ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 71
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:20 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How badass is this Eldritch Strange, though?
Badass enough to be nearly on par with Infinity Vision in an Ultron suit and the Watcher himself. Strange absorbed basically every entity in his universe causing it to collapse in on top of him, and he STILL couldn't be killed. Plus, he's holding to powerful characters in a stasis pocket dimension. I'd say that's about as badass as you need.

I enjoyed What If. I didn't see them bringing it all together like they did, and except for making Thor a whiny party-bro, I liked it and got into it. But now, give me my cosmic entities.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:24 AM 10-10-2021
Yeah, What If definitely picked up. Super glad they ended up turning what appeared to be a bunch of disparate stories into an overall plot. And I loved how dark it got in some episodes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:29 AM 10-10-2021
I loved when Strange swallowed the power of all six Infinity Stones at once and Ultron's just like "Wait.... what!?!" :-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:39 PM 10-10-2021
I actually enjoyed party bro Thor, because Hemsworth can literally sell anything.

His "viva las vegas" war cry was one for the ages.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:24 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I actually enjoyed party bro Thor, because Hemsworth can literally sell anything.

His "viva las vegas" war cry was one for the ages.
Yeah, I laughed, especially with the incredulous "WHAT??" at the end. Vision's "Cant say I've heard that battle cry before" quip brought a chuckle, too.

It's a shame Paul Bettany didn't voice Infinity Vision.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:42 PM 10-11-2021

BREAKING: Actor #WillPoulter has been cast as #AdamWarlock in #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyVol3! Details: https://t.co/PZyoRDLt9S pic.twitter.com/xMkQn2MIH1

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) October 11, 2021

[Reply]
Fish 10:03 PM 10-11-2021
Excited they're finally doing Adam Warlock. But that's a strange casting...
[Reply]
sully1983 10:37 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Eh he is definitely great at playing Thor (he was born to play that role) but mostly all of his other films are huge box office flops (Men in Black reboot, Ghostbusters reboot, In the Heart of the Sea and the biggest flop being Michael Mann's Blackhat which was universally panned and was a huge box office flop. It didn't even make $20 million worldwide at the box office on a $70+ million dollar budget). That is pathetic)
No one seems to give a shit about Hemsworth when he isn't playing Thor.
[Reply]
Fish 10-11-2021, 11:18 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
Bowser 05:54 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Excited they're finally doing Adam Warlock. But that's a strange casting...
I would have put money down on it being one of these two

But instead, this?

Originally Posted by sully1983:
Eh he is definitely great at playing Thor (he was born to play that role) but mostly all of his other films are huge box office flops (Men in Black reboot, Ghostbusters reboot, In the Heart of the Sea and the biggest flop being Michael Mann's Blackhat which was universally panned and was a huge box office flop. It didn't even make $20 million worldwide at the box office on a $70+ million dollar budget). That is pathetic)
He did a Netflix action film last year where he played a burned out merc hired to save a kid in Thailand, I think. Some pretty phenomenal action sequences in it, worth a look.

*edit - Extraction
[Reply]
unlurking 07:28 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I haven't seen any of those, but Rush was fantastic. Bruhl's performance was amazing, but Hemsworth was really good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:54 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I would have put money down on it being one of these two

But instead, this?

He did a Netflix action film last year where he played a burned out merc hired to save a kid in Thailand, I think. Some pretty phenomenal action sequences in it, worth a look.

*edit - Extraction

[Reply]
Direckshun 03:35 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nikolaj, when he was Peak Jaime Lannister, would have made for an outstanding Sentry.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 10-14-2021
Yeah, good call. Can totally see it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:46 PM 10-14-2021
Lot of disrespect for Poulter around the internet.

Dude is going to slay it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:58 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Lot of disrespect for Poulter around the internet.

Dude is going to slay it.
Mainly because he's a goofy looking bastrad
[Reply]
Page 38 of 71
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up