ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:11 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Are we forgetting about Allegreti in all this?
No, he and Andre Wylie are going to do Oklahoma drills to determine the last interior spot on the line.
[Reply]
oldman 01:35 PM 06-11-2021
Until we see who lines up where after the 1st week of TC, it's all speculation and high hopes. Right now all we know (barring injury) is Brown the LT and Thuney is the LG.

That said, I would expect to see at least one of our rookies in the starting lineup mid-season.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:02 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Until we see who lines up where after the 1st week of TC, it's all speculation and high hopes. Right now all we know (barring injury) is Brown the LT and Thuney is the LG.

That said, I would expect to see at least one of our rookies in the starting lineup mid-season.
If the Chiefs thought Creed wasn’t ready, they wouldn’t have wasted 1st string snaps on him at OTAs. Blythe would need to develop chemistry with Mahomes as well.

Smith and Niang are the question marks.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:12 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
If the Chiefs thought Creed wasn’t ready, they wouldn’t have wasted 1st string snaps on him at OTAs. Blythe would need to develop chemistry with as well.

Smith and Niang are the question marks.
Oh yeah, Humphrey is a day one starter without question. You don't draft a center in the 2nd round to sit on the bench behind a guy like Blythe. Barring injury, he's your center.

Between Smith and Niang, I think if one of those two win a starting job day one you'd have to be pretty thrilled. Certainly next year you have a C, RG & RT trio with elite talent across the board making next to nothing salary wise, which is exactly what you need when you're paying Thuney $80 million and most likely are giving Brown one of the biggest LT deals in history.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:41 PM 06-11-2021
Most would agree that Blythe is about the same quality as Reiter overall. Better run blocker, worse pass blocker. Fine player, not great though.

Absolutely awesome to have that guy as your back up center though. Very underrated move.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:47 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Most would agree that Blythe is about the same quality as Reiter overall. Better run blocker, worse pass blocker. Fine player, not great though.

Absolutely awesome to have that guy as your back up center though. Very underrated move.
And backup guard. He can fill in at all 3 interior positions.

Very nice player to have especially as dirt cheap as he is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:07 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It will be really interesting to see what they do with it.

I don't think they're going to start 3 guys on the right that have never played an NFL down.

I think Humphrey is a lock at OC. After that, I think Niang has the 2nd-best shot to win a starting job.

Which means Smith is the odd man out there. There's much more depth/competition at RG than at either RT or OC.
Dat's what I'm sayin'.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:08 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
No, he and Andre Wylie are going to do Oklahoma drills to determine the last interior spot on the line.
Alegretti would fucking destroy Wylie in Oklahoma drills.
[Reply]
Oxford 03:15 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Alegretti would ****ing destroy Wylie in Oklahoma drills.
Somewhere Marty is smiling..............
[Reply]
JakeF 03:36 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Oh, give me a fucking break.

LDT is 6 year veteran and Super Bowl champion. The Chiefs aren't going to dump him, nor are they going to eat his salary when they have so little room left.

NFL players miss entire seasons due to injury all the motherfucking time and many come back at the same exact level as before. LDT wasn't injured, he opted out to help others. He's not recovering from a torn ligament or broken or fractured bone. He's a professional football player and as long as he's willing to play this season, he'll be the favorite to start at right guard.

Good grief.
LDT opted out last year and then decided to not attend voluntary camp this year.

That doesn't bode well for his dedication.

I'm not sure why they put Trey Smith at LG on the depth chart but i'm hoping he plays so well in TC that they have him switch sides and start at RG.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:42 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Alegretti would ****ing destroy Wylie in Oklahoma drills.
It would be hilarious to watch. Wylie is such a goddamn pussy. No idea why and how he is still on this team, especially with a $3 million tender.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:51 PM 06-11-2021
How did Blythe do at guard?
[Reply]
-King- 04:27 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
How did Blythe do at guard?
According to Rams forums/articles, almost ProBowl level his first year and solid but slightly worse than the first year in his second. Then he got moved to center.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:34 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
LDT opted out last year and then decided to not attend voluntary camp this year.

That doesn't bode well for his dedication.
:-)

If LDT leaves the Canada, he has to quarantine for two weeks before re-entering.

Your bullshit speculation knows no bounds.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:34 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It would be hilarious to watch. Wylie is such a goddamn pussy. No idea why and how he is still on this team, especially with a $3 million tender.
It's clearly because you know more about NFL offensive lineman than Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up