ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My Dad is so awesome, he waited for me
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:02 PM 05-07-2021
My sister told him Jimmy was on the way, drove 8 hours at 90mph and made it. I got to the hospital, I made my way to his room on the 5th floor . I grabbed his hand , rubbed his shoulder, told him i was here .

He took his last four breaths and was gone.

Buried him yesterday.

God is good!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:04 PM 05-07-2021
Went through this recently. So awesome to be able to say goodbye. God bless you brother.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:06 PM 05-07-2021
That’s incredible. Glad you were there to comfort him in his final moments and I’m glad he put up one last incredible fight to share that moment with you.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:08 PM 05-07-2021
One of the greatest gifts one could receive. My mom waited for us all to finally leave the room, especially my dad. We had surrounded her bedside for 9 days, took shifts overnight, never left her side. Finally, the priest told my father that he needed to tell mom (who was unconscious for 5 days) that he loved her and that it was OK for her to go now. He did so, left the room and 5 minutes later she was gone.

God Bless you man. You really had a moment that many people never have. Cherish it and his memory.
[Reply]
eDave 09:09 PM 05-07-2021
Wow. This jolted and grabbed me and sent shivers all over. Bitter sweet.

What a moment for both of you. RIP Hog Sr. Be well, Jr.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:12 PM 05-07-2021
Thoughts and prayers Hog. It always sucks losing someone. I missed my mom by 15 minutes.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:15 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Thoughts and prayers Hog. It always sucks losing someone. I missed my mom by 15 minutes.
That's hard man. Super tough when it goes down like that.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:17 PM 05-07-2021
Thank you for posting this.

Beautiful.
[Reply]
HayWire 09:19 PM 05-07-2021
Awesome. RIP to the ol man and condolences to you.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:20 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm sorry for that. She knows you were there though, even if it wasn't physically.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:21 PM 05-07-2021
You are blessed to have that moment cherish it.

I was privileged to spend the last night with my Dad in the nursing home and in the morning put my head on his chest and felt his last breath and I looked in his eyes and I saw the purist form of love I've ever seen then his life was gone but that was the closest I've ever felt to God and I was loved. Tears rolling down my cheek writing this for you. God Bless.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:24 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
You are blessed to have that moment cherish it.

I was privileged to spend the last night with my Dad in the nursing home and in the morning put my head on his chest and felt his last breath and I looked in his eyes and I saw the purist form of love I've ever seen then his life was gone but that was the closest I've ever felt to God and I was loved. Tears rolling down my cheek writing this for you. God Bless.
Amen, It's a life changing moment.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:29 PM 05-07-2021
Best to you Hog, glad you got to be there at the end.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:31 PM 05-07-2021
Sincere condolences on your loss. Being with a loved one in their last moments is a very powerful experience, it sure helps with the "afterwards". Peace to you.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:33 PM 05-07-2021
My mom had a brain aneurysm in 2008 i got off work at midnight got on the bus and got all the way down to corpus christi. My brother picked me up and we went to the hospital i saw my mom who was fighting so much to live. We were telling her it ok to go. I went to my grandma house to rest after the long trip down and not even a hour later my mom was gone. I was just glad to see her before she passed.
Glad you got that chance hog.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up