Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Super Mario Movie in 2022
MMXcalibur 10:17 PM 09-23-2021
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/09...-cast-revealed

Originally Posted by :
Chris Pratt Voices Mario In Illumination's Movie, Full Cast Revealed
by JOHN CARSON on Sep 23, 2021 at 06:05 PM

Shigeru Miyamoto crashed today’s Nintendo Direct to make some big announcements regarding the Mario animated movie from Illumination Entertainment. Not only did Miyamoto drop the planned release timeframe of the film, but an exact date for North America. He also revealed the star-studded cast of the movie.

Holiday 2022 is when the feature-length Mario movie will hit theaters worldwide. It premieres in North America on December 21, 2022, with dates for other territories to be announced later.

Along with the premiere timing, Miyamoto revealed a large chunk of the cast, which was:

Chris Pratt as Mario
Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
Charlie Day as Luigi
Jack Black as Bowser
Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong
Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike

Those worrying whether the traditional voice of Mario has been left out, fear not! Charles Martinet, who has been the voice of Mario and other Mushroom Kingdom residents for years, will appear in “surprise cameos” throughout the movie.

If you're not excited for Charlie Day as Luigi, then I don't want to be your friend.
[Reply]
luv 12:02 PM 04-14-2023
Hubby fell asleep. 7 year old son loved it. There were quite a few Easter eggs in the beginning. I never noticed that Princess Peach's banks are heart shaped. The soft side of Bowser threw me off. Overall, I liked it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:32 PM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I know people tend to hate Despicable Me and Minions after the first movie, but aren’t they still very popular every time they come out? It’s not too surprising to me Illumination was able to make an entertaining movie in this genre. Hopefully they can keep the quality going.
The first one was pretty good; didn't take itself seriously at all. Like a lot of fresh things, they can tend to go stale without new ideas. For example:

Star Wars
Star Trek
Marvel
DC
Lego

Eventually the eye candy isn't enough and an actual story is necessary.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:08 PM 04-15-2023
NSFW

[Reply]
BWillie 09:00 AM 04-20-2023
Super Mario is racist depiction of Italians.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:43 PM 04-20-2023
This one missed for me. I took my girls to see it, they had a great time, but I just never got into this movie. I was bored quickly and nothing seemed to really pick it up. I got up to take a piss, one dude about halfway down the theater was snoring his ass off, and coming back out of the restroom I just really didn't want to go back in. I checked my phone for how much was left, it was a lot, so I played a few rounds of Walking Dead in the arcade before trudging back in to sit through the rest. My wife had thought I'd just gone back to the car lol.

It just didn't work for me. Separating the boys to start with seemed like a really strange decision, and so that was disappointing right off the bat.

Then why have ACDC and Beastie Boys and all this shit instead of you know, the bevy of classic iconic music tracks tied to these games and characters?

Bowser singing was a face palm for me, and I abhor Seth Rogen and hearing his stupid fucking jackass laugh come put of Donkey Kong (my MAIN go to character for ANY Mario Party domination) just turned me right off.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up