ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****THE OFFICIAL CIGAR THREAD*****
Bwana 06:06 PM 07-06-2010
About the only cigars I have ever tied into, other than a few Cuban Cohiba's before a few years ago, were nasty stock. I started flying to Belize every year on vacation and while I was there, I started trying several different varieties and was pleasantly surprised. At this point I have two humidors and several different selections. I still don't smoke that many, but I break one out on Friday nights, or when the boys are over for a beer. Are any of you guys into cigars?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:18 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
La Gloria Cubana

/thread
Thread not over, but those are good.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:19 PM 07-09-2010
I still get an occasional Thompson catalog, but I prefer Cigars International.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/
[Reply]
Lzen 05:50 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by boogblaster:
My bro used to buy several different brands from the Thomson Cigar Co .. out of Florida .. they usually had a monthly special that was decent in price and taste ...
I already mentioned them. I like to order from them.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:54 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I still get an occasional Thompson catalog, but I prefer Cigars International.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/
I'll have to check them out. I just put in a bid at Thompson auctions, though. If I win that, I won't be buying any more for a couple weeks.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:59 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by Lzen:
George Carlin?
no, THIS would be george carlin;

"freud used to say that 'sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar'

YEAH, WELL SOMETIMES IT'S A BIG BROWN DICK!"
[Reply]
boogblaster 09:16 PM 07-09-2010
Just went to the international site .. Rothschild Maduros 25 for 39.95 .. sounds like a good deal ...
[Reply]
LOCOChief 09:43 PM 07-09-2010
Well if anyone cared to know my opinion on the subject I'd have to sayTampa Gold.

They're made 92 year old gentleman from I think St. Pete twho was taught by his Cuban father who had made them by trade. He supposedly has no protégé, no student or children. He doesn't make them for the money, and his prices are never affected by tax hikes or inflation if you know what I mean cost remaining about $60 for a bakers dozen.

Cigar room, Venice, FL (941) 485-0837
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:54 PM 07-09-2010
aside from how similar looking they are to actual sticks, why are they called sticks?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:27 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ighlight=Cigar
Some great info in this thread, especially from FMB, but I bumped this one because its more current.

I'm new to cigar smoking. I've traveled through the Caribbean and done the when in Rome thing with Cubans, but never really knew what I was doing or appreciated what I was smoking. Been buying some sticks lately and enjoying them. Some I've had that I've enjoyed are:

Rocky Patel: '92 and the Decade ('90 is next on my list)
Acid: Blondie (good starter cigar and hot weather smoke)

For the fights tonight I've got an Arturo Fuente Cuban Belisco which I've enjoyed a couple of weekends ago.

I like a good 30-45 minute smoke that doesn't overpower me and comes in under $10.

I'd take some publication recommendations if anyone has any. I don't have a humidor so I'm a one at a time purchaser
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:48 PM 06-06-2021
Just recently got into cigars, ordered a sample pack from BestCigarPrices.com and went through all 5 already. They were all supposedly some of the top rated cigars and all were decent enough but none were sweet on the lips like I had at a poker game a couple years ago that I thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately the person who gave it to me passed a while back and I never thought to ask him what kind it was.

Any recommendations for a sweet, mild cigar? Nothing from a gas station please.
[Reply]
Otter 06:12 PM 06-06-2021
Just ordered a 5 pack.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/p/drew...-cigars/67167/

I'm good for the year as it's only a special occasion.
[Reply]
srvy 06-07-2021, 05:22 AM
This message has been deleted by srvy.
scho63 10:03 PM 10-25-2022
Don't know how I missed this thread.

I am an avid cigar smoker for 41 years. First ones I smoked were Te Amos and Macanudos.

Now I have a 250 Newair electric cigar humidor, a 25 cedar lined humidor and smoke a lot of top notch stogies. I was in Cuba in March/April 2000 and smoked an H. Upmann, a Partagas and a Romeo and Julieta while there. Toured both the H.Upmann and Partagas factories in Havana. I also smoked Cuban's during the year I liveed in Toronto.

Right now I am firing up a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. The brand pre-embargo was one of Winston Churchill's favorite brands. It's a great cigar.

My current inventory is attached along with my 2 Humidors and tonight's cigar.
Attached: CAPTURE 1.jpg (108.6 KB) 20221025_203047_HDR.jpg (108.9 KB) 20221025_203620_HDR.jpg (62.7 KB) KC Chiefs Humidor.jpg (73.8 KB) 20221025_210139.jpg (77.4 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 10:15 PM 10-25-2022
Me smoking cigars back in the late 80's.

First photo was me in a house I bought with a buddy that we remodeled and turned into a crazy high end bachelor pad. Wild and fun times. Taken in 1989
I'm smoking a Te Amo Maduro

The second is me in the Cayman Islands with an early love of my life. She was the photographer. Taken in 1987
Im smoking a Cuban Punch
Attached: Slide11.JPG (53.9 KB) Capture 1.jpg (36.5 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 10:19 PM 10-25-2022
I'll go on my porch as early as 5:30 am and start firing up my cigars with a cup of coffee. I can smoke as many as 5 in about 6 hours.

Always top shelf stuff - I'm a spoiled SOB
Attached: Stogies.jpg (135.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 07:13 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Don't know how I missed this thread.

I am an avid cigar smoker for 41 years. First ones I smoked were Te Amos and Macanudos.

Now I have a 250 Newair electric cigar humidor, a 25 cedar lined humidor and smoke a lot of top notch stogies. I was in Cuba in March/April 2000 and smoked an H. Upmann, a Partagas and a Romeo and Julieta while there. Toured both the H.Upmann and Partagas factories in Havana. I also smoked Cuban's during the year I liveed in Toronto.

Right now I am firing up a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. The brand pre-embargo was one of Winston Churchill's favorite brands. It's a great cigar.

My current inventory is attached along with my 2 Humidors and tonight's cigar.
Wow! You are really into cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up