ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:48 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I really enjoyed it as a kid in the 70's. Tom Baker is 'my' Doctor. But the newer series caught my attention and I have enjoyed it. The show has been going downhill since Capaldi's second season. I thought he did a great job but the material was pretty bad. And now Jodie Whittaker is kind of stuck on a bad show. They got some backlash and came out saying that they were going to 'double down' on the bullshit. The people who run the show are just using it as a virtue signal platform and it sucks. They're running it into the ground.
Yeah, the second season with Clara got pretty bad. She was always one upping the Doctor, threatening to slap him silly, etc. Remaking the Master as a woman was an interesting twist and the actress playing the character did a pretty good job.

I've forgotten the name of the companion that was making sure everyone knew that she was gay at every opportunity. That was the beginning of the final straw that sent the show off the rails.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:40 PM 05-05-2020
It was pretty bad when they had Dr Who say that Rosa Parks changed the universe but I kept watching. Finally did give up as the show itself never got any better. Weak characters, poor writing, their accents are pretty horrible, and the Dr herself is pretty lame. Not the actress. She's fine, but she has nothing to work with.
If they had given her the kind of writing Matt Smith had she would have had a chance. If they needed to work in some kind of woke message they could have paired her off with Amy Pond as lesbian lovers outside of time and space.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:24 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
If they needed to work in some kind of woke message they could have paired her off with Amy Pond as lesbian lovers outside of time and space.
Mmmmmm...
[Reply]
vailpass 06:43 PM 05-05-2020
Mmmmmm...
Yeah, that’d be enough to make my angel weep.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:08 PM 05-11-2020
It just occurred to me recently that Jodie Whittaker may be, consciously or subconsciously, doing a Dave Tennant impersonation. Or at least she's trying to infect that manic sensibility into the character that he brought. They did work together and appear to be good friends. Problem is that his Doctor was more of a focal point in the show than hers and the quality of the show at that time was much higher. Too bad.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:26 AM 09-24-2021
Russel T Davies is back.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:21 AM 09-24-2021
Hell yes! I've been watching for a long time but the last few years about killed it for me.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:24 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Russel T Davies is back.
Will it still be a steaming lump of mindless woketopia dogshit or do they plan to actually make some Dr. Who episodes?
[Reply]
vailpass 10:07 AM 09-25-2021
Will it still be a steaming lump of mindless woketopia dogshit or do they plan to actually make some Dr. Who episodes?
This is the question.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:55 AM 05-08-2022

“I may only have one heart but I am giving it all to this show” Ncuti Gatwa is the Doctor ❤️❤️➕��

Read more here ➡️ https://t.co/f4K4Yfr6ul pic.twitter.com/qRUiUv10gl

— Doctor Who (@bbcdoctorwho) May 8, 2022

The new Doctor it might be time to stop watching
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:29 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

The new Doctor it might be time to stop watching

It's been past that time for years, already.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 06:16 PM 05-08-2022
Bowed out with Capaldi and barely made it through him. Tennet and Smith are hard to beat and then I was just bored with it, I’ll give him a few episodes for old times sake.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:29 PM 05-08-2022
Gatwa is a better actor than Whittaker, but so was Capaldi. If the writing is still shit then the show will still be shit.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Up