ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3555 of 3903
« First < 2555305534553505354535513552355335543555 3556355735583559356536053655 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 11:40 PM 07-16-2021
I wish Israel was a little more forthcoming with their data.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:35 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
What makes you think new variants won’t keep popping up? It’s such an adaptive virus and there’s always going to be plenty of people for it to continue mutating among. Seems like it’ll just get better at spreading and staying just enough ahead of our vaccines to avoid eradication.
I am definitely concerned about more variants which is why it was important to get as many people vaccinated as possible before that happened to limit the ability for the virus to mutate, as it normally mutates during unchecked community spread. My only hope, since I think more variants are likely (welcome ozarks/arkansas variant), is that the mutations become less deadly as they will likely be more transmissible. The science would be fascinating if it wasn't also pretty frightening.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:51 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I don't go downtown much but it would not surprise me. They lived through the really bad times last spring and remember it so the mask isn't some awful thing to them. I was down there in October and every single person for the most part was masked up, even outside. I live about 20 miles from the loop and around here, most have ditched masks because of vaccination or they just never wore them to begin with (or wore them with their nose/mouth hanging out). Dupage county has the highest vaccination percentage in the state but there are still pockets of anti-vaxxers here and there.
Its pretty much back to normal here. Some overly cautious people but I don't see too many masks.

Although I did get my hand slapped for grabbing an Uber home last night without a mask. The driver gave me one and they sent me a mask reminder email. This is where it gets a bit silly, imo. I drove to a brewery for a beer release yesterday, decided to have a couple and chose to Uber home. Since the brewery doesn't require masks, I didn't bring one. Are we just supposed keep one on us just in case? Screw that noise.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 07-17-2021
There’s only so many mutations that can happen before it mutated itself out of fitness for binding to ace2
[Reply]
TLO 08:18 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
There’s only so many mutations that can happen before it mutated itself out of fitness for binding to ace2
Have you seen anything on the press release from Isreal about the vaccine being significantly less effective?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:19 AM 07-17-2021
Transmissibility and Virulence.

If one increases, the other decreases.

They don't both go up in tandem.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

That’s not necessarily true
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Have you seen anything on the press release from Isreal about the vaccine being significantly less effective?
Not really.
[Reply]
TLO 08:48 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

:-)

This mutation doesn't seem to be a whole lot less virulent.
[Reply]
TLO 08:56 AM 07-17-2021
Not really.
Me either. Have been checking my regular go to's on Twitter. Nothing there.
[Reply]
TLO 09:19 AM 07-17-2021

We're in this Delta wave together.
Israel started later than UK with a very low case burden but now running parallel, as is the US. High numbers of cases but far lower severe illness than previous waves, thanks to vaccines https://t.co/EPyVnfQ1y5 pic.twitter.com/ASeTvo9rSR

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) July 17, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:28 AM 07-17-2021
That’s not necessarily true
Feel free to share examples.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:02 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its pretty much back to normal here. Some overly cautious people but I don't see too many masks.

Although I did get my hand slapped for grabbing an Uber home last night without a mask. The driver gave me one and they sent me a mask reminder email. This is where it gets a bit silly, imo. I drove to a brewery for a beer release yesterday, decided to have a couple and chose to Uber home. Since the brewery doesn't require masks, I didn't bring one. Are we just supposed keep one on us just in case? Screw that noise.
It is not silly and the attitude shown in this post is part of the problem.
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is not silly and the attitude shown in this post is part of the problem.
Nah, it's silly. The inconsistency is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:36 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Um, yes? How hard is that
[Reply]
Page 3555 of 3903
« First < 2555305534553505354535513552355335543555 3556355735583559356536053655 > Last »
Up