ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CP Get together?
burt 08:55 AM 05-04-2021
Okay, with the loss of another great CPer and Nzoner on the mend, there are several mentions of needing to get together. I am asking for feed back.

I work Saturdays, but am open to a Saturday night or Sunday pre-pregame.

I am not as wealthy as some here and live in a little 3 bedroom ranch hovel in Raytona beach with an average sized, but beautiful back yard. It's about 7 miles from the stadium. I offer my humble abode or a local park shelter.

My home has advantages. BIG grill. Bigger than Shannon Sharps grill! And of course, you could feel free to imbibe your BYOB (due to not wanting to be responsible for any one drinking and driving).

Park shelter would offer anonymity, you could byob just use a solo, but historically a small grill or my portable small grill.

I am looking for interest? Preferred day of event (given Sunday game)? Preferred venue?

Any other input would be appreciated. It's just time that we get together.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:51 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Are you Bartles? Or James?
:-)
[Reply]
burt 10:52 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Probably better to have this conversation about particular timing once the schedule is released.
Absolutely. Mostly gauging interest, ideas and thoughts. I figure I'll get someone to do a poll on when is best when the schedule is released.
[Reply]
Otter 10:53 AM 05-04-2021
My opinion is, maybe the Saturday evening before the game, with option for a pregame/watch party for those who don't have tix. I make a hella breakfast and mimosa's. Not to mention my world famous "3" chili, that I only know how to make in copious amounts. "3" chili because 3 meats and 3 beans.
I might show up for this alone.
[Reply]
chop 10:54 AM 05-04-2021
I would like to actually match a face to a name. I live far away but it may be possible to take a trip to go watch a game and meet some people.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:01 AM 05-04-2021
Absolutely. Mostly gauging interest, ideas and thoughts. I figure I'll get someone to do a poll on when is best when the schedule is released.
I think Saturday night before a big home game probably the best way to do it. And probably before the first Sunday home game as the weather will be best for an outdoor gathering and I suspect a lot of people thirsty for a game after missing last season will be in town for that one (opponent notwithstanding).
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 11:02 AM 05-04-2021
For a nominal amount, my SO could do a CP tee shirt with screen name and perhaps a favorite #? Mine would be:

burt
You should make it:

Burt Beach
[Reply]
burt 11:06 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I might show up for this alone.
Steak, burger and Italian sausage.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
burt 11:08 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think Saturday night before a big home game probably the best way to do it. And probably before the first Sunday home game as the weather will be best for an outdoor gathering and I suspect a lot of people thirsty for a game after missing last season will be in town for that one (opponent notwithstanding).
As usual, awesome input!
[Reply]
burt 11:09 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
You should make it:

Burt Beach
Hey mods...How 'bout changing my name to this?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:13 AM 05-04-2021
Steak, burger and Italian sausage.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
Burt's chili. You work at a waffle house? :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 AM 05-04-2021
I'd be down if there would be any others that would not be drinking. Haven't had alcohol since Nov 2019 and it's real awkward being the only sober person around alot of drunk peeps.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by digger:

Only if the shirt have this on them.
:-)
I’m going to need a cut of the profits since that’s my hand.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:33 AM 05-04-2021
Sounds fun. I've always wanted to go to the bash but never got a real opportunity and I've always been bumbed out about not going :-)

I think you should consider a Sunday Night game
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 AM 05-04-2021
Do you have a designated space in the backyard for pissing and puking?

That could be vital.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:45 AM 05-04-2021
We could do a potluck, would prefer a Sunday night game, and have the gathering start at like 1:30... Just a thought.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up