ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
One of my cats enjoyed hunting moths. During our annual moth migration in Denver, I would yell, "Moth! Moth!" if a moth was flying around bothering me, and the cat would come running into the room to take it out.
Yeah, it's amazing they can kill flying insects consistently. Ours has stalked flies around the house and spiked them out of the air like volleyballs.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do cats show remorse when they know that they've been assholes like most dogs do? If so, I've never witnessed it.
constantly
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:07 PM 03-24-2023
I am a known cat hater, but I guess I understand the appeal to some people. If you want a pet that you basically don't have to actively care for, a cat is for you. I have two little ankle biter dogs that are about the size of a cat and much louder and obnoxious. I like the fact that a dog will greet me at the door when I come home and let me know that they missed me and have been anxiously waiting on my return. I enjoy taking my dogs for walks or going to the lake and letting them run in the sand. Owning a dog is more like having a furry friend that enjoys your company. Owning a cat is like having an ex-wife that lives with you.
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:08 PM 03-24-2023
Do cats show remorse when they know that they've been assholes like most dogs do? If so, I've never witnessed it.
I've wondered that about DC posters(?)

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:09 PM 03-24-2023
it's always consistent that people who "hate cats" have completely wrong opinions about what they are like.
[Reply]
Donger 01:12 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
constantly
How so? How do they display remorse or guilt?

I've never seen a cat do something like this:

[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:12 PM 03-24-2023
it's always consistent that people who "hate cats" have completely wrong opinions about what they are like.
Really? What are they like?

Oh, and tell my Mom hello for me.
[Reply]
kgrund 01:13 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Very strange how old man masculinity works. That somehow a cat is gay. I think a dog is more gay. A dog will follow you everywhere you go, worship you despite you treating it like shit. A cat is independent and does not require someone to baby it or to be clingy with it.

I can go on a vacation and go cat shit in that and eat that. Ill be back in a week. Peace out. Dogs are much much more work and need constant attention.
Jack Byrnes is that you?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:13 PM 03-24-2023
Kitty on the floor and i wanna touch it
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:19 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
This.

Those little fucks don't eat the shit, they eat the expensive electronic wiring shit for some goddamn reason.
Exactly. Mice for whatever reason gravitate to drop cords, audio cables, and just about any other sheathed wiring you can think of.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, some of you guys have bad luck with cats :-). Had a fat orange tabby and that was one lovable motherfucker.
It's not about us having bad luck, it's about you having extremely good luck. You got a single cat that happened to be awesome. We have a couple of those, too. But we also have nearly 20 cats now and 18 of them are self-absorbed assholes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 03-24-2023
I concluded long ago that cats don't have remorse. :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you use Alpha and Beta….you aren’t an Alpha.
this x100

any guy who unironically claims hes an alpha is obviously an insecure disaster
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I am a known cat hater, but I guess I understand the appeal to some people. If you want a pet that you basically don't have to actively care for, a cat is for you. I have two little ankle biter dogs that are about the size of a cat and much louder and obnoxious. I like the fact that a dog will greet me at the door when I come home and let me know that they missed me and have been anxiously waiting on my return. I enjoy taking my dogs for walks or going to the lake and letting them run in the sand. Owning a dog is more like having a furry friend that enjoys your company. Owning a cat is like having an ex-wife that lives with you.
Yep. It's the law of averages.

You can absolutely find cats that will do this kind of stuff. We have a Siamese in the house that took to training. He sits and stays and all the stuff that a dog would do. But he's 1 cat amongst many here.

The AVERAGE dog will do those things you mentioned. The AVERAGE cat will not.

It's like playing the lottery basically.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:24 PM 03-24-2023
No kidding. All of this "cats ignore you" stuff is weird. Two of mine run up to me when I get home from work while the third rolls around on her cat tree while chirping at me because she wants pets. It's really hard to work at home now because I usually have one in the chair next to me yelling for pets while another is trying to sit on the keyboard so he can be right in my face while the third crashes around behind the monitor. Sometimes a little less attention would be nice.

Maybe if cats ignore you, it's a "you" problem and not a cat problem. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up