ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
JakeF 10:51 AM 03-20-2021
We don't have anyone to play opposite of Clark. Ingram is a solid guy who is a good pass rusher when healthy.

As long as the money isn't huge.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:52 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's had injury problems and declining production, and he's over 30. There's nothing speculative about that.

He's 247 lbs, which is very small for a 3 down DE in Spags system. Find me another guy who started and played all the snaps for Spags at that weight. I'm not talking about situational/rotational guys.

Ingram is more of a 3-4 OLB type physically. His best usage would not be on first down, and playing 50 snaps a game. He's not at that stage in his career.

You're confusing what you WANT to be true and what all of the evidence says IS true.

Still a good player, and would be a good signing, and can be a difference maker, but I think you rotate him out on early downs, short yardage, and early in games and use him on passing downs and especially late in games where he will be really effective.
Declining production? Last year he was injured for the majority of the season so that is not really a clear indication that he's slowing down. Before that he had four years of getting seven or more sacks. And as others have pointed out we play a ton of nickle so imo that undermines your argument when it pertains to the scheme and what Spags has done in the past with guys of Ingram's size. He doesn't need to play 50 snaps...but just reducing him to a pass rusher only is naive imo. As much as you'd like to ignore it the run d must be improved this year if this team plans to progress.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:03 AM 03-20-2021
Maybe you sign a guy like Ingram and draft a bigger DE like Basham. On obvious passing downs you can move Basham inside and put Ingram on the edge.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:07 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe you sign a guy like Ingram and draft a bigger DE like Basham. On obvious passing downs you can move Basham inside and put Ingram on the edge.
If you aren’t going to have a great player opposite Clark, we might as well load up on several solid players.

Danna, Taco, Ingram. Might as well have several competent bodies to go with a draft pick or two.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:09 AM 03-20-2021
I'm perfectly fine with this, and every Chiefs fan should be as well.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:19 AM 03-20-2021
Worried about this dude’s knee. Justin Houston has actually been the far better player over the last two seasons (but may be more expensive/not want a reunion).
[Reply]
TEX 11:44 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm perfectly fine with this, and every Chiefs fan should be as well.
Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.
[Reply]
TEX 11:46 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If you aren’t going to have a great player opposite Clark, we might as well load up on several solid players.

Danna, Taco, Ingram. Might as well have several competent bodies to go with a draft pick or two.
Well, this makes sense.
[Reply]
TEX 11:47 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Declining production? Last year he was injured for the majority of the season so that is not really a clear indication that he's slowing down. Before that he had four years of getting seven or more sacks. And as others have pointed out we play a ton of nickle so imo that undermines your argument when it pertains to the scheme and what Spags has done in the past with guys of Ingram's size. He doesn't need to play 50 snaps...but just reducing him to a pass rusher only is naive imo. As much as you'd like to ignore it the run d must be improved this year if this team plans to progress.
Injurirs are part of declining production, especially over 30.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:51 AM 03-20-2021
Clark, Jones, Wharton, Ingram on clear passing downs to pin their ears back and get after the passer. Hell yes!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:00 PM 03-20-2021
Melvin Ingram Top 100 video from 2019: https://youtu.be/9A-ACYcR7sk

2018: https://youtu.be/MD-rXGBilgA

Gets a sack over Mitch in both. Dude definitely has some swagger about him.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:01 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.
I don't know about this. The 2020 season just sucked for him.

He had a serious knee injury last year and missed 9 games. He missed 3 games in 2019. That's it since 2014. Ingram had 42 sacks during the 2014 - 2019 seasons.

Ingram re-injured his knee last year so the chargers put him on IR a 2nd time. You can't bring a player back from IR more than once so Ingram spent the rest of the season not playing. That helps us(if we sign him) because he got extra time to heal last year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:01 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Injurirs are part of declining production, especially over 30.
A freak injury one year shouldn't define a players current abilities imo. Houston was written off the same way by Chiefs fans and yet he's had two injury free years and 19 sacks since he left.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:05 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
A freak injury one year shouldn't define a players current abilities imo. Houston was written off the same way by Chiefs fans and yet he's had two injury free years and 19 sacks since he left.
nobody's saying it does.

Post 30 year old, 247 pound guys coming off a knee injury probably shouldn't be asked to play strong-side defensive end every snap.

As a rotational player on a reasonable deal, he's a great pick-up.

4 and a half stars, would sign again.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:06 PM 03-20-2021
Well... I'm not thrilled. There was a time when I would have been but he looked like shit last year before the injury.

I'd rather have Vernon at this point. I guess though, these are the only 2 guys left really. One can hope Ingram returns to form.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up