ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
Bwana 06:06 PM 03-24-2023
OT
[Reply]
Stryker 06:09 PM 03-24-2023
OT seems obvious. I think we will go WR next.
[Reply]
493rd 06:13 PM 03-24-2023
WR, Edge, OT
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:15 PM 03-24-2023
Don’t draft a RB in the first and I’m happy.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:16 PM 03-24-2023
OT, DE, WR, NT = Tier 1

RB, OG, TE = Tier 2

QB, DB = Tier 3
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
OT seems obvious. I think we will go WR next.
This
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:30 PM 03-24-2023
Backup QB
[Reply]
tredadda 06:31 PM 03-24-2023
OT
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:31 PM 03-24-2023
BPA at either OT, Edge or WR
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:53 PM 03-24-2023
Some people might really be flipping out if we take an OT early and an IOL in the upper mid-rounds.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:06 PM 03-24-2023
Biggest need as it stands right now is WR but not sure there’s going to be great value there when we pick, so go with BPA.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:08 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Biggest need as it stands right now is WR but not sure there’s going to be great value there when we pick, so go with BPA.
Agreed. That could be a WR, OT, DE, TE.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:52 PM 03-24-2023
QB
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:02 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I have said this before, but if Johnston or Smith-Njigba fall anywhere near 20, I hope we make a move to get one of them.

If we pick at 31 (really 32) and Flowers is there, then maybe we take him. However, if we don't move up or down, there should be some athletic defensive linemen available.

And if we moved up to snag Will McDonald instead of a receiver, I would only be upset if Johnston or Smith-Njigba was available. McDonald looked great at the combine.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:09 PM 03-24-2023
The biggest need vs draft order preferences may be two entirely different animals.

In terms of biggest NEEDS, here's my take:

1. DT. Derrick Nnadi was certifiably horrendous and there's nothing of substance there outside of him. Wharton is a lackluster situational player as well and Shelton is a shell of his former self at this stage. Not to mention, every DT on the roster is in the final year of their deal. We need help next to Jones.

2. Pass-Catching RB/Short-area Weapon. McKinnon was absolute nails last year with over 500 yards receiving and 9 TDs. If he's not brought back, that level of production isn't easily replaced and the two guys that are projected to do it best in the draft are 1st and 2nd round prospects, though Evan Hall is intriguing later on. For all of the talk about WR, this guy was your #4 most productive receiving option behind Kelce, JuJu, and MVS.

3. OT. I would have it higher on the list if not for two major things... Tega Wanogho was a highly touted prospect coming out but came with major dedication questions. I think dedication may have been answered and we just might be sleeping on a late bloomer al a Jason Peters with this kid. Not only that, KC signed Taylor to play "either" spot and Niang was a 3rd round pick that played pretty well when he was available. I'm more inclined to think Veach just brings in more competition and depth, which is definitely a need at this point. If he goes OT early, I think it's a big splash to land a franchise LT higher in the round.

4. WR. Depth is a definite concern, whereas penciled-in starters aren't necessarily the greatest need. You definitely need to hedge your bets against Toney's injury potential and Moore's ability to ascend but where that price point is is up for debate. I think a reasonably-priced veteran and another rookie in the pipe is the way to go.

5. DE. There is a severe lack of quality depth behind Karlaftis and Omenihu, which leaves little wiggle room for injury. I do trust Veach to add another aging veteran to the group as he's done in each season to date but it would be nice to get a player for the future following Omenihu and as an upgrade to Danna as a situational pass rusher when you kick Omenihu down inside. You'd also like to find a depth piece that can function in a similar role to Omenihu.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up