ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 314 of 341
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:10 PM 07-18-2022
Yeah I was doing some psa browsing after work. It’s not the deal I thought it was. He just over payed at a gun show during a political scare lol. I think I’m going to use the money for a decent hand gun. I’ve always wanted a 1911 just because.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:54 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Yeah I was doing some psa browsing after work. It’s not the deal I thought it was. He just over payed at a gun show during a political scare lol. I think I’m going to use the money for a decent hand gun. I’ve always wanted a 1911 just because.
That works. Just make sure you have a plan for ammo. Like taking a second on the house...
[Reply]
penguinz 09:41 AM 07-20-2022
What recommendations are there for a red or green dot for a pistol? I have a Sig M18.

I know if not the Sig Romeo or the Deltapoint I will mostly likely need a plate so if there are any recommendations for a plate as well it is appreciated.
[Reply]
Otter 11:02 AM 08-05-2022
:-)

LINK

Man sells dozens of 3D-printed guns at Houston's 1st gun buyback

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, said he wanted to "send [Houston leaders] a message" about the city using taxpayer money for programs aimed at curbing gun violence.
A man who wished to remain unidentified sold a heap of 3D-printed guns to the city during its first gun buyback event on Saturday.
@IamMaryBenton / Twitter
A Houston man on Saturday sold dozens of homemade 3-D printed guns to the city at its first-ever gun buyback event, Fox 26's Matthew Seedorff reported.

The man, who chose to remain anonymous, told Fox 26 that "the goal was not personal profit, but to send [Houston leaders] a message about spending $1 million tax dollars on something that has no evidence of any effect on crime."

The man traded in 62 3D-printed guns, often referred to as 'ghost guns,' and received $50 per gun. He claimed making the weapons only cost $3 each, he told Fox 26. The large trade-in of non-traditionally-crafted firearms has prompted city officials to change guidance for future buybacks.

"We’re going to exclude those next time around," Mayor Sylvester Turner said to Fox 26. "This is a program designed for people who want to voluntarily relinquish their guns."

"You’ll always have people who will try and take advantage of the programs," Turner added. "I was there when that person brought in those guns. The reason we went ahead and did that was we had not said we weren’t going to."
We have all seen the photo of ghost guns someone took to the gun buyback event to exchange for gift cards this past Saturday. Mayor @SylvesterTurner told https://t.co/b0gszPA8vI and ABC 13 today that those guns will not be accepted at the next event. pic.twitter.com/0VtirWXfNS
— Mary Benton (@IAmMaryBenton) August 1, 2022
Officials from the mayor's office said the city collected more than 840 guns and gave participants $50, $100, $150, and $200 Visa gift cards, depending on the gun type: $50 for broken guns, $100 for shotguns and rifles, $150 for handguns, and $200 for automatic weapons.

The buyback event is part of Mayor Turner's sweeping anti-crime initiative "One Safe Houston." The program has $53 million in federal dollars to carry out a number of different initiatives designed to reduce violent crime across the city; Mayor Turner said $1 million of those federal dollars are earmarked for gun buyback events like Saturday's, according to Fox 26.

Despite the anonymous man's apparent gaming of the initiative, Mayor Turner called Saturday's buyback a success. City officials have at least two more buyback planned in the near future, the Mayor told Fox 26.

[Reply]
ghak99 11:38 AM 08-05-2022
Anyone who sells an automatic weapon for $200 is a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:45 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
:-)

LINK

Man sells dozens of 3D-printed guns at Houston's 1st gun buyback

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, said he wanted to "send [Houston leaders] a message" about the city using taxpayer money for programs aimed at curbing gun violence.
A man who wished to remain unidentified sold a heap of 3D-printed guns to the city during its first gun buyback event on Saturday.
@IamMaryBenton / Twitter
A Houston man on Saturday sold dozens of homemade 3-D printed guns to the city at its first-ever gun buyback event, Fox 26's Matthew Seedorff reported.

The man, who chose to remain anonymous, told Fox 26 that "the goal was not personal profit, but to send [Houston leaders] a message about spending $1 million tax dollars on something that has no evidence of any effect on crime."

The man traded in 62 3D-printed guns, often referred to as 'ghost guns,' and received $50 per gun. He claimed making the weapons only cost $3 each, he told Fox 26. The large trade-in of non-traditionally-crafted firearms has prompted city officials to change guidance for future buybacks.

"We’re going to exclude those next time around," Mayor Sylvester Turner said to Fox 26. "This is a program designed for people who want to voluntarily relinquish their guns."

"You’ll always have people who will try and take advantage of the programs," Turner added. "I was there when that person brought in those guns. The reason we went ahead and did that was we had not said we weren’t going to."
We have all seen the photo of ghost guns someone took to the gun buyback event to exchange for gift cards this past Saturday. Mayor @SylvesterTurner told https://t.co/b0gszPA8vI and ABC 13 today that those guns will not be accepted at the next event. pic.twitter.com/0VtirWXfNS
— Mary Benton (@IAmMaryBenton) August 1, 2022
Officials from the mayor's office said the city collected more than 840 guns and gave participants $50, $100, $150, and $200 Visa gift cards, depending on the gun type: $50 for broken guns, $100 for shotguns and rifles, $150 for handguns, and $200 for automatic weapons.

The buyback event is part of Mayor Turner's sweeping anti-crime initiative "One Safe Houston." The program has $53 million in federal dollars to carry out a number of different initiatives designed to reduce violent crime across the city; Mayor Turner said $1 million of those federal dollars are earmarked for gun buyback events like Saturday's, according to Fox 26.

Despite the anonymous man's apparent gaming of the initiative, Mayor Turner called Saturday's buyback a success. City officials have at least two more buyback planned in the near future, the Mayor told Fox 26.

Did crime go down, or will they go all Pfizer and claim it'll take 25 years to see if the program worked and release the data?
[Reply]
poolboy 04:11 PM 08-05-2022
they look like they can be easily converted in to holsters
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:19 PM 08-14-2022
So I’m considering a 16 gauge shotgun for bird hunting this year, I really know nothing about that gauge other than what I’ve read today. It is supposedly a good all purpose upland hunting gauge. Anyone here have any experience/advice?
[Reply]
ghak99 04:27 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So I’m considering a 16 gauge shotgun for bird hunting this year, I really know nothing about that gauge other than what I’ve read today. It is supposedly a good all purpose upland hunting gauge. Anyone here have any experience/advice?
They fit the dual purpose niche, but I haven't used mine in years. Modern loads/chokes and my affinity for the Rem 1100 20ga just kind of leave it with no real reason to exist.
[Reply]
srvy 04:44 PM 08-14-2022
My uncle who passed away a couple of weeks back was a dedicated 16 ga enthusiast. I busted brush in slews and walked many fencelines with my dad and uncle. He had a Ted Williams pump in 16 ga.
[Reply]
srvy 04:54 PM 08-14-2022
Also it used to be hard to find shotshells in 16ga but that was before the internet and online shopping. You couldn't count on Kmart or wally world to have it on shelves. Back in those days if you wanted to to stock up you drove to Blairstown Mo and picked it up by case or C&R gunshop downtown KC.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:55 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
They fit the dual purpose niche, but I haven't used mine in years. Modern loads/chokes and my affinity for the Rem 1100 20ga just kind of leave it with no real reason to exist.
Originally Posted by srvy:
My uncle who passed away a couple of weeks back was a dedicated 16 ga enthusiast. I busted brush in slews and walked many fencelines with my dad and uncle. He had a Ted Williams pump in 16 ga.
Originally Posted by srvy:
Also it used to be hard to find shotshells in 16ga but that was before the internet and online shopping. You couldn't count on Kmart or wally world to have it on shelves. Back in those days if you wanted to to stock up you drove to Blairstown Mo and picked it up by case or C&R gunshop downtown KC.
There are really only two reasons I’m even contemplating it, 1) after the past couple of crazy years the availability changed and the 16 and 28 were about the shells you could find on the shelves and, 2) I’ve been wanting an over under and am ready to pull the trigger on it. I can’t afford the insanely priced ones out there and the middle of the road options (CZ is what I’m looking at) are not available in 12 gauge (probably also because of the past couple of years) at Cabela’s where I have some points I can use.

Combine those two factors and I’m considering a change from the 12 gauge that I’m accustomed to and already have plenty of shells for.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:10 PM 08-14-2022
thinking about a crossbow, budget in 1500-1800 range

Anyone have any experience with these things.
[Reply]
Reroka 05:52 AM 08-15-2022
At the age of 14 or 15 my grandpa past away from lung cancer. When he passed he gave me the only grandson a model 1894 winchester made in the late 1890s early 1900s. great rifle, hurts like fell to fire I also have a model 1866 made in the late 1860s. Worth a hell of a lot more.
[Reply]
Reroka 06:06 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Anyone who sells an automatic weapon for $200 is a ****ing idiot.
This,

but then again they are illegal in most of the lower 48.
[Reply]
Page 314 of 341
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324 > Last »
Up