ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CP Get together?
burt 08:55 AM 05-04-2021
Okay, with the loss of another great CPer and Nzoner on the mend, there are several mentions of needing to get together. I am asking for feed back.

I work Saturdays, but am open to a Saturday night or Sunday pre-pregame.

I am not as wealthy as some here and live in a little 3 bedroom ranch hovel in Raytona beach with an average sized, but beautiful back yard. It's about 7 miles from the stadium. I offer my humble abode or a local park shelter.

My home has advantages. BIG grill. Bigger than Shannon Sharps grill! And of course, you could feel free to imbibe your BYOB (due to not wanting to be responsible for any one drinking and driving).

Park shelter would offer anonymity, you could byob just use a solo, but historically a small grill or my portable small grill.

I am looking for interest? Preferred day of event (given Sunday game)? Preferred venue?

Any other input would be appreciated. It's just time that we get together.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:25 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I'm in.
Oh hell no
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:50 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d like to attend. I’m a little nervous though.

I might be the only dude here who isn’t 6’7”, 260 lbs, with washboard abs and 26” pythons.
Yeah but do you have a 10" dong?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Yeah but do you have a 10" dong?
Hold on, let me get a boner real quick
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:24 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hold on, let me get a boner real quick
Yes, if I’m allowed to round up to the nearest 10
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:27 PM 05-04-2021
If the get together is in September, I’m out. My calendar is completely booked every weekend. If it’s October, I got a chance.
[Reply]
bevischief 12:21 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I kind of miss the days of where I could say, "Just tell me when and where." Then again, not really. :-) I'd be down, but tailgating stories are about all my boyfriend can handle to hear about me. I've tried telling him a few things, but he cuts me off every time. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:27 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
TC is right. Sometimes preseason games are on Thursday or Friday or Saturday nights. I think if we could pick the right pre-season game, that would be a good one for out of towners looking for a less expensive ticket, and enjoy going to Arrowhead.

Schedule comes out in about a week or so.

Also, Burt, if you don't want a bunch of strangers milling around your house, we could pick a park in Raytown, or I have a friend named Matt Mallinson who has a Winery and Party Room in Sugar Creek. Somewhere like that would be OK too. We'd just need to buy the beer and wine from his place.

https://www.mallinsonhall.com/
I know some of us out of town 2-3 hours + season ticket holders give away our Preseason tix to friends and fam and may not be down until the reg season. That shouldn't stop anything though, but the schedule might dictate when it comes out next week if there is a good opportunity.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:29 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Where you at?
About an hour west of SF.

Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Pick me up on the way. I live south of Beresford.
Just played amateur baseball against them in the state tournament awhile back.

Pretty sure BeavisChief or someone else wanted to go to one in the past but it didn’t work out. Wonder if he’s still around.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:32 PM 05-05-2021
Haven't seen him
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:24 PM 05-05-2021
Salem?
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:27 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Salem?
West of Mitchell
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:29 PM 05-05-2021
Do wa dittys
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:10 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Maybe a preason game? I want to take my youngest to a game but I'm not spending that much on tickets.
Preason games suck.
[Reply]
HayWire 03:08 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
Preason games suck.
True. But if you're taking people that are kind of "meh" about the game they're great just for a taste of the experience. I'm not spending a shit load of money to take my 10 year old to a game when he's going to be more amazed by the stadium than what's going on on the field.

I took my oldest to a regular season game when he was 12. Little shithead took a nap because he was bored.

Point being, not everyone is a diehard fan and as much as I hate preason they're still great for a "social" event.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:12 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Heh. I imagine more than a couple CPer's keep on the wagon. Either on orders of wives or their docs.
No one gets to play forever.

Even Brady has to retire eventually...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up