Page 45 of 934
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:48 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So any extra money I want to save should be put in my 401k?
Yeah, if you don't think you're going to need it for something like a house. You want to delay taxes as long as possible and also pay those taxes when your income is lower (presumably post-retirement).
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:48 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So any extra money I want to save should be put in my 401k?

I'd say yes, once you have a sufficient rainy day fund. Why?

1. the money you put into the 401(k) doesn't count as income in the year that you make it.

2. it grows tax deferred. So any trades, any dividends, any anything, is tax free until you start taking withdrawals.

The trick is you can't take it out anytime soon, so it is NOT where you want to put money that you might need later to, whatever, buy a house, an engagement ring, a car, etc. But yeah, other than that, 401(k) is a great place to save.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:54 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I hope it goes back to $0.03 for you. You'll be lighting cigars with $100 bills.
Just bought a position in UBQU

They are a MJ company based in Colorado. Sales have been increasing and they have a lot of new products coming down the pipeline.

It has went up a lot recently but should be one of those 100 times return stocks if you hold it for the long term (1-2 years).

I have been following the MJ stocks for a long time now-most are pump and dump. So it was nice to find one that actually is selling products not shares.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:19 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Just bought a position in UBQU

They are a MJ company based in Colorado. Sales have been increasing and they have a lot of new products coming down the pipeline.

It has went up a lot recently but should be one of those 100 times return stocks if you hold it for the long term (1-2 years).

I have been following the MJ stocks for a long time now-most are pump and dump. So it was nice to find one that actually is selling products not shares.
Market cap is only 356K
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:25 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Market cap is only 356K
Let's pool our money and take it over.
[Reply]
scho63 06:00 PM 02-06-2017
I just dumped everything I had into Bluestar Airlines. Put all your money in it!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:03 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
I just dumped everything I had into Bluestar Airlines. Put all your money in it!
Market Cap is ony $4
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:34 PM 02-06-2017
Market cap is only 356K
:-) So what does that have to do with it being a good stock?

A majority of those shares are locked up- so any positive news is sending this one upwards.

Best of luck to all.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:51 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-) So what does that have to do with it being a good stock?

A majority of those shares are locked up- so any positive news is sending this one upwards.

Best of luck to all.
It has nothing to do but Rainman taught me this needs to be mentioned.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:57 PM 02-06-2017
Market Cap is ony $4
It might be a good buy. You could buy the company and then sell the fuel out of the airplanes' gas tanks for a huge profit.

I actually read about a guy who did that once. Right after WWII, he bought a bunch of surplus planes because he wanted one plane, and he sold the fuel that was in their tanks for more than the cost of the total purchase. He then kept several planes and built his own fleet to lease to moviemakers.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:00 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It might be a good buy. You could buy the company and then sell the fuel out of the airplanes' gas tanks for a huge profit.

I actually read about a guy who did that once. Right after WWII, he bought a bunch of surplus planes because he wanted one plane, and he sold the fuel that was in their tanks for more than the cost of the total purchase. He then kept several planes and built his own fleet to lease to moviemakers.
I kinda been doin the same thing with Boars.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:05 PM 02-06-2017
I kinda been doin the same thing with Boars.
I don't...I...by jove, you're right.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:10 PM 02-06-2017
I was gonna stick something like $70 on PNOW the other day but the more I read, the more I said dumb. I'll just do some sports betting.

I'll be watching though Hog Farmer. You almost got me!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:19 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I was gonna stick something like $70 on PNOW the other day but the more I read, the more I said dumb. I'll just do some sports betting.

I'll be watching though Hog Farmer. You almost got me!!!
Well, I did buy some. I've been trying to dump all the moneymakers and go for stocks that really have no future. I still think there's a fortune to be made with KBLB though. That's the company that crossed spider genetics into silkworms and engineered a super strong silk that is to be used in the military. They got their first military contract last year. I had it several years and they have been ramping up production recently. Just put in a shitload of mulberry trees in Texas to feed them suckers.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Market cap is 54m

http://www.kraiglabs.com/
[Reply]
lewdog 08:27 PM 02-08-2017
This has to be a good buy, right? MJNA
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MJNA?ltr=1
[Reply]
Page 45 of 934
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145545 > Last »
Up