ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I need a brush killer/herbicide
bdj23 02:25 PM 03-28-2023
I'm talking agent orange tier shit.

My yard (mainly fence line) has been taken over by mulberry and empress tree saplings. I cut them down, I cut them back, I pull them, I mow them, nothing works. It's like fighting a Hydra every spring.

I'm settling with chemical warfare. What should I use to get rid of these things?
[Reply]
Woogieman 03:15 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:

My yard (mainly fence line) has been taken over by mulberry and empress tree saplings. I cut them down, I cut them back, I pull them, I mow them, nothing works. It's like fighting a Hydra every spring.

I'm settling with chemical warfare. What should I use to get rid of these things?
Go to Orscheln, get their Brush Killer for fence lines (Amine 400). There is Total Kill, and there is A slightly gentler version. They have good help.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:18 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Have you tried Tordon with crop oil?
I have a farmer buddy who recommended this to me and actually said he could get some. But it's gonna be a month or so before I see him again. I was kind of hoping to kill them off before they leaf.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:41 PM 03-28-2023
Show the plants a photo of Mark Davis.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:41 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Have you tried Tordon with crop oil?

[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 03:43 PM 03-28-2023
Tordon RTU works great if you cut it off then spray the stump immediately.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 03:46 PM 03-28-2023
Spike Herbicide kills all vegetation, all season long
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:07 PM 03-28-2023

Lemme guess.

Chain link fence?
[Reply]
C-Mac 04:13 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Gasoline works well.
Yip
[Reply]
kc rush 04:23 PM 03-28-2023
Tordon is the way to go as mentioned.

I got some from Tractor Supply a couple of years ago and it permanently killed several invasive trees I had popping up.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:30 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Lemme guess.

Chain link fence?
Unfortunately. It was fubar before we moved in. It needs to be bulldozed but I don't want to replace it. I kinda dig the ivy that grows on it, it has a Wrigley outfield vibe. The trees are going to destroy it unless I find a way to permanently get rid of them
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:50 PM 03-28-2023
43% Vinegar. $20/ gallon. 50/50 with water. Kills everything.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:41 PM 03-28-2023
Unfortunately. It was fubar before we moved in. It needs to be bulldozed but I don't want to replace it. I kinda dig the ivy that grows on it, it has a Wrigley outfield vibe. The trees are going to destroy it unless I find a way to permanently get rid of them
I had one.

Neighbors are trashy and encouraged their shitty dog (other one is nice) to bark. Didn’t want my puppy to pick up bad habits.

So now I have a nice, modern, horizontal privacy fence. As a bonus, I don’t have to look at the mud pit on the other side or their janky deck “furniture”.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:57 PM 03-28-2023
roundup 365 & 2, 4 ,d mixed with a little dawn liquid soap
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:02 PM 03-28-2023
Diesel fuel. Put some in a sprayer. Pump up your sprayer and away you go. It will kill all things vegetation. Father managed a grain elevator and a farmer told him this will keep the weeds away for sure. OSHA did not like weeds around a grain elevator for some reason.:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:09 PM 03-28-2023
Have you considered getting goats? I happen to know a guy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up