ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 171
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:00 PM 03-16-2023
On Netflix, Cyberpunk Edgerunners is a good watch if you like Ghost in the Shell anime. It's less glum, and like the original GITS anime movie it's for adults.

Giancarlo Esposito's in it
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:54 PM 03-16-2023
Who has watched "The Strain"? Just watched the first episode tonight and it has me intrigued.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:29 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Who has watched "The Strain"? Just watched the first episode tonight and it has me intrigued.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ght=The+Strain

I liked it, probably a better binge that an episode a week series
[Reply]
kevrunner 12:02 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Just an FYI... the wife and I just wrapped up Season 3 and it is an excellent show but there isn't going to be a Season 4. The wife and I both thought it was a good way to end the show but also leaves you wanting another season or 2.
I wished it had another season. If you remember in season 3 someone calls him The Magician. I had no idea why he was called that. I just learned that before he did this series, Mr. Inbetween, he had made a mockumentaey called “The Magician”, based on the same character, looks to be at least 10 years earlier. I haven’t watched it yet but I was surprised to find the full version on YouTube. Here’s the link in case anyone has interests.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 03-18-2023
Finally gave in to my daughter and started Stranger Things. Absolutely fascinating.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:36 PM 03-20-2023
I watched the first episode of Lucky Hank with Bob Odenkirk. It’s sort of a comedy drama and I enjoyed it.

I had no idea 1899 got cancelled. I enjoyed that show.

Mind Hunter is a show that comes to mind for a show getting cancelled unexpectedly for me. Though it lasted two seasons not one it’s another example of getting excited about a show only to have it end.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:10 AM 03-22-2023
Just about to finish up season one of a very well done series on HBO Max, Perry Mason.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:06 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Just about to finish up season one of a very well done series on HBO Max, Perry Mason.

I'm kind of curious to watch. He was so good in "The Americans".
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 AM 03-22-2023
I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:01 PM 03-22-2023
Severance on Apple TV is weird and great show.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:23 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Severance on Apple TV is weird and great show.
Enjoy! It really sticks the landing hard by the time Season 1 finishes.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:41 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.
I also watched the first season and enjoyed it and this one is following it well.

Matthew Rhys is great just like he was in The Americans.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:43 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I also watched the first season and enjoyed it and this one is following it well.

Matthew Rhys is great just like he was in The Americans.
Agreed. I think he is extraordinarily undervalued as an actor. He can put so much nuance into his performance. It's really a shame he doesn't get more work.

Sidenote: He was on The Watch Podcast, and he is insanely Brittish. Holy shit. That makes his performances all the better.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:21 PM 03-22-2023
Oh my word, the Succession season 4 reviews are dropping and so are my pants:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/succession/s04
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:35 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. I think he is extraordinarily undervalued as an actor. He can put so much nuance into his performance. It's really a shame he doesn't get more work.

Sidenote: He was on The Watch Podcast, and he is insanely Brittish. Holy shit. That makes his performances all the better.
Yup, his accent makes me cringe when I hear it.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 171
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up