ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Eleazar 12:54 PM 03-07-2023
Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers, sources say

The New York Jets have had conversations with the Green Bay Packers and with quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week regarding a potential trade of the four-time MVP to the Jets, according to sources.

The sources said some of those conversations were expected to take place Tuesday, but that it's unclear as of Tuesday morning whether they will result in a trade.

Rodgers still has not made any announcements about what he intends to do this season. It's still possible he decides to retire, or to stay in Green Bay. But if he still wants to play and he and the Packers agree it's time for him to play somewhere else, the Jets appear to be a realistic option.

If the Jets are speaking directly with Rodgers, they and he would have had to secure the Packers' permission, as he is still under contract with Green Bay. So, the discussions Rodgers is having with the Jets indicate at least some openness on the part of the Packers to the idea of trading him there.

But there are potential complications to a deal, including Rodgers' huge and complicated contract, that might have to be addressed to make sure both teams would be in compliance with the salary cap by the start of the league year next Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Rodgers is under contract through 2024 for $108.8 million. Technically, the contract, signed last March, runs through 2026, but 2025 and 2026 are considered "dummy" years for cap purposes. His deal includes a fully guaranteed $59.5 million this season, with $58.3 million coming in the form of an option bonus, payable before the start of the regular season.

Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers wouldn't hobble the Jets' cap. He would count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

The Packers would get hit with a $40.3 million "dead" charge in 2023 -- nearly $9 million more than he'd count if he were on the roster.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:40 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Rodgers just needs to quit. F him.
NO! We all want Rodgers in NY. This all but guarantees Buffalo has no shot at the one seed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:44 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's the oddity to me too. If you said I could have any QB other than Mahomes for one year in a go-for-broke-to-win-it situation, Aaron Rodgers would be my guy. He is absolutely the next-best QB in the NFL and it's not close for me.

People discount just how good Rodgers is, for some reason. It's almost mind-boggling. I don't care if he wants anal massages, buy the guy some anal massages. Go try to win it. I don't know if it needs to be two 1's at age 39 but I'd give one up for sure.

Why aren't the Patriots in on it? Go try to get one more before you hang them up Bill... I mean fucking Mac isn't getting you there. Talk about wasting a really good defense.

Baltimore? Hello? What you doing? Lamar Jackson aint the answer. Get Rodgers and you probably piss-pound that division. WTF.

Miami? Going to go all-in a year ago on explosive weapons just to have brokedick Tua? Fuck it, go for it.

I think NFL teams play it too conservatively sometimes. The GMs with the big balls win championships.
It's largely because of his 'cult of personality.' He's not broadly likeable. A lot of people equate that dislike with "he's not very good." He has flaws to his game, but he's pretty obviously a generational talent at QB. The best in the game before Pat showed up.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:46 PM 03-14-2023
Rodgers has talent but I'm not really sure he has heart anymore.

There's no way as a GM I would mortgage my future based on what it would cost in salary and picks him.

Could he generate excitement and win some extra games?

Sure.

With somebody like Tom Brady he was still hungry to win.

Maybe Aaron will light it up in the playoffs and prove me wrong, more power to him if a change of scene lights a fire under him.

But as a Jets fan, I wouldn't be thrilled by the price...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:48 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's largely because of his 'cult of personality.' He's not broadly likeable. A lot of people equate that dislike with "he's not very good." He has flaws to his game, but he's pretty obviously a generational talent at QB. The best in the game before Pat showed up.
You don't have to be loved, but team chemistry is a thing...
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:57 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's the oddity to me too. If you said I could have any QB other than Mahomes for one year in a go-for-broke-to-win-it situation, Aaron Rodgers would be my guy. He is absolutely the next-best QB in the NFL and it's not close for me.

People discount just how good Rodgers is, for some reason. It's almost mind-boggling. I don't care if he wants anal massages, buy the guy some anal massages. Go try to win it. I don't know if it needs to be two 1's at age 39 but I'd give one up for sure.

Why aren't the Patriots in on it? Go try to get one more before you hang them up Bill... I mean ****ing Mac isn't getting you there. Talk about wasting a really good defense.

Baltimore? Hello? What you doing? Lamar Jackson aint the answer. Get Rodgers and you probably piss-pound that division. WTF.

Miami? Going to go all-in a year ago on explosive weapons just to have brokedick Tua? **** it, go for it.

I think NFL teams play it too conservatively sometimes. The GMs with the big balls win championships.
He’s 11-10 in the playoffs.

Rogers is, in all respects, a tease.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
No doubt. Chemistry is a tangible asset, or not, at a certain level.
[Reply]
Spott 08:02 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

He’s like the Belize of QB’s.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:18 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I definitely agree with this, but as Megatron eluded to, he's a generational talent and if not for Pat he's easily the best QB in the game. He's arrogant, obviously, and knows he's good. He expects a certain level of competence around him and gets rather irritated when it's not there.

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

At the end of the day, it's still a team game come playoff time. The Packers had a lot of really bad defenses and, despite pouring tons of early resources into it, are still relatively mediocre.

I think a change of scenery would do Rodgers wonders. The Jets are positioned to have potent weapons around him. I question the O-Line. That defense will grow some this year. He could win that division though.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:29 PM 03-14-2023
Will the Piece of Shit finally announce his decision tomorrow?

Be a friend, tell a friend.

You are cordially invited.

🗣🗣 TOMORROW AT 1PMEST pic.twitter.com/wIr9mhXz8D

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) March 14, 2023

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 03-14-2023
I’m not sure he’s generational at 40.

Before Brady nobody did it at that age.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:23 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
NO! We all want Rodgers in NY. This all but guarantees Buffalo has no shot at the one seed.
and we finally get a potential Mahomes/Rogers face off !!!:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:26 PM 03-14-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:41 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m not sure he’s generational at 40.

Before Brady nobody did it at that age.
No, he's not. Anymore. But he was for all but a couple years of his career. Hell, right now he's still a top-10 QB.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:13 PM 03-14-2023
That's a nightmare division if Rodgers goes to the Jets.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:10 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
That's a nightmare division if Rodgers goes to the Jets.
Man Rodgers is washed. I don't know why so many ppl act like Jets are trading for a prime Rodgers.

He's better than anything they have but he's not going to go there and light it up. Especially w their Oline problems
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up