ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Eleazar 12:54 PM 03-07-2023
Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers, sources say

The New York Jets have had conversations with the Green Bay Packers and with quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week regarding a potential trade of the four-time MVP to the Jets, according to sources.

The sources said some of those conversations were expected to take place Tuesday, but that it's unclear as of Tuesday morning whether they will result in a trade.

Rodgers still has not made any announcements about what he intends to do this season. It's still possible he decides to retire, or to stay in Green Bay. But if he still wants to play and he and the Packers agree it's time for him to play somewhere else, the Jets appear to be a realistic option.

If the Jets are speaking directly with Rodgers, they and he would have had to secure the Packers' permission, as he is still under contract with Green Bay. So, the discussions Rodgers is having with the Jets indicate at least some openness on the part of the Packers to the idea of trading him there.

But there are potential complications to a deal, including Rodgers' huge and complicated contract, that might have to be addressed to make sure both teams would be in compliance with the salary cap by the start of the league year next Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Rodgers is under contract through 2024 for $108.8 million. Technically, the contract, signed last March, runs through 2026, but 2025 and 2026 are considered "dummy" years for cap purposes. His deal includes a fully guaranteed $59.5 million this season, with $58.3 million coming in the form of an option bonus, payable before the start of the regular season.

Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers wouldn't hobble the Jets' cap. He would count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

The Packers would get hit with a $40.3 million "dead" charge in 2023 -- nearly $9 million more than he'd count if he were on the roster.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:42 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rodgers is probably shocked and pissed that his only two options are the Jets or retirement… even Green Bay doesn’t want him back.

He doesn’t want to retire and he doesn’t want to play for the Jets… seemingly the only explanation for why he is delaying a decision.
He has to be the most hated person in football at the moment
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:47 AM 03-14-2023
Is Rodgers to the 49er's just stupid or? Feels like a no brainer
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:33 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
They’re rolling with Darnold, Lance, and Purdy.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:48 AM 03-14-2023
Don't see it after throwing some money at a backup QB and DL. They would be wanting to shed a few dollars to fit him under the cap.

Think they know that Green Bay is not sending him to a top team in the division. It is the Jets, compete for the starting spot or retire.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:57 AM 03-14-2023
Rodgers said during a golf tournament last month that he wasn't going to the 49ers.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 03-14-2023
The 49ers don't have the space for a big money QB, they're trying to win by paying everyone but the QB.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:57 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rodgers is probably shocked and pissed that his only two options are the Jets or retirement… even Green Bay doesn’t want him back.

He doesn’t want to retire and he doesn’t want to play for the Jets… seemingly the only explanation for why he is delaying a decision.
This absolutely has to be it. I can see him wanting to move on from Green Bay but man, there's no way he wants to go play for the Jets. It's just all he has left
[Reply]
Seanathon 12:32 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
He's no Dan Snyder.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:37 PM 03-14-2023
A-Aron wants the Jets to do anal, obvi

“According to reports, it sounds like the remaining trade issues involve the Jets doing things for Aaron that the Packers have done in recent years, and are no longer willing to do.”
[Reply]
seamonster 04:26 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Why does that matter? If I'm 90% of the league I'd give two first round picks for super bowl winning 4 time MVP that's one year removed from being the ****ing league MVP. Very weird. I watched Rodgers in person in 2022. He threw a forty yard DIME with a wrist motion. There's a small (less than three) group of QB's that could attempt that throw. I think much of the league is ran by reatards.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 PM 03-14-2023
LOL. This shitshow rodeo is still going on? :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:26 PM 03-14-2023
Rodgers just needs to quit. F him.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:29 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Why does that matter? If I'm 90% of the league I'd give two first round picks for super bowl winning 4 time MVP that's one year removed from being the ****ing league MVP. Very weird. I watched Rodgers in person in 2022. He threw a forty yard DIME with a wrist motion. There's a small (less than three) group of QB's that could attempt that throw. I think much of the league is ran by reatards.
That's the oddity to me too. If you said I could have any QB other than Mahomes for one year in a go-for-broke-to-win-it situation, Aaron Rodgers would be my guy. He is absolutely the next-best QB in the NFL and it's not close for me.

People discount just how good Rodgers is, for some reason. It's almost mind-boggling. I don't care if he wants anal massages, buy the guy some anal massages. Go try to win it. I don't know if it needs to be two 1's at age 39 but I'd give one up for sure.

Why aren't the Patriots in on it? Go try to get one more before you hang them up Bill... I mean fucking Mac isn't getting you there. Talk about wasting a really good defense.

Baltimore? Hello? What you doing? Lamar Jackson aint the answer. Get Rodgers and you probably piss-pound that division. WTF.

Miami? Going to go all-in a year ago on explosive weapons just to have brokedick Tua? Fuck it, go for it.

I think NFL teams play it too conservatively sometimes. The GMs with the big balls win championships.
[Reply]
tk13 07:36 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
People discount just how good Rodgers is, for some reason. It's almost mind-boggling. I don't care if he wants anal massages, buy the guy some anal massages. Go try to win it. I don't know if it needs to be two 1's at age 39 but I'd give one up for sure.
I think his 2010-2011 stretch might have been the best stretch of QB play in history Before Mahomes (B.M.) because he was just a monster. But I think those following years the Packers really failed him by never giving him a good defense in his prime, and then these last couple years he probably hasn't delivered when it mattered. Blew a golden opportunity at home against a 3 INT Brady performance in the NFC title game, came out flat against the Lions with the playoffs on the line this year, etc. Plus all his weird off the field stuff, but if he comes out focused with a new team I could see him having a great year and ripping it up.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:39 PM 03-14-2023

BREAKING: Aaron Rodgers has informed the Packers he’s retiring and taking a supervisor position at Silver Acres Rest Home. pic.twitter.com/IxY7RfsrBZ

— Shooter McGavin (@ShooterMcGavin_) March 14, 2023

[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up