ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:13 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They may be rookies but they're pretty highly touted. Play them. Let them learn and bring it along slowly.
How exactly do you 'bring it along slowly' if you're starting three rookies in a row?

Are you going to tell opposing defenses to please not stunt or run any zone blitzes so as not to confuse our rookie offensive linemen?

No, you start LDT at RG in between Humphrey and Niang so you've got one guy there that's seen it all before.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:16 AM 06-10-2021

The belief is Kyle Long suffered a fractured kneecap, per source. Sounds painful (and surely is!) but Long has a chance to be ready Week 1. https://t.co/UAt5OmBjj5

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
Hoover 08:17 AM 06-10-2021
This could be a blessing in disguise.

All this does is accelerate the development of our rookie guard. Worse case he starts the season on IR or PUP then have him for the second half of the season.

Be thankful the Chiefs addressed the O line throughout the draft.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:19 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
With Remmers at RT instead of Niang I don't feel as nervous about 2 rookies at C/RG if they want to go that route.
I'd be fine moving Remmers to guard where he started last year and putting Niang next to him.
[Reply]
-King- 08:20 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
How exactly do you 'bring it along slowly' if you're starting three rookies in a row?

Are you going to tell opposing defenses to please not stunt or run any zone blitzes so as not to confuse our rookie offensive linemen?

No, you start LDT at RG in between Humphrey and Niang so you've got one guy there that's seen it all before.
Start Blythe who was good at guard with the Rams.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:21 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Not For Long
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:21 AM 06-10-2021
well, that's a freak thing, a fractured knee-cap.

The good news there is that Long will probably not be a starter, but is still an experienced and talented depth guy. How long he could play before he gets hurt again is a question, but I like his experience off the bench for spot duty. If LDT or Niang had to miss a game, you wouldn't have a drop-off going to Long.

I'd be leery of expecting a full season from him though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:23 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Sure, if he beats out LDT. I doubt it though, as LDT has a few years in this offense.

But at any rate, you don't want 3 rookies in a row. One missed read and Mahomes gets clobbered. You need at least ONE guy in the middle of that who knows what's going on around him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He fractured his kneecap. Jesus
Yeah we all knew “if healthy” was going to be the key with Long. Luckily we have a backup plan or two.
[Reply]
oldman 08:28 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Blythe was brought in to be a C, not a G. Before we annoint Humphrey as the starter, let's see how TC plays out. I'm not saying Creed won't be the starter come Game 1, let's just not start shuffling guys around just yet.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:33 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wylie is yesterday's news. :-)
Yeah, I've thought that for the last two seasons.

Then the next thing you know he's starting at RT in the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 08:39 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Blythe was brought in to be a C, not a G. Before we annoint Humphrey as the starter, let's see how TC plays out. I'm not saying Creed won't be the starter come Game 1, let's just not start shuffling guys around just yet.
Yeah he was brought in to be center but as soon as we drafted Humphrey in the 3rd round, those plans obviously changed. I don't see how he could be any worse than LDT at RG and the run blocking with him next to Creed, Thuney and Orlando would be insane.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:42 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
This is why we have depth. Plug LDT in as your starting RG.
I’d rather just coach the shit outta Niang and Smith, and let that right side learn on the fly
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:43 AM 06-10-2021
Really hate it for the guy.

LDT or Smith... I personally hope Smith takes it over.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:45 AM 06-10-2021
Save him for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up