ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>E-bikes
Stewie 01:53 PM 03-28-2023
I've been looking at e-bikes lately and I'm wondering if anyone here has advice.

It's quite obvious that 99% come from China, but most have decent components.

It gets boring on the elliptical and I miss riding. I'm at an age that be I can't deal with steep hills on a traditional bike.

Any help from e-bike owners would be appreciated.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:39 PM 03-29-2023
This is mine.
Attached: C80DAAAC-740B-4199-9582-5029605D8712.jpg (39.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Stewie 01:49 PM 03-30-2023
Hummer makes an e-bike, too. Crazy.

https://electrek.co/2022/10/31/gmc-h...electric-bike/
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:49 PM 03-30-2023
Last year I bought an Lectric eBike XP 2.0 Long Range. Love it and try to ride when I can.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:33 PM 03-30-2023
What type of riding environment do you guys have? I'm in the middle of the city and it scares me to death to ride on the streets. We have a paved multi-use trail about a half a mile from my house and I pretty much only ride there.

To be clear, I don't have an e-bike. I just have a regular bike.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:58 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What type of riding environment do you guys have? I'm in the middle of the city and it scares me to death to ride on the streets. We have a paved multi-use trail about a half a mile from my house and I pretty much only ride there.

I live in a pretty small town (about 10k) but I ride on the lesser used streets because there is alot of stupid drivers that might run a stop sign and smoosh me. At least with an eBike I can accelerate pretty quickly though if need be.

I am also going to try to ride it on the Katy trail when the weather stabilizes.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:32 PM 03-30-2023
I pulled the trigger today.

Everything I want for $1099 including tax and shipping.

26" fat tire
1000 watt hub motor. 48v battery
Hydraulic brakes
Quick disconnect lines
Large LED display
Cell phone holder and charging
21 speed Shimano derailer

More, but those are the basics.

My first e'bike, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money.

Will be here Tuesday. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Stewie 05:40 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

We have a 17 mile path about 1/4 mile away. That's the majority of riding. Parks, lakes and restaurants along the way.

The difference with an e-bike in city riding is that you can go full throttle and not be a hinderence to traffic. You can dial up to 20-30 mph in no time with the torque of electric motors.
[Reply]
Stewie 06:32 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I live in a pretty small town (about 10k) but I ride on the lesser used streets because there is alot of stupid drivers that might run a stop sign and smoosh me. At least with an eBike I can accelerate pretty quickly though if need be.

I am also going to try to ride it on the Katy trail when the weather stabilizes.
The Katy trail is my ultimate goal. I'll have a 2nd battery to extend my range. Shelf stable food if needed. I think 45 miles per day is feasible. Shelter and recharging will be a need. I don't think it will be a problem.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:50 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I pulled the trigger today.

Everything I want for $1099 including tax and shipping.

26" fat tire
1000 watt hub motor. 48v battery
Hydraulic brakes
Quick disconnect lines
Large LED display
Cell phone holder and charging
21 speed Shimano derailer

More, but those are the basics.

My first e'bike, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money.

Will be here Tuesday. Can't wait.
Where did you find it ?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:46 AM 03-31-2023
I built mine a few years back. Need to replace the controller but haven’t gotten around to it
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up