ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 25
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:38 AM 03-25-2021
Remmers was fine at RT. Why do people keep trying to compare his terrible performance at LT in the SB? It's totally different situations. 4 spots in our line will be fine. Unfortunately the most important 1 is a huge question.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:59 AM 03-25-2021
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:41 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Remmers was fine at RT. Why do people keep trying to compare his terrible performance at LT in the SB? It's totally different situations. 4 spots in our line will be fine. Unfortunately the most important 1 is a huge question.
Recency bias? Remembrance of him getting dismantled by Von Miller in the Super Bowl?

Either way, the player Remmers was at RT last year was a solid player and if that's their worst-case scenario at RT, the Chiefs are in good shape. Of course, with Niang's upside, there is potential there to be substantially better.

I think the same is true at LT. It was UGLY without Fisher in the Super Bowl. It has led to a weird swing in Fisher's valuation. He was a steady, solid player at LT for the Chiefs. But he wasn't a superstar or dynamic piece by any means.

They need to be better there than Mike Remmers was in the SB, but there are MANY paths to that.

We also had about a 24-hour period to dream about an OL that ran Trent Williams-Joe Thuney-Rodney Hudson-LDT-Niang L-R, which would be one of the better units in the NFL.

Some of this is snapback from that.
[Reply]
oldman 07:53 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How can you count Schwartz for last year? We had him for a few games. We mostly played Remmers there.

If you consider Remmers was our main RT I would consider Niang/Remmers an upgrade at RT.

I think LDT/Long is an upgrade at RG.

Thuney is an upgrade at LG.

LT will probably be a downgrade but let's not assume that just yet.

Center is up in the air. Even just Allegretti there is probably a push with Reiter.
I agree. Schwartz was out for much of the season, so that's a wash. We had a revolving door at LG and some mediocre play at RG. You have to look at G as an upgrade except to the Allegretti fill-in. Reiter was no world-beater, either. So it all boils down to LT. Fisher is not available, so let's see if we can find a stopgap and draft wisely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.
Exactly.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:02 AM 03-25-2021
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.
Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:46 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.
Better than solid. Maybe not elite, but much closer to it than not. Definitely a long way from terrible.

This place has criminally underrated Fisher since day 1.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:56 PM 03-25-2021
Mahomes has a career losing record without Fisher. That should tell you everything you need to know
[Reply]
Dante84 09:46 PM 04-30-2021
Alright, let's go ahead and bring him in.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:49 PM 04-30-2021
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:56 PM 04-30-2021
If the Chiefs don’t take an EDGE tomorrow...something is in the works.

Veach never rests.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:59 PM 04-30-2021
We sign this motherfucker yet
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 PM 04-30-2021
I can’t believe we passed on basham. They must really feel good about taco and danna.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:11 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.
I would be shocked if Houston came back to KC. He didn't leave on the best of terms.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 25
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up