ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 273 of 2694
« First < 173223263269270271272273 2742752762772833233737731273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:00 PM 07-11-2017
One month until this kid plays in his first game.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:11 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Tiger isn't a troll. He makes good points about what Alex Smith brings to the team and he appreciates what Alex Smith does for the Chiefs. He's a good poster.

Just because he doesn't think that Geno Smith is better than Alex, that doesn't make him a troll.
He's not even a Chiefs fan and nobody gives shits about Geno Smith. Every point he makes has been debunked. Even Sandy Cheeks knows Alex Smith limitations and knows Chiefs will dump Alex Smith as soon as season is over.

Alex Smith is on borrowed time, if Chiefs thought they were going win a Super Bowl with them they wouldn't have traded up for PM II and would have found an impact player for this year to make a run.

There is absolutely nothing that can convince people who are sick of Alex Smith mediocrity football player and his lack of willing to take shots down field. His brand of football is old and stale and we one playoff game in 4 years is not getting it done.

Yes he has played good at times and he is capable of making a big play now and then but those become rare and he continues to hold this team back with his lack of consistency at being above average at best.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:13 PM 07-11-2017
Tiger isn't a troll. He makes good points about what Alex Smith brings to the team and he appreciates what Alex Smith does for the Chiefs. He's a good poster.

Just because he doesn't think that Geno Smith is better than Alex, that doesn't make him a troll.
Most people don't have a problem with Alex until Mahomes is ready.

They have a problem with him going that step further and acting like he can hold Roethlisberger, Brady, or Rodgers jock strap.

It's just people being realistic and thinks he's trolling because we all know what we see when Alex has the ball and that is mediocrity around a talented team.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:35 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
He's not even a Chiefs fan and nobody gives shits about Geno Smith. Every point he makes has been debunked. Even Sandy Cheeks knows Alex Smith limitations and knows Chiefs will dump Alex Smith as soon as season is over.

Alex Smith is on borrowed time, if Chiefs thought they were going win a Super Bowl with them they wouldn't have traded up for PM II and would have found an impact player for this year to make a run.

There is absolutely nothing that can convince people who are sick of Alex Smith mediocrity football player and his lack of willing to take shots down field. His brand of football is old and stale and we one playoff game in 4 years is not getting it done.

Yes he has played good at times and he is capable of making a big play now and then but those become rare and he continues to hold this team back with his lack of consistency at being above average at best.
Alex has done a good job here. You look at what we were doing before he got here and what we have done since and it's impressive to say the least. People seem to forget we were 2-14 and our offense was dead last before Alex/Reid got here.

I think Reid recognizes that Alex Smith is getting older and he is preparing for that. Alex relies on running more so than most QBs so we don't know when he will start to decline and it could happen rapidly. So IMO that QB pick was more about that than anything and also the fact Reid loves QBs and Hunt had to be hearing the echos of fans wanting us to draft a QB,

Reid believes we can win with Alex. He has made that very clear numerous times.

“We have complete confidence in Alex Smith, we love Alex Smith here, and we love the things that he’s done and will continue to do for us,” Reid said. “That’s not an issue. The only issue is that we’re all getting a little older. Unfortunately this happens in life, and Alex is getting up there at 32, and you’ve got to start thinking of — not that it’s happening right now — but you’ve got to think a little bit about the future there. Particularly at that position, you have to do that.”
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:42 PM 07-11-2017
I hope he throws a long TD first snap........ Please god please
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:43 PM 07-11-2017
Alex has done a good job here. You look at what we were doing before he got here and what we have done since and it's impressive to say the least. People seem to forget we were 2-14 and our offense was dead last before Alex/Reid got here.

I think Reid recognizes that Alex Smith is getting older and he is preparing for that. Alex relies on running more so than most QBs so we don't know when he will start to decline and it could happen rapidly. So IMO that QB pick was more about that than anything and also the fact Reid loves QBs and Hunt had to be hearing the echos of fans wanting us to draft a QB,

“We have complete confidence in Alex Smith, we love Alex Smith here, and we love the things that he’s done and will continue to do for us,” Reid said. “That’s not an issue. The only issue is that we’re all getting a little older. Unfortunately this happens in life, and Alex is getting up there at 32, and you’ve got to start thinking of — not that it’s happening right now — but you’ve got to think a little bit about the future there. Particularly at that position, you have to do that.”
I agree with your first paragraph, the rest made me :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:49 PM 07-11-2017

The team did great to turn things around yes that defense and special teams have become something special to brag about but we can't brag about this unimposing offense we just can't with Alex Smith. I don't even give shits about the turn around I give shits that we are not winning in the playoffs with an extended Carl Peterson esk quarterback. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the retreads that don't lift this team above it's shoulders. Trent Green was our best shot but give credit to Dick Vermeil for that offense but falter the defense for not showing up.

Alex Smith has his job this year to buy time for Patrick Mahomes II to get himself ready it's going happen sooner or later it's going to happen and next year Alex Smith will be an after thought and we wont' be enjoying a Super Bowl or a Lamar Hunt trophy with him.

If this offense looked good and it became a scoring machine with Alex Smith then he wouldn't be holding this team back like he does.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:53 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I agree with your first paragraph, the rest made me :-) :-) :-)

32 year older yet terrific Tom Brady is going be 40 and still playing at a high level.

Usually quarterbacks start their decline 36 so I think those concussions have really "aged" on Alex Smith
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:02 PM 07-11-2017

Do you really enjoy watching a quarterback that is lucky to throw ONE touchdown a game and settle for field goals because our defense gives short fields for the offense after a Dustin Colquitt punt?
[Reply]
New World Order 03:14 PM 07-11-2017

We've had a bad passing offense the past 4 seasons.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:16 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We've had a bad passing offense the past 4 seasons.
But it improved thanks to not having an OC that literally falls a sleep during the games.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:17 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I agree with your first paragraph
Thing is that glosses over the previous two seasons where the defensive players were more or less talented enough to carry a duo of bad coaches and shite QBs nearly back-to-back playoff berths.

2-14 gets touted way too often by the usual cluster of chucklefucks like Tiger when the record was way more indicative of incredibly inept coaching by Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll than it was of a totally talent-destitute roster as evidenced by Reid and Dorsey by plugging in some league average types of guys to win games thanks largely to the defensive core of Berry, DJ, Hali and Houston.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:18 PM 07-11-2017
Keitzman just called Mahomes a disaster at camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:30 PM 07-11-2017
Kevin is a straight up dumb ass.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:42 PM 07-11-2017
Keitzman hates the Chiefs. Idk why but he does.
[Reply]
Page 273 of 2694
« First < 173223263269270271272273 2742752762772833233737731273 > Last »
Up