ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:07 PM 05-11-2020
2 words:

Chris Porter

Grew up in KC, funniest motherfucker in standup right now.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Started watching and finished season 1 yesterday. Really enjoyed the show. Looking forward to season 2.
The last episode kind of pissed me off because they left us hanging - and probably nothing is going into production anytime soon due to the virus. The length between seasons of our favorite things is going to excruciating long wait.
[Reply]
Otter 11:54 AM 05-12-2020
Binge watched the first season of "Sneaky Pete" over the weekend. That show is juvenile and shallow. It's a constant bombardment of "uh oh, Pete's in trouble" then some miracle occurs where he get's out of the situation.

They should just go in full cheese mode instead of half assing it and have Pete look into the camera and have him wink and point to some jingle after each narrow escape.

5 / 10 - bearable
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:56 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The last episode kind of pissed me off because they left us hanging - and probably nothing is going into production anytime soon due to the virus. The length between seasons of our favorite things is going to excruciating long wait.
Yea, it ticked me off too. Rough way to end the season and like you said, God only knows when season 2 will be.
[Reply]
Otter 01:27 AM 05-13-2020

#BlackMirror Creator Says the World Is Too Bleak Right Now for Season 6 https://t.co/ix0l7uFUkX pic.twitter.com/qAswxYknU5

— IndieWire (@IndieWire) May 6, 2020

[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:44 PM 05-13-2020
Betty : They Say I'm Different
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Glad you got caught up. Told you it was worth it :-).
I picked up pizza at our favorite joint tonight, which is less than a block and a half from the Hollywood Police station on Wilcox, which is where Bosch works on the show.

There were a couple of policeman outside waiting for their food so I said hello and picked up. After I put the pizzas in my car, I walked back over the policeman that were waiting. I’d been wondering for some time about the interior of the station on Bosch and how similar or dissimilar it is to the actual station.

Hey guys, silly question but I am a huge fan of the TV show Bosch and I’ve always wondered if it really looks like it’s depicted on the show or if it’s just a TV show station?

Oh, it is dead-on accurate to the inch and to the number of thumbtacks on wall. The Bosch crew spent a week measuring and taking pictures to perfectly replicate it.

So I guess they never actually film inside, just exterior shots?

They come in from time to time to film on the spot and it generally happens a few times per season.

——————

Mystery solved! :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:42 AM 09-27-2020
Been watching Utopia the last few days. Really good show, good action/comedy type movie. Reminded me of Happy!
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:58 PM 10-01-2020
Utopia is kind of like a train wreck. I just can't turn my eyes away. But I've enjoyed it enough that I'm about to start streaming the finale.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:40 PM 03-03-2021
Bosch Season 6 7 coming soon.

FYP - new season on the way, and additional seasons [with commercials] slated for imdb tv.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/bosch-s...tz-1234705787/
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:07 AM 03-04-2021
Final season :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:24 AM 03-04-2021
Final season :-)
Look closer. . .
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:49 AM 03-04-2021
Ran - Shakespeare meets warring-states period Japan
Yojimbo - A Fistful of Dollars meets 1860s Japan
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:02 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
FYP - new season on the way, and additional seasons [with commercials] slated for imdb tv.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/bosch-s...tz-1234705787/
I get it.

It’s just I love the show in its current iteration. I know they’ve pushed his family story about as far as it can go, and a lot of the characters done have a ton of places to go. But man Edgar is really good Billets is really good the wire guy is the wire guy.

It doesn’t have to change tone much at all before it’s not the same.

But if Welliver kills it I’ll be thrilled. Just seems like there are plenty of opportunities to fail.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 03-04-2021
The only logical reason for moving Bosch from Amazon Prime to IMDB.TV with commercials is to drive new fans to Prime in order to create an additional revenue stream.

I love the series but I'm not a fan of this move because I pay extra for Ad-Free Hulu and subscribe to Amazon Prime to avoid commercials.

The last thing I want to do is spend an extra 22 minutes per hour wasting my time watching commercials.

Blech.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up