ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3494 of 3903
« First < 2494299433943444348434903491349234933494 3495349634973498350435443594 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Skyy God 06:34 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I guess it comes down to the question of whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus. Do we know the answer to that yet?

If so, it seems like the appropriate thing is to wear them until everyone is vaccinated who is willing to get one. Then you let the laggards determine their own fate.

If not, then the only problem is that the laggards will be spreading the virus and even at 95 percent you'll still be having the virus hit some vaccinated people. But that's always going to happen unless we kill the virus, so it shouldn't drive policy.
We’re rapidly reaching the point where, in many parts of the country, anyone who wants the vaccine can get it.

It’s not my job to protect the idiots who refuse to protect themselves.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:07 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
We’re rapidly reaching the point where, in many parts of the country, anyone who wants the vaccine can get it.

It’s not my job to protect the idiots who refuse to protect themselves.
Yep. When we hit that point, we turn it over to Darwin. You just hope that there are few enough of those people to squelch the natural spread of the virus. Even at 95 percent efficacy, some people will still get it. Of course, I'm hearing that the vaccinated people tend to get only a mild case, so as long as that doesn't change we're good.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:37 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yep. When we hit that point, we turn it over to Darwin. You just hope that there are few enough of those people to squelch the natural spread of the virus. Even at 95 percent efficacy, some people will still get it. Of course, I'm hearing that the vaccinated people tend to get only a mild case, so as long as that doesn't change we're good.
There is still a potential for the virus to change rendering the vaccine less effective or potentially useless , so they you still want to reduce the amount of hosts available, so we still need to care a little about people not getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is still a potential for the virus to change rendering the vaccine less effective or potentially useless , so they you still want to reduce the amount of hosts available, so we still need to care a little about people not getting vaccinated.
Nah, the vaccines are standing up really well.

I woudln't worry too much about variants with escape yet.

Between natural immunity and vaccinations, we're there. Now the rest of the world is getting slammed, so start slinging vaccines everywhere
[Reply]
Monticore 07:35 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, the vaccines are standing up really well.

I woudln't worry too much about variants with escape yet.

Between natural immunity and vaccinations, we're there. Now the rest of the world is getting slammed, so start slinging vaccines everywhere
If vaccine are this effective I assume there is still a chance this thing could die out no?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:21 AM 05-10-2021
Yeah, the non-vaxxers might be the undoing of all the work and sacrifice the rest of us have done.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 05-10-2021
If vaccine are this effective I assume there is still a chance this thing could die out no?
I doubt we get enough coverage worldwide, but it'll basically become the flu I'd imagine. Or less.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:32 AM 05-10-2021
No. That is a fantasy.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
No. That is a fantasy.
If you could vaccinate enough people, it would run out of hosts.

That won't happen though.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:10 AM 05-10-2021
No. That is a fantasy.
With that type of attitude maybe, if it doesn't mutate and everybody gets infected/vaccinated in theory it would die out , if not for the possible variants that could cause issues I have no problem if the unvaccinated do their part and get infected .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:25 AM 05-10-2021
With that type of attitude maybe, if it doesn't mutate and everybody gets infected/vaccinated in theory it would die out , if not for the possible variants that could cause issues I have no problem if the unvaccinated do their part and get infected .
Most of the top scientists have been saying that we need to learn to live with this for a while now. This is going to be around, probably will cycle through like another common cold virus.

Zero Covid cult is a totalitarian religion, not based on science.

We have had new coronaviruses before, we will in the future. Asking for more is hubris.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 AM 05-10-2021
Most of the top scientists have been saying that we need to learn to live with this for a while now. This is going to be around, probably will cycle through like another common cold virus.

Zero Covid cult is a totalitarian religion, not based on science.

We have had new coronaviruses before, we will in the future. Asking for more is hubris.
There's a massive difference between "we should lock everything down until it's 100% eliminated" and "it's possible we could eliminate this through vaccines." I'm fine with opening things up pretty much entirely after we hit 70%+ vaccination or so, but I also think that continuing to be aggressive with vaccines could eventually all but eliminate it.

It's not going to happen overnight, but over the course of a decade or so with additional research and focus? Sure, it could happen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:33 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a massive difference between "we should lock everything down until it's 100% eliminated" and "it's possible we could eliminate this through vaccines." I'm fine with opening things up pretty much entirely after we hit 70%+ vaccination or so, but I also think that continuing to be aggressive with vaccines could eventually all but eliminate it.

It's not going to happen overnight, but over the course of a decade or so with additional research and focus? Sure, it could happen.
Protect the small percentage of our population that is vulnerable. Offer those the vaccine and that's it.

My life as a human is not going to be dedicated to wiping out a minor coronavirus or stopping nature.

Mankind has far bigger problems right now worthy of investment, like children dying of starvation.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 05-10-2021
Protect the small percentage of our population that is vulnerable. Offer those the vaccine and that's it.

My life as a human is not going to be dedicated to wiping out a minor coronavirus or stopping nature.

Mankind has far bigger problems right now worthy of investment, like children dying of starvation.
Seeing what's happening in India currently, I'd say it's still a pretty big problem.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:30 AM 05-10-2021

The vulnerable people now are the unvaccinated.
[Reply]
Page 3494 of 3903
« First < 2494299433943444348434903491349234933494 3495349634973498350435443594 > Last »
Up