ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****THE OFFICIAL CIGAR THREAD*****
Bwana 06:06 PM 07-06-2010
About the only cigars I have ever tied into, other than a few Cuban Cohiba's before a few years ago, were nasty stock. I started flying to Belize every year on vacation and while I was there, I started trying several different varieties and was pleasantly surprised. At this point I have two humidors and several different selections. I still don't smoke that many, but I break one out on Friday nights, or when the boys are over for a beer. Are any of you guys into cigars?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:32 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

Last 5 pack I had of La Gloria Cubana tasted horrible, really bitter. About 5-6 months ago. I had them years ago and were good so I was shocked.
Hmm, that’s troubling. This is a brand new line, I’ll let you know after I smoke it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:34 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by emaw82:
Jesus man, it was in direct response to a question asking about sweetened cigars. Love how you quoted one of my posts raving about a cigar I mentioned, then posted this about my reply that was trying to be helpful to another user. And some of the cigars you mentioned can absolutely routinely be had for under $5 online (I've purchased packs of the Melanio you posted a pic of for $4 per stick twice in the last few months, for example). CigarPage and CBid are your friend... You don't always have to pay brick and mortar prices.

But anyway, enjoy your conversation I guess. I'll go back to lurking on this board.
Stick around, Aggie! :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:37 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I used to enjoy the occasional cigar back in the day. I still wouldn't mind having one every now and then, but I was a smoker for 40 years and finally kicked the habit 5 years ago. I'm worried that if I were to have one, it may lead me back to smoking, so I just stay away.
That’s my dad. He finally quit cigarettes 30 years ago, and I used to offer him cigars after I got into them in 2000, but he said he was afraid he’d relapse.
[Reply]
scho63 03:38 PM 10-26-2022
Emaw, no offense intended.

I gave you props for the Oliva Master blends so you know a good smoke.

Stuff like Acid cigars are not my cup of tea. I know a lot of people smoke them.
[Reply]
Monty 06:57 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I've NEVER had a bad Padron. They are the creme of the crop IMHO.
I don't order them since they are so pricey. I buy singles at a high end cigar store in Paradise Valley.
I like the 1964 Series Natural #9
That's the exact cigar.

Amazing!

Yes, pricey. I can afford to have another sometime next year. :-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:04 PM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I used to enjoy the occasional cigar back in the day. I still wouldn't mind having one every now and then, but I was a smoker for 40 years and finally kicked the habit 5 years ago. I'm worried that if I were to have one, it may lead me back to smoking, so I just stay away.
That’s very wise of you. I was off cigs for like 10 years and for some reason had a cigar. You know the saying, one thing leads to another.
[Reply]
scho63 10:40 AM 10-27-2022
This mornings smokes:
Macanudo Hyde Park Cafe
Monticristo Platinum Series Toro
[Reply]
scho63 10:49 AM 10-28-2022
Went upscale this morning
E.P. Carillo Encore Torpeedo
Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestro

Both are in my Top 5 favorite smokes
[Reply]
scho63 01:58 PM 10-28-2022
Decide to smoke one more inside my home:
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore Duque
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:41 PM 10-28-2022
Smoking a CAO Nicaragua Toro tonight
[Reply]
scho63 02:26 AM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Smoking a CAO Nicaragua Toro tonight
I've only smoked the CAO V660 Flathead Gordo. Still have 2 left.

What king of flavor profile and strengths does the CAO line have?

Which do you recommend?
[Reply]
emaw82 06:54 PM 10-29-2022
The Flathead is one of my favorite CAO lines. I love a good Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. The MX2, BX3, Brazilia Gol, and Cameroon are also good. I have a 10 pack of the Cameroon perfectos on the way from CigarPlace for a smaller winter smoke.
[Reply]
scho63 07:20 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by emaw82:
The Flathead is one of my favorite CAO lines. I love a good Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. The MX2, BX3, Brazilia Gol, and Cameroon are also good. I have a 10 pack of the Cameroon perfectos on the way from CigarPlace for a smaller winter smoke.
How funny you mention Cameroon. One of the big surprise cigars I like is the H Upmann Vintage Cameroon. You never hear it mentioned or talked about but I thought it was easily a Top 5 Upside surprise of all the cigars I smoked.

I will look into the Cameroons you mentioned.

Two cigar brands that many people love but I don't is Gurkha and Perdomo. I was underwhelmed by both, smoking 3-4 in each.

Another that people like but was a horrible smoke for me was the Red Dot Cohiba. Was rolled so tight, flavor was bitter and not a fan.

My Father makes GREAT cigars

La Flor Domenica has great full bodied cigars including the Double Digger Ligero that almost knocked me on my ass.

The Macanudo Inspirado Orange is my favorite by far of their brand.
[Reply]
emaw82 07:30 PM 10-29-2022
The Upmann Vameroon is good. Don Carlos is probably the Cameroon all others are judged by (for good reason). For cheaper ones, I like the Nub, Olica Serie G, and Cohiba Red. Definitely not MSRP for the Cohiba... I think they price them around $20 and they're not worth that. You can find them for $3 or $4 per stick on CBid, though. Same with the Cohiba Black. That is another good Connecticut Broadleaf cigar.
[Reply]
emaw82 07:30 PM 10-29-2022
Spelling was horrible on my mobile, but you get it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up