ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I need a brush killer/herbicide
bdj23 02:25 PM 03-28-2023
I'm talking agent orange tier shit.

My yard (mainly fence line) has been taken over by mulberry and empress tree saplings. I cut them down, I cut them back, I pull them, I mow them, nothing works. It's like fighting a Hydra every spring.

I'm settling with chemical warfare. What should I use to get rid of these things?
[Reply]
bdj23 06:17 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Have you considered getting goats? I happen to know a guy!
I don't think I can have goats as I'm inside city limits.

I wouldn't mind getting some chickens to eat all the God damn spiders though. I get a lot of country problems without any of the country perks at my home
[Reply]
bdj23 06:28 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
I had one.

Neighbors are trashy and encouraged their shitty dog (other one is nice) to bark. Didn’t want my puppy to pick up bad habits.

So now I have a nice, modern, horizontal privacy fence. As a bonus, I don’t have to look at the mud pit on the other side or their janky deck “furniture”.
My neighbors are alright, but my yard is gigantic. I think it's 1/3 an acre in the back yard alone. I don't want to think about what a wood picket privacy fence would run me
[Reply]
wazu 06:38 PM 03-28-2023
I once had a house where the neighbors behind me hired a company to fertilize their lawn. Apparently the company grabbed the wrong tanks and sprayed brush killer instead. Their lawn looked so completely dead. Way worse than the roughest, most abused lawn you've ever seen. We called it the blonde lawn. Of course, it didn't end at their property line. We had a decent patch of our yard also killed. We had not met these neighbors. It was a brand new neighborhood full of young couples and families. They were easy to work with and made sure we were in on the insurance claim. Was no big deal to us, but they were so embarrassed that I think that's the reason they actually moved.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:44 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
My neighbors are alright, but my yard is gigantic. I think it's 1/3 an acre in the back yard alone. I don't want to think about what a wood picket privacy fence would run me
They’re not cheap.

Horizontal was 50% more but it looks way better.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:46 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I once had a house where the neighbors behind me hired a company to fertilize their lawn. Apparently the company grabbed the wrong tanks and sprayed brush killer instead. Their lawn looked so completely dead. Way worse than the roughest, most abused lawn you've ever seen. We called it the blonde lawn. Of course, it didn't end at their property line. We had a decent patch of our yard also killed. We had not met these neighbors. It was a brand new neighborhood full of young couples and families. They were easy to work with and made sure we were in on the insurance claim. Was no big deal to us, but they were so embarrassed that I think that's the reason they actually moved.
That actually happened to a farmer friend. Fertilizer company accidentally sprayed Roundup meant for Roundup ready corn on his bean field. It was about 70 acres. Oops.
[Reply]
neech 06:49 PM 03-28-2023
Gordon’s Speed Zone weed killer. You can get it and the grass pad near you.

I just mix with water as directed and spray on problem areas like dandelions any weeds. When it gets to growing shortly I go out there darn near every week and just give a little spray when I see weeds grow.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:06 PM 03-28-2023
remedy is best on woody plants, i sell it at my feed store, you can find it at lowes etc
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:17 PM 03-28-2023
Go buy product called Tordon RTU

RTU is for treating the cut surface after you cut the brush down. Very effective on the species you have

Another option for standing mature brush is Crossbow herbicide mixed 75% with diesel at 25 % applied to the bottom 15 inches of the stems/trunks It will kill the brush so when you cut it (after its dead) it wont resprout
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:25 PM 03-28-2023
Did you try licking its ass?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:30 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Have you tried Tordon with crop oil?
THIS...I cut the mulberrys as close to the ground as possible and then use one of those sponge brushes to put Tordon on the freshly cut stump. They don't grow back like they normally do... It's the one thing that 's easy and I have found to work.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:37 AM 03-29-2023
I see you have heard of Agent Orange and you want something similar to that in effectiveness. Agent Orange of course is quite carcinogenic, and you will see TV commercials saying "were you in Vietnam and exposed to Agent Orange? Call now because you're entitled to compensation!"

So you really don't want Agent Orange. But you know what those commercials don't say? They don't say "were you exposed to Agent Purple? Call now." They also don't mention Agents Blue, Green, White and Pink. All were herbicides used during Nam. So why did Agent Orange become the only one with the lawsuits and the compensation?

Because all the other agents are totally safe.

I personally recommend Agent Purple, if you can still get it, but Green and Pink are also known to greatly upset those peoples that are indigenous to the A Shau Valley.

Originally Posted by :
By far the most widely used herbicide was Agent Orange, followed by Agent White; other tactical herbicides that were used in Vietnam during the war include Agent Blue, Agent Purple, Agent Pink, and Agent Green. The names of the herbicides were derived from the color-coded bands around the 55-gal (208-L) drums used to ship and store them.
ETA: I ain't kiddding. They don't call it Agent Purple anymore, but...

Originally Posted by :
2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D)—a second active ingredient of Agent Orange, Agent White, and Agent Purple—was and continues to be a widely used herbicide around the world. Its human health and environmental risks were assessed by the EPA in 2005 to support its reregistration. It is permitted for agricultural and residential herbicide use (EPA, 2005). 2,4-D can be found in lawn herbicide mixtures such as "Weed B Gon MAX", "PAR III", "Trillion", "Tri-Kil", "Killex" and "Weedaway Premium 3-Way XP Turf Herbicide"

[Reply]
bdj23 11:33 AM 03-29-2023
Interesting write up lmao
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 04:54 PM 03-29-2023
yes tourdon rtu is great also, you do have to have a freshly cut stump to spray it on for max effect
[Reply]
srvy 10:39 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I see you have heard of Agent Orange and you want something similar to that in effectiveness. Agent Orange of course is quite carcinogenic, and you will see TV commercials saying "were you in Vietnam and exposed to Agent Orange? Call now because you're entitled to compensation!"

So you really don't want Agent Orange. But you know what those commercials don't say? They don't say "were you exposed to Agent Purple? Call now." They also don't mention Agents Blue, Green, White and Pink. All were herbicides used during Nam. So why did Agent Orange become the only one with the lawsuits and the compensation?

Because all the other agents are totally safe.

I personally recommend Agent Purple, if you can still get it, but Green and Pink are also known to greatly upset those peoples that are indigenous to the A Shau Valley.

ETA: I ain't kiddding. They don't call it Agent Purple anymore, but...
Hey, Tordon is purple or at least the stuff I get on Amazon. I learned of the stuff while staking out centerlines for transmission lines for clearing and setting clearing limits. KCPL's felling crew would come in behind me with power saws leaving the stumps sticking up about 2 feet high. They would pour an X across the top with this thick purple gelly looking stuff. So I asked what it was (tordon) he said it would eventually kill the root system and the stump would decay in a few years.

Nowadays they just use attachments to a Catapiller track how that saws the tree down and another grinds the stump down flush to the ground .
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:36 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I have a farmer buddy who recommended this to me and actually said he could get some. But it's gonna be a month or so before I see him again. I was kind of hoping to kill them off before they leaf.

You should be able to walk into any Man-store and get it. Fleet Farm, Farm and Home, Orcheliens, and maybe even Lowes. If not if you are in a rural area go to your Feed store/MFL. I'm sure I bought my last jug at Theissens.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up