ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 71
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:48 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I watch a ton of college basketball. I follow MVC, SEC and Big 12. Watch all of Missouri State, most of Mizzou and quite a few of KU games. I can't help it you can't take honest criticism.
“Honest criticism.” Lol just like you were “honest” when you repeated ad nauseam that “Mizzou reneged on Mosley’s NIL deal!!!!111!” Even though everyone knew that wasn’t the case and Mizzou can’t make NIL deals anyway. You wanted so badly for that to be the case, as if it would somehow make SMSU more relevant. Lol.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:27 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
“Honest criticism.” Lol just like you were “honest” when you repeated ad nauseam that “Mizzou reneged on Mosley’s NIL deal!!!!111!” Even though everyone knew that wasn’t the case and Mizzou can’t make NIL deals anyway. You wanted so badly for that to be the case, as if it would somehow make SMSU more relevant. Lol.
My information came straight from a source with MoKan AAU program who is nails on information.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:35 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
My information came straight from a source with MoKan AAU program who is nails on information.
Except for that bit, where he was dead wrong.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:51 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who gives a shit what Pomeroy says?

Rutgers was 35th in Pomeroy, Ok State was 38th, Oregon was 41. They didn't even make the tournament. The committee doesn't give a shit about Pomeroy or Sagarin rankings.

You'll have a high as shit Pomeroy if your in a shit conference, play a cupcake non-con and beat the shit out of teams.

Missouri has a SOS in the mid 30s to low 40s, so they played a good enough schedule even though the non con was relatively easy.

I don't care what some advanced stats says about the D, because that shouldn't have any bearing in seeding.

Which is a good thing for Mizzou, given they’d be in the last 4 in via either system.

They use Q1 as their top criteria. If a team doesn’t distinguish itself there - and Mizzou 2-6 record didnt - they have to move to other metrics. SOS was in the 50s as well via both systems.

TLDR: there’s no data point that would suggest a 5 seed.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:22 PM 03-14-2023
I don't get the head-to-head argument, either, since the committee put in a NC St. team that went 0-3 vs Clemson. All 3 losses were by double digits. Not saying Clemson deserved to be in (they had 2 bad Q4 losses and a shitty non-conference schedule), but point is that H2H doesn't mean much.

Granted, I think the selection process needs to be more subjective. Kansas being the #2 overall seed over Houston because they had more Q1 opportunities and Oklahoma St. missing because they didn't have as many Q1 wins relative to how many Q1 games they played is stupid logic.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:16 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I don't get the head-to-head argument, either, since the committee put in a NC St. team that went 0-3 vs Clemson. All 3 losses were by double digits. Not saying Clemson deserved to be in (they had 2 bad Q4 losses and a shitty non-conference schedule), but point is that H2H doesn't mean much.

Granted, I think the selection process needs to be more subjective. Kansas being the #2 overall seed over Houston because they had more Q1 opportunities and Oklahoma St. missing because they didn't have as many Q1 wins relative to how many Q1 games they played is stupid logic.
You don't get the H2H argument when resumes are similar?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:17 PM 03-16-2023
Really need Kobe in there. That big white dude is kicking the shit out of us in the post now that Brown is in foul trouble.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:20 PM 03-16-2023
That mother fucker traveled before he passed it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Except for that bit, where he was dead wrong.
If you can't trust AAU sources, who can you trust?

The AAU is well know as being bastions of morality and truth.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:26 PM 03-16-2023
Wtf? That wasn't a foul.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:28 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you can't trust AAU sources, who can you trust?

The AAU is well know as being bastions of morality and truth.
That guy was nails!!!! Never gave him a bad report, which I find hard to believe considering how completely idiotic this info was
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:29 PM 03-16-2023
I really don't like Sean East. I was expecting him to shoot that and brick it.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:30 PM 03-16-2023
3-21 collectively from 3PT
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:33 PM 03-16-2023
Dude Dennis Gates out of a time out is fucking money and Kobe Brown is just a fucking stud with those passes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 03-16-2023
Man. Utah State got a lot of whistles in that half because... they have awkward white dudes who flailed after regular contact.

The offensive foul on Kobe Brown was particularly bad to the eye, but I have no idea on the "correct" interpretation of that rule these days. To me, if you have a foot in the air and are moving, you are not capable of being in a legal guarding position while sliding with a driving offensive player, but... still
[Reply]
Page 53 of 71
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up