ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****THE OFFICIAL CIGAR THREAD*****
Bwana 06:06 PM 07-06-2010
About the only cigars I have ever tied into, other than a few Cuban Cohiba's before a few years ago, were nasty stock. I started flying to Belize every year on vacation and while I was there, I started trying several different varieties and was pleasantly surprised. At this point I have two humidors and several different selections. I still don't smoke that many, but I break one out on Friday nights, or when the boys are over for a beer. Are any of you guys into cigars?
[Reply]
emaw82 07:37 PM 10-29-2022
I haven't had a good Gurkha yet,. It admittedly I've only tried their lower end stuff. They are another brand that prices way too high. I've heard their higher end stuff is decent, but there are enough other good smokes out there that I'm not too tempted to try them. If you check out r/cigars you can read a ton of reviews on their stuff. My Father is a phenomenal brand. The Judge is awesome.
[Reply]
scho63 08:46 PM 10-29-2022
Just got my Cigar International order to help build stock. :-)

(10 box) Oliva Series V Melanio - they were on a HUGE sale
(9 cigars) Altadis Sampler pack - all good and some really top notch ones
(5 pack) Henry Clay War Hawk - great cigar, underrated.
Attached: 20221029_185838_HDR.jpg (95.4 KB) 
[Reply]
In58men 08:53 PM 10-29-2022
Enjoying a Flor de Oliva and some German hot red wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
scho63 08:19 AM 10-30-2022
This mornings selection:
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Epicure
Henry Clay War Hawk Toro
Romeo and Julieta 1875 Reserva Real

I also just bought a SINGLE flame torch as my triple torch lighters have been burning the wrappers on my cigars when I light them outside.

This new baby is GREAT. $17 Called Jobon, bought on Amazon.
Attached: Cigars.jpg.jpg (96.8 KB) Lighter.jpg.jpg (80.1 KB) 
[Reply]
emaw82 05:10 PM 10-30-2022
I'm smoking a War Hawk right now. Agree that it is a great stick. Had a Caldwell LLtK Mad Mofo earlier after some yard work. Caldwell has some great stuff.

I've been able to enjoy cigars out by the fire pit the last few nights. I usually have 8-10 per week, but I'll slow way down this winter with the colder weather. I'll just build onto my stash for the most part. I've been carrying around 140 sticks in 4 humis right now, but am thinking of getting a Needone 48l cooler so I can carry a few more and not worry about temperature fluctuations.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:43 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by emaw82:
I haven't had a good Gurkha yet,. It admittedly I've only tried their lower end stuff. They are another brand that prices way too high. I've heard their higher end stuff is decent, but there are enough other good smokes out there that I'm not too tempted to try them. If you check out r/cigars you can read a ton of reviews on their stuff. My Father is a phenomenal brand. The Judge is awesome.
Interesting, I thought I was the only one underwhelmed by Gurkha. I’ve always had issues with construction, gave them up years ago.
[Reply]
srvy 05:44 PM 10-30-2022
Any pipe smokers? I occasionally smoke a cigar but a pipe is more relaxing for me.
[Reply]
emaw82 05:46 PM 10-30-2022
I know it's gimicky, but I'm excited to try the new DE Blackened M81 that they're releasing in collaboration with Metallica. It is a triple Maduro. I love the Camacho Triple Maduro. Wonder if this will have a similar profile.
[Reply]
emaw82 05:51 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Any pipe smokers? I occasionally smoke a cigar but a pipe is more relaxing for me.
I have a bunch of pipes in a case that were handed down to me by my grandfather, but have not gotten into that. I loved going to his house and smelling the pipe tobacco smoke when I was growing up. It is definitely a better smell than cigars. Cigars are super relaxing for me. I love going out back after work and just chilling for an hour or so with a cigar and a good book.
[Reply]
scho63 08:16 PM 10-30-2022
I had two uncles smoke pipes back in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid.

My older uncle smoked Black Jack and the other uncle smoked one flavored with apple. Can't remember.

Never interested in a pipe but I liked the smell as a kid.
[Reply]
scho63 08:26 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by emaw82:
I'm smoking a War Hawk right now. Agree that it is a great stick. Had a Caldwell LLtK Mad Mofo earlier after some yard work. Caldwell has some great stuff.

I've been able to enjoy cigars out by the fire pit the last few nights. I usually have 8-10 per week, but I'll slow way down this winter with the colder weather. I'll just build onto my stash for the most part. I've been carrying around 140 sticks in 4 humis right now, but am thinking of getting a Needone 48l cooler so I can carry a few more and not worry about temperature fluctuations.
I've always be tempted to buy one of the Caldwells but never pulled the trigger.

Have you ever smoked any Brick House? I have not.

I own a 250 capacity Newair electric humidor. I love it. Works great. I also have a 50 cedar lined humidor for overflow and when I need to dry my cigars out from 72-74% humidity. I prefer a moist cigar.

The only cigar that gives me a lot of trouble with a >70% humidity is the Alec Bradley Prensado. It's oily wrapper holds a lot of moisture.
[Reply]
scho63 08:03 AM 11-01-2022
This morning's menu:
Rocky Patel Decade Robusto
Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestro
[Reply]
scho63 07:03 AM 11-02-2022
Today's lineup:
H. Upmann the Banker Toro
Oliva "O" Series Robusto
Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:18 AM 11-02-2022
Hard to smoke a pipe without looking obnoxiously pretentious, but the smoke is so much cleaner and pleasant than a cigar's. Have to put a pipe on my "to-Do" list. That said, I haven't smoked many cigars lately, mainly due to my crappy humidors. I'm not sure of the price point for a decent humidor ($150+?), but it is definitely more than I have spent in the past! Those GD boxes with the cheap plastic hygrometer and humidifier with sponge just don't cut it if you spende $5+ per stick.
[Reply]
scho63 10:20 AM 11-02-2022
You can buy an excellent humidor for $60-75.

Never buy one with a glass top as they leak humidity and no true cigar smoker buys those. Make sure it has a digital hygrometer and those cost $7-10 if not included.

Inside MUST be Spanish Cedar.

Also buy humidity packs as thet work much better than a sponge with either distilled water or cigar juice.

Never use tap water, ONLY distilled.

When you first get a humidor you want to condition it with a clean sponge and distillled water. You take a damp sponge and wipe all the cedar and any slats to dampen them.

65-72% humidity is best.

Humidor should never be in direct sunlight.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up