ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Media Center>Serial Podcast
Pushead2 01:13 PM 11-03-2014
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:21 PM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Yeah there are so many things that are just beyond the limits of "you have to be kidding me right?".

Do any of y'all follow Colin on twitter? (https://twitter.com/EvidenceProf , make sure to click the "tweets & replies") He answers a lot of questions a day to people that have questions. I stumbled through his page the other night and it appears that his new lawyer has convinced Adnan to not do the DNA testing at the moment.

The only thing I can think of why he would want that is maybe they have the state's timeline on the ropes. Could you imagine if Adnan's DNA popped up from the PERK kit?
Could be a damaging blow that he can't wiggle out from.
You attack on appeal and avoid additional evidence if possible to begin with. They have reasonable grounds to appeal already.

Typically you would face issue preclusion. Essentially, if you don't raise the problem at trial or first appeal it almost always is considered a settled matter.

However, this is evidence that was collected that the state chose not to process. Since it wasn't processed and never offered as part of the state's case, it's not precluded.

Additional information or evidence that comes to light could trigger an appeal request to test it.

As for right now, you want to get an appeal review hopefully without raising the dna if possible.

It would then be like having a pocket ace to play in being granted another appeal. Remember, another opportunity to appeal means another judge ruling on the case that could rule in your favor.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:00 AM 07-27-2015
http://thegenerationwhypodcast.com/t...f-hae-min-lee/
I haven't listened to this one yet, but I am somewhat interested in this.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:23 PM 07-27-2015
https://audioboom.com/boos/3412826-episode-8-ping
[Reply]
Silock 08:01 AM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
https://audioboom.com/boos/3412826-episode-8-ping
I gotta admit, my eyes and ears glaze over when the L665A numbers start popping out. It's just enough for me to know that cell tower evidence is completely irrelevant.
[Reply]
Pushead2 11:43 PM 08-09-2015
Anyone listening to the Serial Dynasty?

That lady sounded clueless...
[Reply]
Silock 11:56 PM 08-09-2015
I am. Not caught up on all the episodes. Which lady?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:34 AM 08-10-2015

I downloaded it but have not listened to it. People were crushing her on twitter though. BTW The Generation Why podcast on Hae Min Lee is pretty good. Those guys are from here (Kansas City) and have done a lot of good ones, including one on those firefighters that were killed in 1988.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:42 AM 08-10-2015
Seria Podcast Locations
Google maps of every location discussed in Serial.
[Reply]
Pushead2 12:21 AM 08-11-2015
I downloaded it but have not listened to it. People were crushing her on twitter though. BTW The Generation Why podcast on Hae Min Lee is pretty good. Those guys are from here (Kansas City) and have done a lot of good ones, including one on those firefighters that were killed in 1988.
They had a lot of facts incorrect on that podcast.

Serial Dynasty and Rabia on twitter pretty much said "whoa, whoa...."
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:31 AM 08-11-2015
They had a lot of facts incorrect on that podcast.

Serial Dynasty and Rabia on twitter pretty much said "whoa, whoa...."
They did admit it and went back and corrected those mistakes.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:23 PM 08-11-2015
They did admit it and went back and corrected those mistakes.
Ah - good on them for that!

After listening to all of the podcasts, reading the blogs & Reddit pages, I think I've come to the conclusion that Adnan's staying in jail unless there's a smoking gun that will force someone to come clean.

I don't believe he should have been convicted, but I'm not sure if he had anything to do with it though but that's only because there's nothing concrete (for both sides of the fence as well).
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:51 PM 08-11-2015
Ah - good on them for that!

After listening to all of the podcasts, reading the blogs & Reddit pages, I think I've come to the conclusion that Adnan's staying in jail unless there's a smoking gun that will force someone to come clean.

I don't believe he should have been convicted, but I'm not sure if he had anything to do with it though but that's only because there's nothing concrete (for both sides of the fence as well).
You or anyone can dismiss any of the evidence or information that's been brought up trying to make the case he's innocent.

My question is still, even if you forget all that other information, exactly what information and evidence makes people think he's actually guilty.

To put it another way. If Jay wasn't ever part of the case and didn't testify, what proves he did it and why?
[Reply]
Pushead2 10:48 PM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
You or anyone can dismiss any of the evidence or information that's been brought up trying to make the case he's innocent.

My question is still, even if you forget all that other information, exactly what information and evidence makes people think he's actually guilty.

To put it another way. If Jay wasn't ever part of the case and didn't testify, what proves he did it and why?
Absolutely, when the cops had Jay, they knew it "cased closed".
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:27 AM 08-13-2015
This latest episode is eye opening about the Baltimore Police Department.
[Reply]
Silock 07:28 PM 08-13-2015

Holy fuck that lady is FUCKING CLUELESS.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up