ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:39 AM 06-10-2021
Literally posted 4 days ago that Smith would win the starting RG spot if/when Long is injured.

Guy is done.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:44 AM 06-10-2021
This is why we have depth. Plug LDT in as your starting RG.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:44 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Literally posted 4 days ago that Smith would win the starting RG spot if/when Long is injured.

Guy is done.
Just have to hope Andy's obsession with Andrew Wylie doesn't stand in the way of that scenario being allowed to happen.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:45 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

Guy is done.
I just don’t see Andy doing that to start the year and I really want it to happen. That would be 2 rookies starting right next to each other, maybe 3 if Niang wins the RT job.

I think they’ll start Blythe or LDT this year
[Reply]
tmax63 07:46 AM 06-10-2021
Doc Larry or Smith. Neither is a bad option especially compared to last year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:54 AM 06-10-2021
Good thing we have 9 more guards. Tapping into them early!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06-10-2021, 07:56 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
BigCatDaddy 08:01 AM 06-10-2021
With Remmers at RT instead of Niang I don't feel as nervous about 2 rookies at C/RG if they want to go that route.
[Reply]
wazu 08:03 AM 06-10-2021
Glad to hear he’ll be back in time to suffer another season ending injury during week one warm-ups.
[Reply]
-King- 06-10-2021, 08:05 AM
This message has been deleted by -King-.
oldman 08:07 AM 06-10-2021
I've been wary of annointing Long as the starter at RG since his signing. He was a cheap option to provide depth at G/T all along. I believe LDT will come back and be OK. Let's see what the staff comes up with during TC.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:07 AM 06-10-2021
He fractured his kneecap. Jesus
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Just plug Trey Smith in and don't worry about the position for the next 15 years.

Long can be a reserve if/when he comes back. Counting on him to be a starter is obviously a stretch and the last thing I want is guys cycling in and out of the lineup again. Just put the young mauler in there and don't look back.

And I swear to God, if I read reports that Wylie is taking the first team snaps at that spot now I will flip out.
while I have high hopes for Smith I'd rather not have the entire right side of the line from Center over be all rookies.
[Reply]
scho63 08:08 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Just have to hope Andy's obsession with Andrew Wylie doesn't stand in the way of that scenario being allowed to happen.
Wylie is yesterday's news. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:10 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
With Remmers at RT instead of Niang I don't feel as nervous about 2 rookies at C/RG if they want to go that route.
If Niang can't beat out Remmers then he's a lost cause.

Remmers was barely serviceable. He's got 30" arms, for fuckssake.

LDT would have the inside track to RG, and that's fine, honestly. If the Canadian doc is our worst starter, it's a pretty damned good line.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 06-10-2021
They may be rookies but they're pretty highly touted. Play them. Let them learn and bring it along slowly.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:12 AM 06-10-2021
Humphrey-LDT-Niang
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up