ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
O.city 07:03 AM 03-29-2023
Judge these guys by actions, not what they say.

Based on the fact that they were in on paying Tyreek alot, wanted to get on AJ Brown, now are talking about Odell and theres some media smoke on Hopkins tells you what they think about the current situation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:06 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's only necessarily foolish if you're a fan who doesn't see these guys every day in practice and in meetings.

We have only past game performance to judge our opinions on.

In THAT, as fans, we haven't seen enough from Moore to feel comfortable.

What's foolish is assuming we know better than Andy Reid.
Nobody is assuming they know better than Reid. They're expressing concern - the proper reaction to our current WR situation. Because it isn't good.

They're not done though so it really doesn't matter.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:11 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's one of the points I was trying to make the other day. We've literally added just one player to the offense, and two of the highest-producing skill players are now with other teams. The odds we'll replace their production solely through the draft is ridiculous.
Hardman didn't play most of the season and contributed nothing to the playoff run. Not sure how he was one of the highest-producing skill players. Maybe for a few games early in the season.

All we've really lost is JJSS and most people seem to think he's easily replaced (might be partly true). I'd prefer to add a vet, but your choices are either an expensive gamble or a mediocre FA. If they can't land a good one in FA or trade, I'd trade up in the 1st round. It's not like 10 draft picks are going to make the roster.

One of Taylor's recent articles discussed Justyn Ross. Apparently he's progressed pretty well. Just the fact that someone who is plugged in devoted a paragraph to him tells me that they think he has a decent chance to be a factor. I could see John Ross being somewhat productive if he's healthy too. He could be the new gadget guy to replace Hardman. Insane speed.

Kelce/Gray
Toney
Mid-first round pick
MVS
Moore
Justyn Ross
John Ross
Later round pick

And if necessary, they could re-sign Watson.

That could end up being a pretty damn good and deep receiving corps. Of course it's no sure bet, but neither is signing Beckham or trading for Hopkins. And it would save plenty of money.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:16 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Hardman didn't play most of the season and contributed nothing to the playoff run. Not sure how he was one of the highest-producing skill players. Maybe for a few games early in the season.

All we've really lost is JJSS and most people seem to think he's easily replaced (might be partly true). I'd prefer to add a vet, but your choices are either an expensive gamble or a mediocre FA. If they can't land a good one in FA or trade, I'd trade up in the 1st round. It's not like 10 draft picks are going to make the roster.

One of Taylor's recent articles discussed Justyn Ross. Apparently he's progressed pretty well. Just the fact that someone who is plugged in devoted a paragraph to him tells me that they think he has a decent chance to be a factor. I could see John Ross being somewhat productive if he's healthy too. He could be the new gadget guy to replace Hardman. Insane speed.

Kelce/Gray
Toney
Mid-first round pick
MVS
Moore
Justyn Ross
John Ross
Later round pick

And if necessary, they could re-sign Watson.

That could end up being a pretty damn good and deep receiving corps. Of course it's no sure bet, but neither is signing Beckham or trading for Hopkins. And it would save plenty of money.
The numbers say he was the third-highest producing WR on the team in terms of TDs, 1st downs, and yds/cth per game. And Justin Watson only caught 16 more yards than Hardman with 9 extra games to do it in.

Mecole also accounted for 4 receiving TDs, 6 TD overall. That's just under a third of all TDs caught by all Chiefs WR in 2022.

And I assume you mean Hardman didn't contribute in the playoff run EXCEPT for the 3rd down reception for a 1st down conversion in the only 2nd half series that resulted in a Chiefs TD in the AFCCG? The TD that allowed KC to tie up the game?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:52 PM 03-29-2023
The numbers say he was the third-highest producing WR on the team in terms of TDs, 1st downs, and yds/cth per game. And Justin Watson only caught 16 more yards than Hardman with 9 extra games to do it in.

Mecole also accounted for 4 receiving TDs, 6 TD overall. That's just under a third of all TDs caught by all Chiefs WR in 2022.

And I assume you mean Hardman didn't contribute in the playoff run EXCEPT for the 3rd down reception for a 1st down conversion in the only 2nd half series that resulted in a Chiefs TD in the AFCCG? The TD that allowed KC to tie up the game?
I'm not saying that Hardman isn't a decent player. I'm saying that I don't consider him a "loss." And definitely not a major loss. Because he was lost in week 8 and they didn't miss a beat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:02 PM 03-29-2023
I'm not saying that Hardman isn't a decent player. I'm saying that I don't consider him a "loss." And definitely not a major loss. Because he was lost in week 8 and they didn't miss a beat.
Mecole accounted for 38% of all TDs scored by the Chiefs WRs. 4 of his TDs were in the RZ.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:18 PM 03-29-2023
Mecole accounted for 38% of all TDs scored by the Chiefs WRs. 4 of his TDs were in the RZ.
We're talking about what KC has to replace in the offseason, right? My point is that Hardman doesn't have to be replaced. He was replaced midseason by Toney.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:23 PM 03-29-2023
We're talking about what KC has to replace in the offseason, right? My point is that Hardman doesn't have to be replaced. He was replaced midseason by Toney.
I would agree that Toney can largely replace Hardman's role in the offense. And more. Or at least to be more precise, Toney can be more efficient in that role.

my point was simply that Hardman's contribution wasn't insignificant.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:51 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Judge these guys by actions, not what they say.

Based on the fact that they were in on paying Tyreek alot, wanted to get on AJ Brown, now are talking about Odell and theres some media smoke on Hopkins tells you what they think about the current situation.
On the other hand, we know by now how Veach operates. If there’s a desperate need, he addresses it and quickly. The fact that nothing’s happened tells me they don’t view this as a desperate need. They’re probably testing the waters to see if Beckham will bite on a modest deal, and if not, they’re going to take somebody in the first.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:07 PM 03-30-2023

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:09 PM 03-30-2023
The mocks that he picked from took Zay Flowers, Jalin Hyatt, Dawand Jones
[Reply]
BossChief 09:30 PM 03-30-2023
Here’s what I believe is happening. Take it for what it’s worth. Which probably isn’t much.

The Chiefs and CJ have a deal DONE and CJ said he wants his deal to help KC as long as he gets his agreed upon framework. The “final draft” will be signed right before the draft. That gives Brett flexibility to structure it with a low first year hit (so they can fit in Hopkins)…or a modest first year hit if they decide to go in another direction.

KC can’t make the trade right now due to cap space, so they are using that leverage to try to get Arizona to eat as much as they can, to facilitate a trade. That’s why it’s taking time. Lots of back and forth.

The 2 deals are going to be announced very close to each other because CJs deal is dependent on what Veach can get done with Hopkins.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:24 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Here’s what I believe is happening. Take it for what it’s worth. Which probably isn’t much.

The Chiefs and CJ have a deal DONE and CJ said he wants his deal to help KC as long as he gets his agreed upon framework. The “final draft” will be signed right before the draft. That gives Brett flexibility to structure it with a low first year hit (so they can fit in Hopkins)…or a modest first year hit if they decide to go in another direction.

KC can’t make the trade right now due to cap space, so they are using that leverage to try to get Arizona to eat as much as they can, to facilitate a trade. That’s why it’s taking time. Lots of back and forth.

The 2 deals are going to be announced very close to each other because CJs deal is dependent on what Veach can get done with Hopkins.
If it does not happen on the draft day then it will likely happen right before TC or during OTAs. I could see the Chiefs wanting to give them a 2024 2cd round pick so that they can have their 2cd this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 03-31-2023
Jones deal isn't announced because they don't have a deal
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 03-31-2023
1. OT
2. DE
3. WR
4. OT
5. DL
6. DE
7. WR