ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 221
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:06 PM 07-18-2022
So cool Megatron96.
You on the North Platte?
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:10 PM 07-18-2022
https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...5A&oe=62DA4A46

This looks like Pickaroon
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
So cool Megatron96.
You on the North Platte?
https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...5A&oe=62DA4A46

This looks like Pickaroon
On the Green, below Fontenelle.
[Reply]
loochy 03:35 PM 08-01-2022
Last week I was in the Aspen area, so I hit up the Frying Pan one day and did the Roaring Fork three other days. Everything was taken on a #20 gray RS2. I saw lots of stonefly nymphs on the rocks, but they didn't want anything to do with those. Everything came on the trailing RS2.

Here is a nice rainbow from the Frying Pan:

I caught a lot of long skinny browns on the Roaring Fork in the 14-15 inch range:

Also, I stumbled on a rock while wading upstream. My phone was in my upper wader pocket. It is a Samsung S8 Active, which is a beefed up version of a Galaxy, so it's supposed to be waterproof and dropproof. Well it's sure as hell not even the least bit water resistant. It got maybe 3 inches deep in the water for about 5 seconds and it was dead. I eventually revived it by prying off the back cover and putting it in rice for three days and it powered on once the insides were dry. In the meantime, I bought a cheap $70 prepaid phone from Walmart, and it worked quite well for me.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:15 PM 08-01-2022
Nice loochy
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:19 PM 08-01-2022
This is the longest stretch in my life since 5yo fishing creeks. This year just has been brutal on me however I'm feeling good and putting in way extra overtime I'll have 96 hours overtime for two weeks at the end of this pay period. Then I'm going continue the grind but I got a three day weekend in September 2nd 3rd and 4th and them bastards better be biting.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 05:53 PM 08-01-2022
I was catfishing at my parent's pond, using chicken liver as bait.

Hooked into this guy. Didn't know that grass carp bit on chicken liver, but what a fight.

Dad says he's around 17 years old. Our guess was around 3 feet long and 20-25 pounds.

He swallowed the hook, so we released him quickly, didn't want to stress him out too much trying to weigh/measure.
[Reply]
loochy 08:30 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This is the longest stretch in my life since 5yo fishing creeks. This year just has been brutal on me however I'm feeling good and putting in way extra overtime I'll have 96 hours overtime for two weeks at the end of this pay period. Then I'm going continue the grind but I got a three day weekend in September 2nd 3rd and 4th and them bastards better be biting.
Middle of summer sucks for fishing anyway. Wait until fall. It's better
[Reply]
threebag 09:55 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
The beer and just being “away” makes it worth it. Hitting up Taneycomo Wednesday.
[Reply]
srvy 10:21 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
The beer and just being “away” makes it worth it. Hitting up Taneycomo Wednesday.
Love Taneycomo one of my favorite places on this earth.
[Reply]
srvy 10:23 PM 08-01-2022
Also damn those guns on Looch, you didn't get those by reeling in brownies.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:32 AM 08-02-2022
Love fishing the Frying Pan.
How were the water levels?
Last time I was there we were hammering them on #20 BWO.
[Reply]
loochy 11:05 AM 08-02-2022
Love fishing the Frying Pan.
How were the water levels?
Last time I was there we were hammering them on #20 BWO.
Water was fine...steady flow out of the dam and the guide said the temperatures were staying nice and cold. While I was there we had no hatch action. He said green drakes had been hatching in the evenings but not much happened for us that day. Most of the day I used a rig of 3 gray rs2s with splitshot to get it deep.

The Colorado River was closed to fishing, though, because it was up over 70 degrees.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:47 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Thats not so, according to everything I've read

A fish' metabolism is higher when its hot, the hotter it is, the hungrier they are
[Reply]
stumppy 02:54 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats not so, according to everything I've read

A fish' metabolism is higher when its hot, the hotter it is, the hungrier they are
:-)
Love catching Bass in the early morning and evening during the summer.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 221
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Up