ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Eleazar 12:54 PM 03-07-2023
Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers, sources say

The New York Jets have had conversations with the Green Bay Packers and with quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week regarding a potential trade of the four-time MVP to the Jets, according to sources.

The sources said some of those conversations were expected to take place Tuesday, but that it's unclear as of Tuesday morning whether they will result in a trade.

Rodgers still has not made any announcements about what he intends to do this season. It's still possible he decides to retire, or to stay in Green Bay. But if he still wants to play and he and the Packers agree it's time for him to play somewhere else, the Jets appear to be a realistic option.

If the Jets are speaking directly with Rodgers, they and he would have had to secure the Packers' permission, as he is still under contract with Green Bay. So, the discussions Rodgers is having with the Jets indicate at least some openness on the part of the Packers to the idea of trading him there.

But there are potential complications to a deal, including Rodgers' huge and complicated contract, that might have to be addressed to make sure both teams would be in compliance with the salary cap by the start of the league year next Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Rodgers is under contract through 2024 for $108.8 million. Technically, the contract, signed last March, runs through 2026, but 2025 and 2026 are considered "dummy" years for cap purposes. His deal includes a fully guaranteed $59.5 million this season, with $58.3 million coming in the form of an option bonus, payable before the start of the regular season.

Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers wouldn't hobble the Jets' cap. He would count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

The Packers would get hit with a $40.3 million "dead" charge in 2023 -- nearly $9 million more than he'd count if he were on the roster.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:01 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Better hope Arod approves of you.

If not this will get ugly.
He's just happy Zach Wilson isn't his QB anymore
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:06 PM 03-13-2023
desperately want mahomes to take out rodgers in the 2023 AFCCG

would add to his already legendary resume
[Reply]
notorious 02:58 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Carr?I I know it sounds weird, but he's definitely in that conversation
Holy shit. :-)

Not because I disagree, but because you are right!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:08 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Aaron Rodgers is totally that guy who sits there with the coke straw in his hand and rambles for 15 minutes while all eyes are on him.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
suzzer you actually made me laugh, this is spot on.
x2
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:48 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
He's just happy Zach Wilson isn't his QB anymore
Jets benched Wilson and still sucked.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:00 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
desperately want mahomes to take out rodgers in the 2023 AFCCG

would add to his already legendary resume
Revenge for 1986.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Carr?I I know it sounds weird, but he's definitely in that conversation
I bet he wins the shitass NFC South next season.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:12 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I bet he wins the shitass NFC South next season.
Depending on Carolina does, I would agree
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:00 PM 03-13-2023
It's going to be pretty funny when Rodgers finally decides he'll stay in GB for one more season and the NYJ look like idiots for starting the 2023 season without a viable QB. Again.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:54 PM 03-13-2023
What was the compensation.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:58 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What was the compensation.
The compensation is QB ****face inoculated Hamlet is still deciding.

I hope he contracts full blown AIDS from a monkey blood transfusion retreat.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:01 PM 03-13-2023
Oh Trey Wingo was wrong? Color me surprised. Green Bay is dumb as shit for giving the dude that contract last off season.

The guys a ****ing weirdo and loves that the spot light is shining on him. He will keep this charade up for as long as he possibly can.

People think Tom Brady is an attention whore, but he has nothing on Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Revenge for 1986.
that's a deep cut

blowfish can tell you a few things about that debacle :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:24 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The guys a ****ing weirdo and loves that the spot light is shining on him. He will keep this charade up for as long as he possibly can.
You are talking about Favre right ?:-):-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:41 PM 03-13-2023
Rodgers is probably shocked and pissed that his only two options are the Jets or retirement… even Green Bay doesn’t want him back.

He doesn’t want to retire and he doesn’t want to play for the Jets… seemingly the only explanation for why he is delaying a decision.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up