ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 221
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:36 PM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I'll be down at Bucksaw next weekend. Hope to load up on crappie.
Good luck.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:37 PM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Nice. I haven't had much luck this year in the outlet areas.
It's in a dead water area, at least that's what we call it. Private dock, been there for almost 30 years with beds at varying depths.

Consistently good fishing.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:20 AM 10-01-2015
I'm The KING of this lake, Tarpon.

Remember my face, Bitch!!

[Reply]
stonedstooge 07:40 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:

Damn, that's a huge fish. Are they good eating?
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:36 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
Damn, that's a huge fish. Are they good eating?
Just a sport fish.
Too Bony.
Luckily I was able to release him unharmed.
Many times they fight themselves to the death.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:37 AM 10-01-2015

How do the tarpon get into those lakes (assuming that they're landlocked?). I know that they can get into cenotes and such through underground streams, but that's looking like an artificial pond/lake. Do they stock them?
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:40 AM 10-01-2015

[Reply]
beach tribe 08:46 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
How do the tarpon get into those lakes (assuming that they're landlocked?). I know that they can get into cenotes and such through underground streams, but that's looking like an artificial pond/lake. Do they stock them?
Yeah, it's a golf course lake.
There are many theories.
But I have no clue, really.

There is a tiny section of water that connects to the channels, but is really nothing but marsh. Ankle deep on a high water day. Maybe it was a stronger connection at one time.

I would tell people how I'm after the Tarpon and they would laugh."There's no Tarpon in there, silly"....Ugh, well....

I love this lake. Bass, Blue gill, peacocks, gar, carp, catfish, Mayan cichlids, Tarpon, of course, and I've caught a few fish that I couldn't even identify.

Best lake I've ever fished. And it's not even close.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:13 PM 10-02-2015
Bump for Easy 6.

I got him, bro.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:26 PM 10-02-2015

****ing WHA?

It almost looks like a shop job... THAT big sucker out of what looks like a golf course foul? You Florida ****ers, ya lucky ****s.

Incredible catch, tremendous size... that's almost like what the asian carp are around here, huge mfers that can kill the ecosystem around the local fish through sheer eating volume.

BTW, do you ever get down to the ocean/brackish waters to fish?

I'm moving to Florida before I die, and I wanna know what to use for those secretive little brackish/ocean waters down there
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:39 PM 10-02-2015

Boom Ch Ka :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:39 PM 10-02-2015
Yeah, it's a golf course lake.
There are many theories.
But I have no clue, really.

There is a tiny section of water that connects to the channels, but is really nothing but marsh. Ankle deep on a high water day. Maybe it was a stronger connection at one time.

I would tell people how I'm after the Tarpon and they would laugh."There's no Tarpon in there, silly"....Ugh, well....

I love this lake. Bass, Blue gill, peacocks, gar, carp, catfish, Mayan cichlids, Tarpon, of course, and I've caught a few fish that I couldn't even identify.

Best lake I've ever fished. And it's not even close.
You lucky bastards, such an array on your doorstep.

:-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:41 PM 10-02-2015
It looks like a gigantic minnow.

And I would love to fish for peacock bass.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:51 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
****ing WHA?

It almost looks like a shop job... THAT big sucker out of what looks like a golf course foul? You Florida ****ers, ya lucky ****s.

Incredible catch, tremendous size... that's almost like what the asian carp are around here, huge mfers that can kill the ecosystem around the local fish through sheer eating volume.

BTW, do you ever get down to the ocean/brackish waters to fish?

I'm moving to Florida before I die, and I wanna know what to use for those secretive little brackish/ocean waters down there
The best bait you will ever use is live bait fish from the area. (bluegill are a fisherman's best friend) Find an over hanging tree, get some tiny gold hooks and some bread. Catch em' hook em' to the big boy pole and throw em towards structures, trees, big rocks.
That works for Bass, but I prefer lure fishing for those guys. I like BIG worms (10"+) in the summer. Texas rigged. Love using Buzzbaits for big bass, as well.
The brighter it is outside the brighter the bait. Example: Full sun=White. Pitch dark=black. Applies to all lures.
One of the biggest tips is to find the set up that is right for you, and use the right line and lure weight for that set up. I like a Med/Hev pole with fast action and 10-14lb reel, because you want to be able to feel your lure on the bottom of the water and immediately feel a fish strike.
Always use a flourocarbon leader if using braided line (does not apply to buzz bait because the line is always out of the water). Big fish get that way for a reason and will not bite something that they can clearly see a line attached to. FC line is invisible to fish.
Braided line and a stiff pole is best for buzzbaits because the tip flexing and line stretching will interrupt a smooth run through the water.
When/If you get to Pensacola, let me know, I'll point you toward a great brackish area with monster bass.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:52 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It looks like a gigantic minnow.

And I would love to fish for peacock bass.
A 2lb peacock bass feels like an 8lb largemouth. Great fighters.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 221
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Up