ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 172
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 12-22-2022
A decent horror series that I just stumbled upon. Let the Right One In. There's been a movie of the same name, and then a remake of the original movie. But this is a 10 episode series from Showtime. It takes the general theme of the movies, with a bit of a twist. I've been really pleasantly surprised, because I never heard anything about it when it was initially released.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:42 PM 12-26-2022
Reservation Dogs on Hulu. Really well done and unique. Great acting and script. If it’s your cup of tea, you’ll respect and love it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:47 AM 12-27-2022
Not sure why I waited so long to start The White Lotus.

Season 1 is some really great TV.

Season 2 isn't quite as good but still highly enjoyable.

Looking forward to Season 3 later this week.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:58 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not sure why I waited so long to start The White Lotus.

Season 1 is some really great TV.

Season 2 isn't quite as good but still highly enjoyable.

Looking forward to Season 3 later this week.
I jumped in at Season 2 last week. Just finished it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, since it didn't seem to be my kind of show, I watched with the wife over Christmas break. All the characters are great but F. Murray Abraham and Aubrey Plaza stole the show for me.

Gonna watch Season 1 next. Is Season 3 really coming out this week?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:04 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I jumped in at Season 2 last week. Just finished it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, since it didn't seem to be my kind of show, I watched with the wife over Christmas break. All the characters are great but F. Murray Abraham and Aubrey Plaza stole the show for me.

Gonna watch Season 1 next. Is Season 3 really coming out this week?
Shoot you're right, looks like Season 3 release is far away yet. Not sure why I thought it was out over Christmas. May have been confused with reading it was getting confirmed as being released.

That's a bummer.

We did something similar and binged it over the Christmas break. Its been great. Really easy show to rattle off 3-4 episodes.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:18 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Shoot you're right, looks like Season 3 release is far away yet. Not sure why I thought it was out over Christmas. May have been confused with reading it was getting confirmed as being released.

That's a bummer.

We did something similar and binged it over the Christmas break. Its been great. Really easy show to rattle off 3-4 episodes.
Yeah, Season 3 won't likely come until about this time next year. You may have read it was confirmed for a 3rd season but that was a given due to the reception it's received. Rumors have it taking place in Japan (or somewhere in Asia) and covering eastern religion/death as theme.

Terrific show though, I agree.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:29 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I've been binge watching "What We Do in the Shadows" for the past week or so on Hulu. Hilarious show.
It really is. Season 1 when the Baron ate human food and projectile vomited all over the place I was hooked.

The movie is even better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:53 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This show is amazing.

And this latest episode released today - Me Time - is on par with any TV episode I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Claire Danes is fucking brilliant. What a great show.
Have you watched the final episode?

I thought it was profoundly good. Not the conclusion I was expecting but certainly the conclusion I should have expected.

And I thought the messaging (which is the point of all this) was really well done. My life is virtually nothing like any of these characters except my age. Even my motivations aren’t even close. I’m not looking to recapture my youth and I haven’t grown apart from my spouse. But the messaging was articulate and powerful, and ultimately profound.

I’m open to it being impressive to me because I’m a simpleton. But I think it’s really good. And just the words alone wouldn’t carry the weight without the story and performances.

This wasn’t what I expected when I started it but damn am I glad I did. Bravo.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:38 PM 12-31-2022
So after a decade plus, I decided to give Battlestar Galactica another watch. I'm only 5 episodes in (plus the pilot which was outstanding) and I'm blown away at how good this show has held up over the years. Ronald Moore struck gold with this show. It can get heavy handed from time to time with all the religious implications, but every show is a story worthy of being its own to this point. If you've never seen this, well first off what's wrong with you, but most importantly move it to the front of your queue. You won't be disappointed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:42 PM 12-31-2022
I binged Wednesday in one day yesterday and I think it might be the best thing Tim Burton has ever created. Recommend!
[Reply]
Holladay 07:45 PM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by :
I binged Wednesday in one day yesterday and I think it might be the best thing Tim Burton has ever created. Recommend!
Agreed. Posted basically the same thing a few weeks ago. Recommended.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:47 PM 12-31-2022
I just finished the Lincoln Lawyer stream.

Wow. Quite good. A number of twists and entertaining especially the last 5 minutes of the last episode. Damn, he is brutal:-)

One great point viewing Netflix on the computer (assuming you can't do this on the TV) is to set the screen/viewing speed from 50% playback up to 150%. I watch at 125% thus I can binge quicker:-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 01-06-2023, 08:43 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
HemiEd 01-07-2023, 08:24 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
BigBeauford 06:58 AM 01-10-2023
The Last of Us coming into some spiiiicy reviews. Some hint it could go down in the pantheon of greatest HBO shows.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:54 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The Last of Us coming into some spiiiicy reviews. Some hint it could go down in the pantheon of greatest HBO shows.
:-) I may give that dude a look.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:09 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-) I may give that dude a look.
Craig Mazin is a big name behind it (Chernobyl). Seems like he doesn't miss.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 172
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up