ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1002 of 1207
« First < 2502902952992998999100010011002 1003100410051006101210521102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:54 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
All about leftovers today. Sunnyside funeral potatoes with bacon and hot sauce

:-):-):-):-)

Let's get you a yellow border...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:55 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Venison backstrap and smoked hot links.

Hell yes!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:57 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Wife asked for smoked meatloaf and Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meatloaf is never a bad choice. Highly underrated! If you're lifting, you can make it rather healthy, make quite a bit of it, and have it at the ready.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:01 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Doing my first ever crab and shrimp boil Friday... king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, lemon, red taters, corn, onion and sausage using Zatarains crab boil mix

Is it as good as it looks, does the boil mix really impart a ton of flavor?
Finally got around to this last night, if you haven’t made one yet do yourself a favor and do it ASAP

Found Zatarains own brand of Cajun pork sausage and used that instead of kielbasa... excellent

The boil bag packed waaaaaay more flavor than I thought it would, it all just came out perfectly then everything got a solid dusting of Old Bay... gonna finish it off for dinner tonight

Highly recommended
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Meatloaf is never a bad choice. Highly underrated! If you're lifting, you can make it rather healthy, make quite a bit of it, and have it at the ready.
Never been a meatloaf guy. My mom's a shitty cook and that's part of it - I just understood it to be gloppy beef covered in ketchup.

I've made it a time or two just to get rid of some ground beef and clear freezer space for a new cow. I've come up with a bacon cheeseburger 'pinwheel' version w/ some good spicy barbecue sauce on top that is pretty strong. But conventional meatloaf (with the onions and breadcrumbs and stuff) just isn't something I'm ever in the mood for.
[Reply]
threebag 03:24 PM 05-12-2020
You more a beef stokin’ off guy?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
You more a beef stokin’ off guy?

Beef, heat, burger press.

I got a new phone a few days ago so I don't have the photo, but immediately prior to that I'd made good ol' smash burgers and I'm convinced that god put cattle on this earth for that particular purpose.

If I ever remember to get the photos off the old phone I'll put one on here - LC's in the northland ain't got shit on me.

The funny thing is that this cow is just way too lean; we had him butchered too young. So the patty's are easy 90% lean and make TERRIBLE hamburgers because of it. Hell, it's so lean I have to put water in taco meat to keep THAT from drying out. On its own it's pretty much only good for spaghetti sauce.

I mowed through 10 lbs or more trying to figure out how to salvage the stuff. Finally got to 2 yokes/lb and a squirt of vegetable oil into the mix before forming the balls to smash.

You just absolutely need the fat in hamburger. Lean ground beef just scorches before it fries up and you end up with a bland sort of charred nothingness.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:32 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Never been a meatloaf guy. My mom's a shitty cook and that's part of it - I just understood it to be gloppy beef covered in ketchup.

I've made it a time or two just to get rid of some ground beef and clear freezer space for a new cow. I've come up with a bacon cheeseburger 'pinwheel' version w/ some good spicy barbecue sauce on top that is pretty strong. But conventional meatloaf (with the onions and breadcrumbs and stuff) just isn't something I'm ever in the mood for.
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe.

I didn't buy whatever liquid he uses, just spashed in a little soy sauce and a little worchestshire sauce. I did use all his veggies (including green onions) and the breadcrumbs and all that, and it was really good. I'd recommend following it pretty closely before going and doing other things. Wife keeps buying the shit so we can do it again.

Seriously though, do yourself a favor and make this recipe one time and see if it treats you better.

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:35 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Venison backstrap and smoked hot links.
You are a culinary artist
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe.

I didn't buy whatever liquid he uses, just spashed in a little soy sauce and a little worchestshire sauce. I did use all his veggies (including green onions) and the breadcrumbs and all that, and it was really good. I'd recommend following it pretty closely before going and doing other things. Wife keeps buying the shit so we can do it again.

Seriously though, do yourself a favor and make this recipe one time and see if it treats you better.

Yeah, I need to get back on the horse with it. I have some good cookbooks these days and largely ignore them for shit I already know how to make. I need to get my Food Lab book out and see if Kenji's taken a run at it

https://www.amazon.com/Food-Lab-Cook.../dp/0393081087

But with all the Good Eats shit and my dozen or so barbecue cookbooks, not to mention all the southern cookbooks my wife asks for and doesn't open (we just went through some Joanna Gaines cookbook and found all kinds of stuff in there that looks good), I'm sure there's a way to make a viable meatloaf.

I mix some breadcrumbs and a couple egg yolks into the meat, roll it flat, fry up some bacon, lay that over the flattened slab o' meat and then shred a layer of extra sharp chedder and pepper jack over top of that. Then roll it up and pinch the edges closed. I put it on a cookie sheet instead of a breadpan because I want the outsides a seared and then cook it until brown, then I turn on the broiler, blast it until it starts to char a bit, put some Head Country spicy barbecue sauce on top of it and toss it back under the broiler until the sauce starts to carmelize.

Slice, serve on egg buns. Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf sandwich. It works.
[Reply]
threebag 03:46 PM 05-12-2020
I love meatloaf
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:51 PM 05-12-2020
I love meatloaf
I never did before I met my wife.

She never made it before we met.

She winged it for the first thing she made for me and it was fucking awesome. She still makes it the same way and it's still awesome.
[Reply]
threebag 03:56 PM 05-12-2020
My grandma made sure meatloaf had a special place. Hers was amazing, the day after meatloaf sandwiches even better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Beef, heat, burger press.

The funny thing is that this cow is just way too lean; we had him butchered too young. So the patty's are easy 90% lean and make TERRIBLE hamburgers because of it. Hell, it's so lean I have to put water in taco meat to keep THAT from drying out. On its own it's pretty much only good for spaghetti sauce.

I mowed through 10 lbs or more trying to figure out how to salvage the stuff. Finally got to 2 yokes/lb and a squirt of vegetable oil into the mix before forming the balls to smash.

You just absolutely need the fat in hamburger. Lean ground beef just scorches before it fries up and you end up with a bland sort of charred nothingness.
Learned this as a kid trying to make, of all things, venison burgers for the first time. Venison has very little fat in it, and so pure venison burgers are dry and crumbly. It's the fat that makes a burger.Without it, you might as well be eating tofu patties.

My brother is a big health nut, and years ago tried to do 90% lean ground beef burgers and discovered exactly what you did. I told him to either go back to at least 85% lean or mix some egg and olive oil into his beef.

Personally, I just limit my burger-eating to about once a month for my health limitations, and grind up some wagyu beef ribeyes so I can really enjoy the experience. Probably about 70% lean, because you only live once.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:58 PM 05-12-2020
My grandma made sure meatloaf had a special place. Hers was amazing, the day after meatloaf sandwiches even better.
With mustard, gotsta have the mustard
[Reply]
Page 1002 of 1207
« First < 2502902952992998999100010011002 1003100410051006101210521102 > Last »
Up