Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 07:11 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
You must be new here, so, first thing first:

Welcome aboard. Second thing,

Good post, I like it. I can see that it can go both ways. I think the bigger culprits of likely getting cut first before LDT would be Rankin and Wylie. Wylie was bad, and never really impressed me that much. So I see those two guys getting kicked to the curb first before messing with LDT.

Of course, like you said, if LDT skills has declined because of the opt-out year, I can see that scenario happening as well. But the risk the Chiefs run is that if they lose LDT and keep Wylie, and Long gets injured again.... yeah.

I just feel like Wylie is the worst option to keep on the roster, one way or another.
Wylie is toast..
[Reply]
Coach 07:12 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So there's a rumor floating that the Chiefs are the only team that medically cleared Smith. Carolina and NE had interest as far back as round 3 and their medical staffs said no go.
Eh, each medical staff is going to be different.

If one says he's OK and another says he's not, well, that's normal. Plenty of times we seen a player released because that team's medical team says 'no go', and when doing a physical check up with a new team, he passes it. So I don't really read that too much.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:19 PM 05-01-2021
So there's a rumor floating that the Chiefs are the only team that medically cleared Smith. Carolina and NE had interest as far back as round 3 and their medical staffs said no go.
Once upon a time, the Chiefs drafted a DL in the 6th who was the son of the Raiders GM and tried to convert him to the OL because his legs looked like tree trunks.

I have to imagine drafting this guy based on inconclusive medicals is still a higher expected value proposition.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:30 PM 05-01-2021
I expect to see Veach doing some player trading in August. If we can get Ward for Ehinger, and the Texans could get a starting running back from us for Rankin, and we can give up a pick for Cam Erving, then I'm pretty sure that Veach can get something for a couple of our extra linemen.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:35 PM 05-01-2021
Wylie is toast..
We likely got rid of Wylie and Keizer today. I’ll take it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:38 PM 05-01-2021
They asked him and he said he hasn’t had any health issues since 2018. I would assume that Tennessee has been keeping a close eye on it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:39 PM 05-01-2021
Count me thrilled all these teams fraidy cat doctors said no bueno

You will absolutely miss every shot you don't take

Veach is fearless
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:41 PM 05-01-2021
Yet a mobile QB with epilepsy went #11 overall.

I think teams look for more reasons not to draft a guy than reasoning for drafting a guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:43 PM 05-01-2021
Plus it’s a 6th round pick. If for some reason he doesn’t make it.....it’s not a huge cost.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:44 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Plus it’s a 6th round pick. If for some reason he doesn’t make it.....it’s not a huge cost.

[Reply]
-King- 07:49 PM 05-01-2021
We got depth on top of depth now. Crazy how we fixed both the starting spots and the backups in one off season
[Reply]
JakeF 07:49 PM 05-01-2021
He's played the last 2 years without any medical issues. I guess teams think that his career could end at any time with the blood clots. Or his could play a full career with no issue. It's worth the risk of a 6th round pick.

Our biggest issues now are RT and DE right?

Will Niang takeover the RT position? Who's going to start at DE opposite of Clark?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:52 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yet a mobile QB with epilepsy went #11 overall.

I think teams look for more reasons not to draft a guy than reasoning for drafting a guy.
I know you have had some concern about his epilepsy order. Here is the former Chargers doc on it.
https://www.outkick.com/profootballd...justin-fields/
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:56 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
He's played the last 2 years without any medical issues. I guess teams think that his career could end at any time with the blood clots. Or his could play a full career with no issue. It's worth the risk of a 6th round pick.

Our biggest issues now are RT and DE right?

Will Niang takeover the RT position? Who's going to start at DE opposite of Clark?
RT isn’t a huge need. They have Niang and Remmers....plus Long if we need him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:56 PM 05-01-2021
If he pans out, we might have our starting 5 OL for next year 3-4 years straight already on the current roster.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 52
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up