ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 270
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:54 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
So this is like the 4th thread on this topic but I'm surprised KC fans aren't more excited about the potential. I'd personally, LOVE to bring him in! There isn't a single WR in the draft with Hopkin's potential IMO, and he's the top WR available on the market being added to the #1 offense in the league. No doubt he'd be amazing here.

I'm happy offering a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year. Get it done Veach!
fuck no.

Glad you're not GM.

Just stop it already.

You sign a 31 yeard old WR to $20m plus (and he WILL want that, and wants a new deal with a trade) then you say goodbye to Sneed, and probably Bolton in the next couple of years, and you un-do a lot of the groundwork we laid last off-season. And you'd better cut MVS as well, because you've got too much tied up in the WR corps otherwise and you've got to pay Brown and Jones and congratulations! You've re-created a lesser version of the 2021 Chiefs. Maybe they can lose in the divisional round instead of the AFCCG!

This whole idea is dumb and a big step backwards. And it's not going to happen. so the conversation is doubly dumb.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:00 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ok, Homeless Hedo Rick.
Don’t stop Belize-ing! Liar!
[Reply]
lcarus 06:06 PM 03-01-2023
I wanted him 8 years ago. Now...nah. I'd rather draft the next star WR. Unless we could get him for next to nothing on a team friendly deal. Then I'd be fine with it.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:10 PM 03-01-2023
He's less than 2 yrs older than Tyreek, and his game doesn't rely on pure speed.
[Reply]
O.city 06:37 PM 03-01-2023
They’re always gonna keep weapons around pat

I don’t think they’ll do this but it wouldn’t shock me
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re always gonna keep weapons around pat

I don’t think they’ll do this but it wouldn’t shock me
Pretty much where I'm at. I don't think Veach will pay what Cards/DHop wants, but the prime directive is pretty clear: Get Andy as many weapons as possible every season. DHop would be one hell of a weapon. So i won't be surprised if he ends up in KC.
[Reply]
scho63 06:53 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
We’ve discussed this before and I’m still out.
I thought it was discussed at length too and I'm still a NO. :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:56 PM 03-01-2023
It has been reported that the Chiefs were in for AJ Brown and we know they tried to get OBJ before he went to the Rams. So that's consecutive seasons where they have tried so the notion that "they don't want a number one" is misleading.

The question is would anyone here NOT take Travis Kelce if he was at the Cards and 30 years old? Would anyone here not take Julio Jones from four years ago when he was 30 and putting up godly numbers? Randy Moss was also 30 years old when he had his incredible year with Brady.

Hopkins is a hall of fame talent and they don't grow on trees. If Pat wants him and he's not silly about a new contract then pull the trigger I say. Hopkins with Kelce and Pat would simply be unfair like KD joining the Warriors imo.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:58 PM 03-01-2023
I doubt it happens, but if its a team friendly deal, then why not?

I think sooner than not, the Mahomes Effect is gonna kick in where vets are gonna want to play here for their shot at a ring.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:05 PM 03-01-2023
If he stays healthy and hes 80% of what he once was he would slay. I don't think people have processed how good this offense is capable of being, even as good as they've been. That being said it must be the right price and doubt it happens.
[Reply]
srvy 07:05 PM 03-01-2023
Man I have always liked DHop but at 31 it would be risky and I am not a gambler. Glad we have Reid and Count Veachula.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:07 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty much where I'm at. I don't think Veach will pay what Cards/DHop wants, but the prime directive is pretty clear: Get Andy as many weapons as possible every season. DHop would be one hell of a weapon. So i won't be surprised if he ends up in KC.
I still think we are preparing for Andys final ride sooner vs later. Let's give him some fun toys to play with
[Reply]
New World Order 07:07 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Man I have always liked DHop but at 31 it would be risky and I am not a gambler. Glad we have Reid and Count Veachula.
Count Veachula
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:16 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You sign a 31 yeard old WR to $20m plus (and he WILL want that, and wants a new deal with a trade) then you say goodbye to Sneed, and probably Bolton in the next couple of years, and you un-do a lot of the groundwork we laid last off-season. And you'd better cut MVS as well, because you've got too much tied up in the WR corps otherwise and you've got to pay Brown and Jones and congratulations! You've re-created a lesser version of the 2021 Chiefs. Maybe they can lose in the divisional round instead of the AFCCG!

This whole idea is dumb and a big step backwards. And it's not going to happen. so the conversation is doubly dumb.

well said.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:16 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still think we are preparing for Andys final ride sooner vs later. Let's give him some fun toys to play with
Yeah, I'm thinking sooner rather than later at this point. And just how many shots at a true HOF receiver still in his prime are we going to get before Andy hangs them up? JC, giving Andy DHop is literally like KD going to the Warriors. Just hand over the Lombardi already. And blow the doors off of every scoring record in the book. Threepeat. Maybe Four-peat?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 270
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up