ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:05 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
First trailer is slated to be out in the next month, attached to the 10th anniversary rerelease of Inception.
Frazod rejoices!!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:39 AM 08-21-2020
Trailer is done apparently, just waiting for it to drop any day now.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:28 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Trailer is done apparently, just waiting for it to drop any day now.
Good to know ! Can't wait to see some scenes. I bet it'll be visually stunning.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:23 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by All over the internet:
A new Dune teaser attached to screenings of Tenet has confirmed that the first full trailer for the film will be released on 9 September.

[Reply]
cripple creek 04:27 PM 09-01-2020
my earliest exposure to dune was the early 90s rts game
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12:49 PM 09-06-2020
Dune teaser got leaked.

https://streamable.com/ayfdvb

Full trailer drops on the 9th I think.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 09-06-2020
NICE!

Looks like a non-shitty 1984 Dune.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01:04 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
NICE!

Looks like a non-shitty 1984 Dune.
Yeah, it looks great. Really glad they aren’t going for a campy look.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:23 PM 09-06-2020
Momoa looks like a badass as Duncan Idaho, as does Oscar Isaacs.

Love me some Denis Villeneuve. So looking forward to this.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:44 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Dune teaser got leaked.

https://streamable.com/ayfdvb

Full trailer drops on the 9th I think.

I look so awesome.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:44 PM 09-06-2020
It certainly looks right. I'm still not happy about the Liet Kynes thing, but overall I'm.... cautiously optimistic.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:09 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It certainly looks right. I'm still not happy about the Liet Kynes thing, but overall I'm.... cautiously optimistic.
The teaser looks good and I am looking forward to a full trailer in a few days.

I really like Blade Runner 2049.

I would put myself in the cautiously optimistic category as well....I keep saying to myself...if great LOTR films can be made, surely a great Dune movie can be made.

I fear that this is the last shot though...if this sucks, no one will touch Dune with a 10 foot pole for a long, long time.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:44 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The teaser looks good and I am looking forward to a full trailer in a few days.

I really like Blade Runner 2049.

I would put myself in the cautiously optimistic category as well....I keep saying to myself...if great LOTR films can be made, surely a great Dune movie can be made.

I fear that this is the last shot though...if this sucks, no one will touch Dune with a 10 foot pole for a long, long time.
I loved Blade Runner 2049. Hence the reason I'm cautiously optimistic.

At this point I'm like a whipped dog when it comes to Dune. Hopefully the new guy ends up being Jack Thornton.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:55 PM 09-06-2020
That couldn't look much better.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:56 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I don't remember if I posted it here or not, but a while back when they showed studio execs portions of the movie, their reaction was that this movie would be revolutionary (for the genre...) in the same way that Jackson's work on LOTR was. According to "sources"...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up