ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 197 of 270
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:10 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
This thread is getting dumb.

The thread title is "Do we want DeHop?" The answer to that question for any Chiefs fan should be "yes, we would be stupid to not want DeHop because he would instantly be the best receiver on the team and fits a huge need." The question then becomes at what cost, if you were Brett Veach, would you be a buyer? The answer to that question, at least for me, is simple. You don't trade anything above a third round pick if you are only trading one pick or anything above a fourth round pick if you are trading more than one pick. You also have to restructure his contract. A restructure to get his cap hit down to 8-10 million this year would be palatable. I don't know what that looks like or how feasible it is, but that is the only way I would make the trade.
And then the question becomes-

If YOU were Arizona's GM, and you had Hopkins under contract and not much offensive talent anywhere else for your midget QB getting paid a ton of money, would you send Hopkins packing for a fucking third or fourth round pick?

Because I wouldn't.

And so the entire discussion is pretty silly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:24 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

If YOU were Arizona's GM, and you had Hopkins under contract and not much offensive talent anywhere else for your midget QB getting paid a ton of money, would you send Hopkins packing for a ****ing third or fourth round pick?

Because I wouldn't.

The cards at this point have to make do with what they have in kylers contract and adapt. And helping out a qb who has zero desire to be helped isn’t the way to go. They need to get under the cap responsibly and either rebuild around Kyler so they have a good team the instant they can cut bait or you turn that into an elite defensive team with a great running game and a midget who can freelance to avoid pressure because that’s all he’s really good for.

It isnt about the picks. For the cards they want to salary dump Hopkins
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The cards at this point have to make do with what they have in kylers contract and adapt. And helping out a qb who has zero desire to be helped isn’t the way to go. They need to get under the cap responsibly and either rebuild around Kyler so they have a good team the instant they can cut bait or you turn that into an elite defensive team with a great running game and a midget who can freelance to avoid pressure because that’s all he’s really good for.

It isnt about the picks. For the cards they want to salary dump Hopkins
That's a good way to get everybody fired.

Hopkins is probably the best player on that whole team when he's healthy. You're not doing dick without him.

If you can't get a haul of picks with which to replace him, you don't move him. It's dumb. Of course, they were dumb to draft Murray, and dumb to pay him, and dumb to hire Kliff, and most everything they do is dumb, really, but trading Hopkins for a fourth round pick is monumentally stupid and gets you fired.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 AM 03-29-2023
They’re not getting fired for moving an expensive wr when they’re entering a full on rebuild
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:55 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re not getting fired for moving an expensive wr when they’re entering a full on rebuild
Especially since there appears to be beef between him and Murray. Guessing that's the main reason they're looking to move him. D-Hop doesn't want to play there anymore, I think that's pretty clear. So just move on, you're years away from being competitive again.
[Reply]
TRR 07:17 AM 03-29-2023
I don’t expect we see any Hopkins movement on a trade until Odell signs, or we are within a few days of the draft.

…now that I’ve said that, we should see movement from both today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
This thread is getting dumb.

The thread title is "Do we want DeHop?" The answer to that question for any Chiefs fan should be "yes, we would be stupid to not want DeHop because he would instantly be the best receiver on the team and fits a huge need." The question then becomes at what cost, if you were Brett Veach, would you be a buyer? The answer to that question, at least for me, is simple. You don't trade anything above a third round pick if you are only trading one pick or anything above a fourth round pick if you are trading more than one pick. You also have to restructure his contract. A restructure to get his cap hit down to 8-10 million this year would be palatable. I don't know what that looks like or how feasible it is, but that is the only way I would make the trade.
Exactly.

The simple answer is "yes". Everybody should WANT Hopkins. It's just a question of how much compensation you're willing to give up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:21 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Especially since there appears to be beef between him and Murray. Guessing that's the main reason they're looking to move him. D-Hop doesn't want to play there anymore, I think that's pretty clear. So just move on, you're years away from being competitive again.
Yeah, I think the new leadership recognizes they made a mistake with Kyler. They’re not going to lean into that mistake. Rebuild. If anything try to win in spite of the passing game and have the roster in a much better place so you can cut and run as soon as you can. Almost wonder if they just take the $33m dead cap on Kyler in 2025 just to get out of it.

Maybe they’ll give new coaches a chance to fix Kyler but the overwhelming evidence seems to point to Arizona wanting to get the hell out of that contract immediately. Would’ve thought denver would do the same with Russell and am still baffled that they’re tripling down on it and that Sean Payton wanted to join that shit show
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 03-29-2023
I do think if you can add Hopkins or Odell and they are what everyone seems to hope they are, it allows the rest of the WR room to slot in really well. Hopkins can do alot of the stuff you ask Kelce to do as well, which takes alot of stress of Trav.

You can use Toney to do alot of the "move" stuff that he really is suited for and Moor can play that inside move slot role.
[Reply]
TEX 11:10 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, I think the new leadership recognizes they made a mistake with Kyler. They’re not going to lean into that mistake. Rebuild. If anything try to win in spite of the passing game and have the roster in a much better place so you can cut and run as soon as you can. Almost wonder if they just take the $33m dead cap on Kyler in 2025 just to get out of it.

Maybe they’ll give new coaches a chance to fix Kyler but the overwhelming evidence seems to point to Arizona wanting to get the hell out of that contract immediately. Would’ve thought denver would do the same with Russell and am still baffled that they’re tripling down on it and that Sean Payton wanted to join that shit show
It's a money grab for Payton.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:51 AM 03-29-2023

If YOU were Arizona's GM, and you had Hopkins under contract and not much offensive talent anywhere else for your midget QB getting paid a ton of money, would you send Hopkins packing for a ****ing third or fourth round pick?

Because I wouldn't.

Except Kyler will likely miss a big chunk of the season
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 03-29-2023

Hopkins is probably the best player on that whole team when he's healthy. You're not doing dick without him.

If you can't get a haul of picks with which to replace him, you don't move him. It's dumb. Of course, they were dumb to draft Murray, and dumb to pay him, and dumb to hire Kliff, and most everything they do is dumb, really, but trading Hopkins for a fourth round pick is monumentally stupid and gets you fired.
THEY JUST HIRED ALL THOSE GUYS.

New regimes make changes, maybe they'd rather have the cap space to build the team the way they want?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 03-29-2023

They can't get fired; they just hired these people.

ARI wants to trade Hopkins; it's a salary dump, according to people around here. They want to dump his salary, and they also need picks to begin the rebuild. Kyler won't play for over half the season is the current outlook in PHX, and the ARI FO is apparently looking at it as a chance to dump some cap and draft some new blood to see what direction they're going to go with Kyler, or not.

Hopkins is the only player they have that's worth more than a pick or two, and creates real space with the cap.

Again, I don't think KC will be able to offer enough to get Hopkins, but someone will pony up enough picks and take over paying most of his salary, and ARI will trade him as soon as that happens.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:17 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Except Kyler will likely miss a big chunk of the season
Happened in November iirc. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Lil' Resting Bitch Face misses the whole season.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I do think if you can add Hopkins or Odell and they are what everyone seems to hope they are, it allows the rest of the WR room to slot in really well. Hopkins can do alot of the stuff you ask Kelce to do as well, which takes alot of stress of Trav.

You can use Toney to do alot of the "move" stuff that he really is suited for and Moor can play that inside move slot role.
Yes, and it completely opens up the draft.
[Reply]
Page 197 of 270
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Up