ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 314 of 382
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324364 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:45 PM 05-02-2021
Narrow Gauge is doing shipping in Missouri.

Also - I did a subscription order with Craft Beer Kings and so far i'm happy - all 6 stouts i've never had, and of the 6 only Evil Twin and Off Color distribute here, although i've never seen these particular beers in stores.

Best thing about the shipment was it wasn't marked as alcohol so I didn't have to be home to sign for it. Pretty sure none of that is legal in Kansas.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:07 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Just finished one of these, oh myyyyyyyyyy
Those are disgusting.

WAY too boozy tasting for my liking.

The 90 minute is much better.
[Reply]
kstater 08:30 PM 05-02-2021
KC lost a fantastic brewer and an even better person last week. Rodney from 3 Halves passed away. Never had a bad beer from him.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:38 PM 05-02-2021
Beagle was a good kid. It's a shame. He left two young sons behind. There were hundreds out at Three Halves today for his memorial.
[Reply]
scho63 09:27 PM 05-02-2021
Stores are over supplying IPAs.

I like some light pilsners this time of year.

5.5% - 6.5% max.

Fate has some nice ones that have Italy or Germany styles and taste.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Narrow Gauge is doing shipping in Missouri.

Also - I did a subscription order with Craft Beer Kings and so far i'm happy - all 6 stouts i've never had, and of the 6 only Evil Twin and Off Color distribute here, although i've never seen these particular beers in stores.

Best thing about the shipment was it wasn't marked as alcohol so I didn't have to be home to sign for it. Pretty sure none of that is legal in Kansas.
Sweet Jesus I just saw this this morning and just ordered $100 worth of beer to be delivered.

I love America.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:08 AM 05-03-2021
Tavour is another one that gets some pretty decent stuff. I've seen Side Project Coffee Shop Vibes on there along with some Anchorage stouts. I recently grabbed a Cycle BA Chocolate Coconut Cinnamon Roll from them.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:15 AM 05-03-2021
Last time I checked Tavour didn't ship to KS - and with the warmer weather coming up it goes without saying be cautious, especially if you plan on ordering some fruited sours :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:37 AM 05-03-2021
Right. Dark beers only for me if I'm ordering anything at all.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 05-08-2021
Made a quick trip to Ground Control (sorry, lewdog!) for some Toppling Goliath Term Oil Coconut Monster Cookie... first time I've seen one of their stouts for sale in Arizona.

$15 for a 5oz pour, server said their TG bill was ~3 grand (granted, they did have several of their common beers on tap, too).

And it was fucking phenomenal... maybe kind of reminiscent of Modern Times Monsters Park (but, it's been a few years since I've had that), seriously worth the $15.... and talked them into bringing home another 16oz at a discounted price. :-)

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:11 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Made a quick trip to Ground Control (sorry, lewdog!) for some Toppling Goliath Term Oil Coconut Monster Cookie... first time I've seen one of their stouts for sale in Arizona.

$15 for a 5oz pour, server said their TG bill was ~3 grand (granted, they did have several of their common beers on tap, too).

And it was ****ing phenomenal... maybe kind of reminiscent of Modern Times Monsters Park (but, it's been a few years since I've had that), seriously worth the $15.... and talked them into bringing home another 16oz at a discounted price. :-)

Did you have to finance that crowler? Holy smokes.

That’s as expensive a pour as I think I’ve ever seen outside of stuff like Utopias.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:19 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Did you have to finance that crowler? Holy smokes.

That’s as expensive a pour as I think I’ve ever seen outside of stuff like Utopias.
:-)

They gave me the crowler for $35, so it was discounted by about $13. But yeah, I'm sure it was the most I've ever paid per ounce (and I'm grudgingly used to paying ~$25-30 for 16.9oz bottles).

I wanted to try their Cherry Fandango, too, but they were out.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:22 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

And it was fucking phenomenal... maybe kind of reminiscent of Modern Times Monsters Park (but, it's been a few years since I've had that), seriously worth the $15.... and talked them into bringing home another 16oz at a discounted price. :-)

I was at a friend’s nearby sampling some sours and gose we picked up.

Fuck you!

(Nice pour)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:27 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I was at a friend’s nearby sampling some sours and gose we picked up.

Fuck you!

(Nice pour)
It was pretty spontaneous and I was seriously there for all of 30-45 minutes... and it would have been less, but the server was having a helluva time sealing the crowler.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:34 PM 05-30-2021
Made it out to Mikerphone for the tail end of their Smells Like A Beer Fest

Was able to try the Double Barrel Smells Like Bean Spirit which is a banger

They also had some great guest taps like Weldwerks Old Elk Medianoche

Left with a BA Smells Like Bean Spirit and some hops

[Reply]
Page 314 of 382
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317318324364 > Last »
Up