's how RHCP were portrayed in the doc.

They told Janie Hendrix that they would play "Fire" as a tribute to Jimi, who, iirc, may have been an iconic performer at the original Woodstock, or something. I remember grampa telling me about Jimi playing the national anthem in a very orthodox and respectful way.

They had obviously planned it, because for the encore break they ALL went and dressed up as Jimi, replete with white fringe leather jackets and headbands, so it wasn't like they decided to play "Fire" at the last second to thumb their noses at anyone.

Sometimes, things have simple explanation if anyone cares to look.

Will quote Eminem here though when I post "mother**** a limp bizkit."
Yes, that’s what the promoter/film says. Nothing in there about a tribute to Hendrix.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:32 PM 09-22-2021
Yes, that’s what the promoter/film says. Nothing in there about a tribute to Hendrix.
Then that film is total fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up