ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 435
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:10 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Jones is much better against the run than people give him credit for. What are you specifically looking at in regards to run defense? Specific stats, what you're seeing in games, or just something you have heard here several times, so you take it as fact?
https://youtu.be/UD285mAvggY

This video does a good job breaking down the Chiefs run D. He talks about Jones around 9:30 mark. It's not complimentary
[Reply]
Chargem 03:00 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why don't people understand that the Raiders OL is one of the best, if not the best OL in football right now.

Last year, in Kalil Mack's first game against the Raiders after becoming a Bear, he recorded exactly ZERO sacks. Nada, nothing, a big goose egg, zilch. One of the best pass rushers in recent memory couldn't do anything about that OL.

Btw, in case anyone's interested, neither did Aaron Donald when he faced them in 2018. A big nothing burger for the best DL in football today.

Our Dl getting stoned by the Raiders OL isn't embarrassing; it's the status quo for the entire league since 2018 when they built that line.
Who said anything about the Raiders O line not being good? I completely agree with you its a very good line. Or are you arguing that guys getting paid $20m a year are only expected to get pressure against bad O lines?

You jump up and down in here about people not watching the games over and over and studying a players every snap, then you use a box score stat like sacks to try and prove your point? Heh.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:23 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Who said anything about the Raiders O line not being good? I completely agree with you its a very good line. Or are you arguing that guys getting paid $20m a year are only expected to get pressure against bad O lines?

You jump up and down in here about people not watching the games over and over and studying a players every snap, then you use a box score stat like sacks to try and prove your point? Heh.
Lol Derek Carr was sacked 51 times in 2018, 28 times last year, and 13 so far this year. That's not that good and 51 sacks allowed is horrible.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:24 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:

This video does a good job breaking down the Chiefs run D. He talks about Jones around 9:30 mark. It's not complimentary
That's what I'm talking about. Will watch after I wake back up. Thanks!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:25 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hahaha, right about as i figured.

One of these days you guys will actually read the gamefilms sober instead of spouting off after pounding down a 12-pack while watching the game just the one time.
You're not even saying anything.

"hAhAh wAtCh tHe TaPe"

Clark is not playing up to snuff. Literally anyone who watches this shit can agree to that. We've got two $100m men on the D line and I'm more impressed with the other one, because he's a fucking animal, a couple rookies and a reclamation project.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:31 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol Derek Carr was sacked 51 times in 2018, 28 times last year, and 13 so far this year. That's not that good and 51 sacks allowed is horrible.
And the Chiefs defense is really terrible because they were in 2018 as well.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:02 AM 11-03-2020

Tyrann Mathieu knew the jet sweep touch pass was coming on this play, that much was clear. However, you may have missed Frank Clark ID'ing the concept pre-snap and signaling out to Mathieu that it was coming.

Film study out of the Chiefs defensive leaders paying off bigtime. pic.twitter.com/DhPhkFHZj3

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) November 3, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're not even saying anything.

"hAhAh wAtCh tHe TaPe"

Clark is not playing up to snuff. Literally anyone who watches this shit can agree to that. We've got two $100m men on the D line and I'm more impressed with the other one, because he's a fucking animal, a couple rookies and a reclamation project.
You're more impressed with Taco Charlton than Frank Clark?

Seriously?

I get being down on Clark, considering how much he's been paid.

I get being excited about Wharton given where he came from and how he's been playing.

The rest of it, I don't understand. The rest of the line outside of Jones is a walking mash unit of meh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:14 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're more impressed with Taco Charlton than Frank Clark?

Seriously?

I get being down on Clark, considering how much he's been paid.

I get being excited about Wharton given where he came from and how he's been playing.

The rest of it, I don't understand. The rest of the line outside of Jones is a walking mash unit of meh.
I'm impressed with those guys given their draft stock, inexperience, etc. I don't actually think Taco is a better football player than Frank lol

The bold is basically what I've been saying. Jones is incredible and there are multiple plays throughout nearly every game where I think "That guy is a monster", whereas Clark just kinda blends in with role players like Danna and Taco. That's not where you wanna be with a cap hit as high as his.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:24 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I love watching things like this, so cool to see things like this that never get any attention during the games
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm impressed with those guys given their draft stock, inexperience, etc. I don't actually think Taco is a better football player than Frank lol

The bold is basically what I've been saying. Jones is incredible and there are multiple plays throughout nearly every game where I think "That guy is a monster", whereas Clark just kinda blends in with role players like Danna and Taco. That's not where you wanna be with a cap hit as high as his.
Given the last few years with Houston and Ford, having Clark on the field every game seems pretty damn good to me.

The plays will come.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:19 AM 11-03-2020
Given the last few years with Houston and Ford, having Clark on the field every game seems pretty damn good to me.

The plays will come.
I'd be fine with the explanation that the plays will come and sacks are hard. Maybe I'm off on this, but it really seems like not only is Clark not getting sacks, he's not even getting close. He generally is getting shut down and getting nowhere close to the QB. He usually gets pushed well past the QB and out of the play, and if he does happen to pressure the QB it's usually because there's good coverage and he has time to finally get there, not because he beat the OT quickly with a good move. I don't doubt Clark's effort, but I do doubt his raw talent as a pass rusher.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'd be fine with the explanation that the plays will come and sacks are hard. Maybe I'm off on this, but it really seems like not only is Clark not getting sacks, he's not even getting close. He generally is getting shut down and getting nowhere close to the QB. He usually gets pushed well past the QB and out of the play, and if he does happen to pressure the QB it's usually because there's good coverage and he has time to finally get there, not because he beat the OT quickly with a good move. I don't doubt Clark's effort, but I do doubt his raw talent as a pass rusher.
He, and the entire line, were near the top of the league in pass pressure rate after week 4. It's dropped off significantly in the last couple of weeks.

I'd have to do more research as to why that is but it's not just Frank Clark at this point.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:49 AM 11-03-2020
He, and the entire line, were near the top of the league in pass pressure rate after week 4. It's dropped off significantly in the last couple of weeks.

I'd have to do more research as to why that is but it's not just Frank Clark at this point.
My guess is that the various injuries along the DL haven't helped matters.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:51 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:

Isn't this video from last season? Anyone got anything newer, like from this season?
[Reply]
Page 219 of 435
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269319 > Last »
Up