ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CP Get together?
burt 08:55 AM 05-04-2021
Okay, with the loss of another great CPer and Nzoner on the mend, there are several mentions of needing to get together. I am asking for feed back.

I work Saturdays, but am open to a Saturday night or Sunday pre-pregame.

I am not as wealthy as some here and live in a little 3 bedroom ranch hovel in Raytona beach with an average sized, but beautiful back yard. It's about 7 miles from the stadium. I offer my humble abode or a local park shelter.

My home has advantages. BIG grill. Bigger than Shannon Sharps grill! And of course, you could feel free to imbibe your BYOB (due to not wanting to be responsible for any one drinking and driving).

Park shelter would offer anonymity, you could byob just use a solo, but historically a small grill or my portable small grill.

I am looking for interest? Preferred day of event (given Sunday game)? Preferred venue?

Any other input would be appreciated. It's just time that we get together.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:59 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
It seems that there are multiple central locations for CPers. Perhaps there could be simultaneous satellite gatherings in other parts of the country as well as the main event in KC. All gatherings might then be linked up electronically to form a nationwide bash.
I like that idea.
[Reply]
Renegade 10:02 AM 05-04-2021
Hold the event in Springfield MO. Guaranteed to be a large turnout.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:03 AM 05-04-2021
I am interested. Would prefer if its a home game to be a Saturday. If away game then I suppose we could do a Chiefs game watch party. I don't have much to say about a venue. I'm good with whatever.

Edit: Except it should be near KC. Springfield is a long way away.
[Reply]
wazu 10:06 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
For a nominal amount, my SO could do a CP tee shirt with screen name and perhaps a favorite #? Mine would be:

burt
This is a really good idea, but not sure a number is necessary unless we're planning to form a softball team.
[Reply]
burt 10:06 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I am interested. Would prefer if its a home game to be a Saturday. If away game then I suppose we could do a Chiefs game watch party. I don't have much to say about a venue. I'm good with whatever.

Edit: Except it should be near KC. Springfield is a long way away.
I REALLY prefer a home game. More reason for out of towners to make it an event.
[Reply]
burt 10:09 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
This is a really good idea, but not sure a number is necessary unless we're planning to form a softball team.
The number is just so if one were to wear it later, it would appear that the shirt was some athletic en devour. Tho given my current girth....they would wonder how long ago said athletic en devour occurred... Open to losing the number. Just brainstorming.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:10 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
I REALLY prefer a home game. More reason for out of towners to make it an event.
Oh that's a good point. I have season tickets now so wouldn't be able to make it if we did on game day. But I think we could swing it if it is held on the Saturday before the (Sunday) game.
[Reply]
digger 10:14 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Do we all have to get custom shirts with our screen names and avatars on it?

Only if the shirt have this on them.
:-)
[Reply]
burt 10:17 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Oh that's a good point. I have season tickets now so wouldn't be able to make it if we did on game day. But I think we could swing it if it is held on the Saturday before the (Sunday) game.
My opinion is, maybe the Saturday evening before the game, with option for a pregame/watch party for those who don't have tix. I make a hella breakfast and mimosa's. Not to mention my world famous "3" chili, that I only know how to make in copious amounts. "3" chili because 3 meats and 3 beans.
[Reply]
burt 10:19 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by digger:

Only if the shirt have this on them.
:-)
I am not sure she could handle that....but I would check because that would be AWESOME!!!!
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:22 AM 05-04-2021
I would be down, depending on the date. Would be fun to put faces with names.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:42 AM 05-04-2021
It'd be really cool to meet you cool cats. I'll be going to several games this year, long as I don't have to get vaccinated. That would be awesome.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:48 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I would be down, depending on the date. Would be fun to put faces with names.
Howdy! I'm ChiTown

[Reply]
burt 10:50 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Howdy! I'm ChiTown
Are you Bartles? Or James?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:50 AM 05-04-2021
Probably better to have this conversation about particular timing once the schedule is released.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up