ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 27
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
The Lounge>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Otter 12:08 PM 04-12-2020

[Reply]
Otter 12:09 PM 04-12-2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:13 PM 04-12-2020
These are great pictures. Fun to look at, especially when they're places and activities that I haven't experienced.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:20 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
These are great pictures. Fun to look at, especially when they're places and activities that I haven't experienced.
Were you or were you not extremely drunk at a Christmas party in 1979 with long hair and your arm around someone else's wife?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:45 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Were you or were you not extremely drunk at a Christmas party in 1979 with long hair and your arm around someone else's wife?
I was very drunk, because I remember my wife had to drive home, which normally never happens. We were all air traffic controllers except for the girl on the right, she was a pilot and a date of the guy next to her. The girl I had my arm around was a controller and that was her husband next to me, it wasn't like I was behind his back. I really have no memory of any of that, I only know about it because of the photo.
[Reply]
srvy 01:48 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I don't have a lot of scenery photos, here's Cuba in 2018 taken from the ship looking down.



Me on the left going over the edge and repelling down a rock face 300' feet for the first time in Korea 1971.



Pensacola Approach Control Radar position where I worked for the FAA late 70's early 80's.



Me at age 29 extremely drunk with my arm around someone else's wife, 1979 Christmas Party, I have the long hair.

Is that a tiparillo in the bottom photo?

Sweet wide tie you don't see those anymore.

The guy on your right seems to be getting to friendly
:-)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:56 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Is that a tiparillo in the bottom photo?

Sweet wide tie you don't see those anymore.

The guy on your right seems to be getting to friendly :-)
The guy on the right, he had a good looking date, she was a pilot, she use to do a bank run picking up checks along the panhandle of Florida. His name was Doug McLean, before he was a controller he was a Miami school teacher. He wasn't a very good controller, he cared more about how he sounded than what he did. Overall, Doug was a pretty good guy, one of the few bachelors we had at the facility out of 57 controllers at the time.

Out of the 57, there were 46 of us fired by Reagan in the strike of '81.
[Reply]
srvy 02:09 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
The guy on the right, he had a good looking date, she was a pilot, she use to do a bank run picking up checks along the panhandle of Florida. His name was Doug McLean, before he was a controller he was a Miami school teacher. He wasn't a very good controller, he cared more about how he sounded than what he did. Overall, Doug was a pretty good guy, one of the few bachelors we had at the facility out of 57 controllers at the time.

Out of the 57, there were 46 of us fired by Reagan in the strike of '81.
I was going to ask if you survived Reagan's firing of the illegal strike by the controllers. I thought better not the right subforum. My Dad worked for TWA was a lifelong Democrat but supported and voted Reagan. That firing ended his support.
[Reply]
srvy 02:13 PM 04-12-2020
So was it a Tiparillo?

[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:47 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I was going to ask if you survived Reagan's firing of the illegal strike by the controllers. I thought better not the right subforum. My Dad worked for TWA was a lifelong Democrat but supported and voted Reagan. That firing ended his support.
Thanks for your father. There were 11,345 fired. We had union hall and for a couple of weeks we would go there, we had a Pilot come everyday. He was on vacation with his family at Pensacola Beach. He said, I walked the picket line with my wife, she was a stewardess, I'm here to support you guys I can't enjoy myself at the beach with this going on. Then he would call the pilot reporting hotline everyday, and they were reporting close calls everywhere. We thought we would win. After two weeks we got permission to picket and we went to the airport for a while and did that. That was almost 40 years ago, water under the bridge.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:50 PM 04-12-2020
Mr. Doggity and me -and some bar chick who was hanging on Doggity- back in 2004 at Neighbor's Landing in Osage Beach. Our band Viagra Falls played this dive once a year for about a half dozen years. Good times.
Attached: GB&DoggityLOZ.jpg (391.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:12 PM 04-12-2020
Sainte-Chapelle, Paris




Castel Sant'Angelo, Rome


[Reply]
Bearcat 03:15 PM 04-12-2020
Just noticed I had this one on imgur... one of the more unique and cooler shots I've taken.


[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:31 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
So was it a Tiparillo?
I didn't pick up on that at first, not a cigar. In the 70's I smoked More cigarettes.


[Reply]
srvy 05:29 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I didn't pick up on that at first, not a cigar. In the 70's I smoked More cigarettes.

Ahh ok forgot about More's. I went on a Winchester kick for a bit was a filtered cigar made like a cigarette.


[Reply]
Page 13 of 27
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up