ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Cry Macho! A story of being lost and then found.
Halfcan 09:06 PM 09-02-2021
Clint Eastwood is back.

https://www.hbomax.com/cry-macho?gcl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:36 AM 09-19-2021
Jake was a tough call, but I’d be inclined to let him live

Davey should’ve been off the hook when he gave Delilah his finest horse, without being ordered to by Little Bill
[Reply]
srvy 10:53 AM 09-19-2021
When you're talking about all of Clint's other movies It speaks volumes about Cry Macho.

I think everyone was expecting a Gran Torino ending. Instead, we got a tired old cowboy just wanting to fade into the sunset.

I didn't hate it as I realize Clint at 91 wouldn't be believable in tough guy part, but a beat down old cowboy just wanting to do some good in his ending days he can do. Three out of five stars and I will fondly remember his prime.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:14 PM 09-19-2021
Have to agree with Camaro... worst movie he has made. I fucking love Clint and hate it because I suspect this will be his last movie. I almost felt embarrassed watching some of those scenes. They were just bad.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 PM 09-19-2021
Remove the Eastwood nostalgia lens and Cry Macho is a belly laugher.

Doesn't alter his legend but as a stand alone movie, woof.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:23 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a good movie, but the idea behind it is completely flawed. After reading some actual history, for me the movie was never the same.

During the Missouri/Kansas border war, nobody on either side deliberately killed women and children. And they didn't rape women. Ever. It just didn't happen. Even Quantrill's raiders killed zero women and children when they sacked Lawrence. Even the women dying in the jail collapse that was the trigger event for Lawrence was an accident. Many of these guys would raid and pillage throughout the week and go to church on Sunday.

The redlegs would have stolen everything, burned down the buildings and killed Wales himself, but left the wife and son alive and unhurt in the wreckage.

Most, if not all, of the movies Eastwood did with his then girlfriend Sondra Locke had rape scenes in them. They must have had a kinky relationship.
Meh. I'll allow it. I love a good revenge story.
[Reply]
gunns 07:20 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Clint did a pleasant job with this little film. Even in his 90s he is still punching guys out and has women falling all over him.

I hope he has a few more gems left in him.
He announced, within the last year, that he's done. Age has finally caught up to him. Sad.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:27 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Remove the Eastwood nostalgia lens and Cry Macho is a belly laugher.

Doesn't alter his legend but as a stand alone movie, woof.

On a related note, Gran Torino is the worst movie I've ever paid to watch and I am constantly amazed at the number of people who like it. I can only chalk it up to the "Eastwood nostalgia lens" that you mention.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:40 PM 09-22-2021
Clint didnt want to act in some of those but couldnt find anyone else
on another note... Dwight yoakum sucks in this one
[Reply]
Lzen 08:00 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Oh yes I can… Unforgiven is his greatest work of art, and the greatest western ever made
I dunno, man. It's hard for me to choose between Unforgiven, Pale Rider, Gran Torino, Sudden Impact, Heartbreak Ridge, Firefox, Every Which Way But Loose, Hang Em High....heck, I am a sucker for just about any of his spaghetti westerns.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:04 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watched it. Not bad, but nothing great either. It’s very simple with very little plot.

I hate to say this, but probably time for Clint to stop acting. It felt like he stumbling over his lines at times. He can continue to direct of course.
I would agree. The dialogue early on was not so great from both Clint and the boy actor. I suppose it did get better as the movie went along. But yeah, I think Clint is getting too old for this. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:19 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
On a related note, Gran Torino is the worst movie I've ever paid to watch and I am constantly amazed at the number of people who like it. I can only chalk it up to the "Eastwood nostalgia lens" that you mention.
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:50 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I would agree. The dialogue early on was not so great from both Clint and the boy actor. I suppose it did get better as the movie went along. But yeah, I think Clint is getting too old for this. :-)
I felt like they aged down the character some too. Like maybe a 70
Year old character? That scene where the kids mom comes on to Clint was kinda sleazy. Clint has always done these sorts of scenes, but knowing he’s 91 and looks it now, that was just too much.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:51 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Seriously? It wasn't on par with his earlier stuff, but I enjoyed it. Of course, the best part is the GET OFF MY LAWN memes and GIFs it produced. :-)

As for the new movie, the trailer generated exactly zero interest for me. No desire to see it whatsoever. If it is indeed his swan song, oh well. God knows I've seen plenty of his films.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:17 AM 09-23-2021
Anybody here watch Rawhide? It's no Gunsmoke but there are some good episodes. I wasn't crazy about the lead actor but I (usually) enjoyed the Rowdy Yates (Clint Eastwood) episodes.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up