ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 435
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359409 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:43 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Frank Clark might be a case study of what happens when guys get paid. He had a troubled childhood past living in poverty. Now he’s got his first huge check. He also won the Super Bowl, so he’s accomplished the 2 things most players want in this league regardless if they love the game or not: a ring and wealth.

It’s like working out. You work your ass off and finally get the body you want over time. Then you turn out like Lewdog and get a hot chick in bed. You’ve made it. But the hard part is the consistency. You need to work out to keep that body which is a standard requirement to bag a super hot chick (unless you’re loaded money wise).

It’s life. And I think that’s what has happened to Frank.
So it's not mystery AIDS? Or whatever the fuck he has?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:14 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
.......Then you turn out like Lewdog ......
It’s life. And I think that’s what has happened to Frank.
This ought to go over like a lead balloon.........
[Reply]
-King- 08:39 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If Dee wasn’t speed rushing, he absolutely loafed it coming in on the inside. The dude just shied away from contact whenever he could. Hell, he did that in the same game where Frank came up with that game clinching sack.
At least he had a go to. His speed rush was a genuine elite skill. What kind of pass rush is Frank even average at?

I'm happy about what he gave us that 2019 run, but it's obvious at this point that that it was just a lucky streak that so luckily coincided with our biggest games.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:10 PM 09-25-2021
I don't really care how desperate we are at a certain position. No more trading 1st rounders for players who need big contracts.

A team needs great players on cheap contracts. When you trade those picks away and hand out big money deals to those players, it kicks you in the nuts multiple times. That can be ok if the player is a Pro Bowl-level guy (at MINIMUM) at his position, but even then, you can't do that shit all the time. You'll run out of cap dollars pretty quickly.

Yes, I know Veach is probably done doing those kinds of deals for awhile, but damn, this one is kind of painful. If we had drafted a good player with that 1st rounder in 2019, we'd have cap space AND that guy kicking ass for us. If we drafted a bust with that pick, we'd at least still have the cap space.

And at least OBJ is going to give us a year of cheap play. Clark didn't even get us that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:43 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm happy about what he gave us that 2019 run, but it's obvious at this point that that it was just a lucky streak that so luckily coincided with our biggest games.
I too am in favor of letting him go.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:00 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't really care how desperate we are at a certain position. No more trading 1st rounders for players who need big contracts.

A team needs great players on cheap contracts. When you trade those picks away and hand out big money deals to those players, it kicks you in the nuts multiple times. That can be ok if the player is a Pro Bowl-level guy (at MINIMUM) at his position, but even then, you can't do that shit all the time. You'll run out of cap dollars pretty quickly.

Yes, I know Veach is probably done doing those kinds of deals for awhile, but damn, this one is kind of painful. If we had drafted a good player with that 1st rounder in 2019, we'd have cap space AND that guy kicking ass for us. If we drafted a bust with that pick, we'd at least still have the cap space.

And at least OBJ is going to give us a year of cheap play. Clark didn't even get us that.
So CEH isn't all bad?

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:59 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Aside from maybe this yeara draft Veachs have looked pretty sorry. Snead and a bunch of rotational players on defense
[Reply]
Chargem 02:35 AM 09-26-2021
Is it even worth cutting Frank? I am seeing about 13m dead cap to free up 13m of space.. I guess with a small hit in year 1, you could have another shot at a DE with that 13m.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09-26-2021, 06:35 AM
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
CoMoChief 06:35 AM 09-26-2021
Chiefs were dumb not investing in DE this yr.

Dunno why they thought Clark would show up this yr. He got paid and now he's done being a high level player. Let's just call it as it is. Just accept it no need to argue anymore about it...it sucks, he did great during SB win run in 2020.
That was 2 seasons ago...

He does great things that don't show up on paper...BS, he got paid big$$$ to sack the QB. Sacks gets you paid, little things don't. Has more gun charges and hammy issues than sacks.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:18 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Chiefs were dumb not investing in DE this yr.
The Chiefs spend more on their DL than any other team in the NFL.

They brought in Reed who has been a solid pass rusher at DT which they figured would allow Jones to kick out to DE.

They drafted a DE in the 4th round.

What are you talking about?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:44 AM 09-26-2021
Clark is a mystery.

He generally plays nearly every snap. He appears to be playing hard. It's not like when Houston would take plays off, he goes hard, he just no longer seems effective.

I think it's something with his stomach issues. Like it's Crohn's or something and it's sapping his strength.

It sucks, and it is what it is, but I don't see a loafing player.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:57 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

They brought in Reed who has been a solid pass rusher at DT which they figured would allow Jones to kick out to DE.

And even with all the investments at the position the play at DE has been brutal. Missing on the Kpass and Speaks picks hurts
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:59 AM 09-26-2021

pic.twitter.com/v3OmDGtKYn https://t.co/obfa6cLCp8

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) September 26, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 09:07 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Everyone knew we needed a DE and their solution for that was to move a player from an an already elite position, have him lose weight and hope he transitions well, and also pray a underwhelming draft pick would help. The fact that we thought there was a chance Clark would be gone some games this year due to suspension should have made us even more aggressive in addressing the DE hole. But we chose to basically do nothing and here we are.

And signing Reed and drafting a player in the 4th round isn't really investing in the DL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 AM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Everyone knew we needed a DE and their solution for that was to move a player from an an already elite position, have him lose weight and hope he transitions well, and also pray a underwhelming draft pick would help. The fact that we thought there was a chance Clark would be gone some games this year due to suspension should have made us even more aggressive in addressing the DE hole. But we chose to basically do nothing and here we are.

And signing Reed and drafting a player in the 4th round isn't really investing in the DL.
What really gets me is that Tim Ward had a great camp and looked ready to play and they cut him and kept broke dick Okafor.

That I do not understand.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 435
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359409 > Last »
Up